aftermarket wheels thread

Anyone know if these alloys will fit the vRS :thumbup: Think they will suit the vRS estate pretty well B)

Mercedes AMG C63

But prefer them in this colour, just don't know what they are actually called or if the offset etc will be correct to go straight on without hub adaptors as for me I like a alloy wheel to go straight on to the hub.

car_photo_586882.jpg

@220 cheers I have seen them before & I also like the VWR R360 wheels but seeing that both of them alloys have been done before on here from other users even thou they look excellent, I just wanted to be a tad different but thanks again for the suggestions.

I have to say that I do prefer the look of the C63 AMG wheels, I think its the style & the way they look more aggressive in my opinion :thumbup: 

• Like 1

Hi guys, I’m looking at a set of wheels that are 8.5x19 and ET33..  

Would these be too tight at the front for clearance? Car will be lowered on H&R springs only so not too low

thanks in advance 

On 05/02/2018 at 16:07, Ant-Vrs said:

Rare Neuspeed rse10 19x8 et45 light weight wheels and big brake friendly (no spacers needed) in matte bronze with 235 35 19 tyres 

Hey Ant - what are the side skirt additions please?

On 11/19/2016 at 18:24, pist0nbr0ke said:

20161119_141118.jpg

18 x 7.5 ET31, unknown manufacturer (bought 2nd hand).

Vredestein Wintrac Extremes

ET 31 is low but these look ok to me.

Maybe my ET33 may work after all

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/06/2018 at 17:53, pist0nbr0ke said:

They remind me of TSW Venoms from the 90's Max Power scene :blink:

images.jpeg.d41234d57c96bc26f37a1bd08a09a938.jpeg

I use to love the TSW stealth's from back in the day B)

Edited by BATVANVRS

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, cxxb15 said:

very nice.

How is the fender clearance? any chance of more photos? 

Thanx mate! There's plenty of room with this setup. Front is flush and rear end could use 1cm spacers though. Wheel gap is down to 3,5cm roughly with Eibach ProKit. If you need, I can take more closeup photos. Just say the angle you want.

43450108_1873425216073126_767309805944569856_n.jpg

• Like 2

On 17/06/2018 at 15:17, BATVANVRS said:

Anyone know if these alloys will fit the vRS :thumbup: Think they will suit the vRS estate pretty well B)

Mercedes AMG C63

But prefer them in this colour, just don't know what they are actually called or if the offset etc will be correct to go straight on without hub adaptors as for me I like a alloy wheel to go straight on to the hub.

car_photo_586882.jpg

@BATVANVRS Not sure if you're still interested or not but the Black Wheels above are the optional wheel fitted on the Edition 507 C63. I had one before the current VRS and it had a set of those originally and I then swapped onto a set of the Diamond cut ones instead. They're forged and are made by AppTech who make a lot of OEM high end alloys. The Silver ones on the Golf are replicas as they just have a gap instead of the AMG Logo and are less than a quarter of the price of the proper ones.

They're 5 x112 PCD and a staggered fit Fronts 19 x 8 ET 45 & Rears 19 x 9 ET 54 - The replicas tend to be ET45 front and rear... So I think the Fronts would be a good fit but the rears may not fit. The centre bore is bigger too so I guess you'd need to run spigot rings.

They are a great looking and light wheel so if you could get hold of 2 sets of fronts I think it would work... They do come up on ebay occasionally but you may wait a while to get 4 of the fronts unless you want to give Mercedes £700 a wheel....

Edited by nutey
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, nutey said:

@BATVANVRS Not sure if you're still interested or not but the Black Wheels above are the optional wheel fitted on the Edition 507 C63. I had one before the current VRS and it had a set of those originally and I then swapped onto a set of the Diamond cut ones instead. They're forged and are made by AppTech who make a lot of OEM high end alloys. The Silver ones on the Golf are replicas as they just have a gap instead of the AMG Logo and are less than a quarter of the price of the proper ones.

They're 5 x112 PCD and a staggered fit Fronts 19 x 8 ET 45 & Rears 19 x 9 ET 54 - The replicas tend to be ET45 front and rear... So I think the Fronts would be a good fit but the rears may not fit. The centre bore is bigger too so I guess you'd need to run spigot rings.

They are a great looking and light wheel so if you could get hold of 2 sets of fronts I think it would work... They do come up on ebay occasionally but you may wait a while to get 4 of the fronts unless you want to give Mercedes £700 a wheel....

Thanks nutey for the sound info B) I would still be interested but as I said above, I really prefer a alloy wheel to go straight on without any adaptors/spigot rings, just I had a vehicle previously that had spigot rings on & always kept getting a vibration, ended up putting back the original alloys which sorted out the vibration & the alloys that were fitted with spigot rings had no buckles etc. Let me stew on it & I'll be in touch, maybe if the price is right.

Edited by BATVANVRS

On 11/10/2018 at 15:19, BATVANVRS said:

Thanks nutey for the sound info B) I would still be interested but as I said above, I really prefer a alloy wheel to go straight on without any adaptors/spigot rings, just I had a vehicle previously that had spigot rings on & always kept getting a vibration, ended up putting back the original alloys which sorted out the vibration & the alloys that were fitted with spigot rings had no buckles etc. Let me stew on it & I'll be in touch, maybe if the price is right.

@BATVANVRSJust seen a review for the Cupra Carbon Edition - these wheels look very similar and would be a direct swap... Who knows how much they might cost though...

https://www.seat.co.uk/about-seat/news-events/cars/leon-st-cupra-carbon-edition.html

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nutey said:

@BATVANVRSJust seen a review for the Cupra Carbon Edition - these wheels look very similar and would be a direct swap... Who knows how much they might cost though...

https://www.seat.co.uk/about-seat/news-events/cars/leon-st-cupra-carbon-edition.html

Likely likely very much :inlove: Thanks nutey :thumbup: