new feature, simply clever ;)

Tried rebooting the head unit several times, no luck.

I changed bit 19 byte 4 in controller 5F, and bit 3 in controller 10 (security access/adaptations/long coding).

I have reverted the changes and park pilot is now working correctly as previously. I think I may have to recheck all my wiring. If there is no input, there may be a loose connection.

I took power and ground from the rear wiper, and connected the video cable as instructed, to the blue connector at the back of the glove box unit. There is no need for any other power connection, is there?

When I did mine a long time back I did the coding first and did not have the camera for a while and I did not get any errors, just a blank screen as I had no video input. Think you may have the coding wrong The only code change I did looking at my notes was 5F Byte 19 Bit 4 was set to 1

so think the change you made to bit 3 in controller 10 is the one causing the problem.

John

When I did mine a long time back I did the coding first and did not have the camera for a while and I did not get any errors, just a blank screen as I had no video input. Think you may have the coding wrong The only code change I did looking at my notes was 5F Byte 19 Bit 4 was set to 1

so think the change you made to bit 3 in controller 10 is the one causing the problem.

John

+1

Code only the 5F module.

I got the same error message when i first tested my camera by joining the wires manually. It would throw that error if the wires lost contact even for a fraction of a second. 

I had to reset the headunit every time to erase the message and keep testing. 

Check the wires again and maybe check that the camera is transmitting video feed.

Success! Two errors then, 1 being possibly the coding. It is now working by just changing module 5F byte 19 bit 4.

There is an option in module 10 > security access (71679 is the code) > coding > byte 3 > reverse camera installed. I don't know if this has any effect, I have left mine unchanged.

Error 2 was a simple one: both positive and negative connections to the rear wiper were not successful as the scotchlock connectors had not penetrated the insulation on the camera wires!

Thanks everyone.

Nice, can you post some pictures and/or video?

I am interested in the camera picture quality and viewing angle.

Edited by aki78

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, guys, I am interested into retrofitting front parking sensors and a rear-view camera. I have read so many things about the rear-view camera that everything in my head is a mess. Could someone please explain shortly about the camera, PLEASE. If somebody has done a front parking sensors upgrade, please share with us :)

P.S. I have rear parking sensors, Amundsen MIB1 unit

Hello, guys, I am interested into retrofitting front parking sensors and a rear-view camera. I have read so many things about the rear-view camera that everything in my head is a mess. Could someone please explain shortly about the camera, PLEASE. If somebody has done a front parking sensors upgrade, please share with us :)

P.S. I have rear parking sensors, Amundsen MIB1 unit

What are your questions exactly regarding the camera?

To retrofit the front OPS system, you'll need something like this: link

• 1 month later...

I can also confirm a sucesfull retrofit of rear-view cam, the one from link in post #188, on a MIBII Bolero. It's a 5TA827566B with washing nozzle, I'm only waiting for the "Y" piece to arrive so I can complete setup and have the washing function.

On my camera-handle there were three wires for the power. Red wire for permanent +12V, black for ground and brown for "reverse" +12V signal (taken from reverse light).

Thanks to everybody who contributed here, at most to @Trust2k.

Poslano z mojega SM-G925F z uporabo Tapatalk

I am about to start installing this camera into my car. Do you have the part details for the Y-Piece so that it can integrate with the washing function.

Yes.

To make it fully OEM'sh, you would need (I pressume):
- 1x 1J0955873D Y-piece
- 3x 5J0955871A pipe connector
- 1x 5J0955659A L-piece
- 1x 1J0955751D tube

So the tube connected to the rear-windshield washing hose connects to Y-piece, next Y piece is divided to rear-windshield washing hose and rearview camera washing hose. To connect it to rear-windshield washing hose you need new shorter piece of tube, 5J0955871A connector and 5J0955659A L-piece. To connect it to rearview camera washing hose you need longer piece of tube and  a pair of 5J0955871A connectors. 

On the other hand... I only used 1J0955873D and a silicone pipe found at local shop that fit tightly and secure to the Y-piece.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes.

To make it fully OEM'sh, you would need (I pressume):
- 1x 1J0955873D Y-piece
- 3x 5J0955871A pipe connector
- 1x 5J0955659A L-piece
- 1x 1J0955751D tube

So the tube connected to the rear-windshield washing hose connects to Y-piece, next Y piece is divided to rear-windshield washing hose and rearview camera washing hose. To connect it to rear-windshield washing hose you need new shorter piece of tube, 5J0955871A connector and 5J0955659A L-piece. To connect it to rearview camera washing hose you need longer piece of tube and  a pair of 5J0955871A connectors. 

On the other hand... I only used 1J0955873D and a silicone pipe found at local shop that fit tightly and secure to the Y-piece.

Perfect. Many Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys!

New to the forum!

I have bought a good used combi octavia 3 from 2014 with amundsen nav and bluetooth (only 29.000 km official skoda car!).

I have update the amundsen firmware to 475 and everything is ok.

I'm tryng to code the camera but i have a problem:

I have 16.8 VAG cable and software, i go 5f then long conding, then select the bit 19 and thick "REAR VIEW CAMERA " it dosen't show the bit as stated in the guide!!

If i click to activate REARVIEW CAMERA i get error ERROR 31: REQUEST OUT OF RANGE

Any idea?

I apologize for the double post,

I STILL NOT A HAVE A CAMERA INSTALLED i was just doing it to see if it will work with my system!

Hi guys!

New to the forum!

I have bought a good used combi octavia 3 from 2014 with amundsen nav and bluetooth (only 29.000 km official skoda car!).

I have 16.8 VAG cable and software, i go 5f then long conding, then select the bit 19 and thick "REAR VIEW CAMERA " it dosen't show the bit as stated in the guide!!

If i click to activate REARVIEW CAMERA i get error ERROR 31: REQUEST OUT OF RANGE

Any idea?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i fixed the problem:

i had to codify tg 10 park assist <> coding 07 <> byte 2

to REARVIEW CAMERA INSTALLED than codify the rearview camera in stg 5f than everything worked well!

I've done a test whit a camera and it works great!! I still waiting for the right one to come to finish the install.

I0ve bought a license plate light camera i'll do the work as soon as i get it!

Hi guys!

New to the forum!

Any idea?

• Thanks 1

Nice projects guys  :clap:

I have finished today the Side Assist Plus in the Octavia, it works very nice =)

I must only integrated the LEDs in the mirrors.

I'm very interested in this.

Can you share the product numbers?

Would this fit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-Golf-7-Steuergerat-Totwinkelassistent-Side-Assist-Slave-5Q0907685A-42755-/152163239009?hash=item236da2c461:g:bNoAAOSw7s5Xg0ql

Aftermarket reversing camera reloaded. :rofl:

I was kind of disappointed with my previously fitted camera as the viewing angle was awful.

After some searching I found the same camera from the same AliExpress seller which was a bit funny.

New feedbacks were promising so I ordered it again this time with no guide lines (useless IMO).

Fitting was easy as the connectors and the voltage regulator were compatible.

The most time consuming part was (again) positioning the camera: I used some toothpicks as before.

Camera fixing srew is still useless: when you start tightening your precisely adjusted camera starts rotating. :thumbdown:

After a few attempts I gave it up and used 5 minute epoxy (again) to fix the camera in my desired position.

Yep I paid double price but finally I am satisfied, viewing angle is great. :dance:

Some videos:

- installed camera looks like this (I added an extra rubber washer against water getting in)

- old and new camera viewing angle (for comparison) wood shed-rear bumper distance was about 2.5 m)

- new camera in action: video1   video2   video3

- night vision is also perfect (my bright reversing LEDs and license plate LEDs are very useful :thumbup:)

I needed some time to get used to the fisheye effect...but it's ok now.

Camera picture quality is much better in real life.

Edited by aki78

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out the cabling for a highline 5TA827566E. It has the standard 2 pin Video connection that goes into the blue plug in back of the glove box. It has 4 other cables that i assume are power related.

There is a orange, black, red and brown cable.  I have all cables routed to the front at the moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 months later...