New focus rs - looks a bit pants imho...

Exeterj

Skoda Octavia Blackline trade in values if low has nothing to do with VW Emissions in the past month have they,?

they were depreciating just like other Skoda & VWG vehicles early in September.

They go out of Manufacturers Warranty and out of favour.

Dropped from £10300 to £8900 in a few weeks........and all garages that are non-VW group are VERY scared to put a value on our cars now. It's happening whether you like it or not.

It is happening because the 65 Plates came out and people can get finance deals on new cars and dealers are sitting with 

over 3 year old cars that even put to auction are getting little money, because even independents do not want them.

The market is getting where is was bound to get to, 

flooded with 3 year old ex lease cars returned to the Used car market.

Here they give the weight as being 1575kg (kerb)

http://caradvice.com.au/390077/2016-ford-focus-rs-pricing-and-specifications

That's interesting George,see the Focus ST in the TG Hatch test weighed in at actual as tested @ 1494 kg.

Golf R in same article was quoted as 1503 kg.

Edited by vrskeith

This was the original I believe,so PM instigator Amanda.

Sorry I'm on the road today so only scanned the Magazines,didn't see your entry on here.

Edited by vrskeith

I certainly do not think the 2016 Ford Focus 'looks pants',  but the rear spoiler can probably go for many UK drivers 

300 days of the year usage if just driving on the road.

It is a cracker in the looks department compared to the offering from Honda that looks like Bloomers IMO.

• Like 1

Interesting,

http://www.evo.co.uk/ford/focus-rs/16897/ford-focus-rs-first-impressions-will-it-power-oversteer

So the press cars being made available for the real seat of the pants experience and feedback in Jan 2016.

Sounds like the initial customer ordered batch of cars will be delivered for March 2016

Yeah my mate has just specced his RS, said delivery would probably be in March or April

When did he put his deposit down, as BossFox is quoting about October 2016 delivery for his, I see to recall.

Other Articles say 1,575 kg,

a 2015 Audi RS3 is given as 1,520 kg (edit)

& a A45 4matic AMG is 1,555 kg, (a Golf R Estate is given as 1,574kg kerb weight)

they are after all just Mega Hatches, not Track cars.

Sometimes people will want the fuel tank full and passengers and luggage in

and they might well be actually 1,800-1,900 kg or so.

Other Articles say 1,575 kg,

a 2015 Audi RS3 is given as 1,490 kg

& a A45 4matic AMG is 1,555 kg,  they are after all just Mega Hatches, not Track cars.

Sometimes people will want the fuel tank full and passengers and luggage in

and they might well be actually 1,800-1,900 kg or so.

Does the RS HAVE A SPARE,JACK ETC,AS STANDARD?

Or just a repair kit only.

Is this one of the areas for weight saving

Edited by vrskeith

IT WAS THE POSSIBLE ACCIDENTAL USE OF CAPITALS THAT SEEMED A LITLE ODD TO ME

THANK YOU FOR CLARIFIYING THAT A SPARE WHEEL IS A GOOD IDEA THOUGH

WEIGHT SAVING AS WELL.LOL

I thought so. Capitals weigh more :)

Funnily enough just got a space saver this afternoon for my Vitara :D Now have goo and a tyre. Super ready for a puncture

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2811822/Is-end-road-spare-tyre-boot-Nine-ten-new-cars-sold-without-size-wheel.html

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-2016-ford-focus-rs/

Edited by vrskeith

I think it looks great myself. My nephew had a Mk1 Focus RS pushing 380BHP and I was in with him when it ate a considerably more expensive maserati. Then, he had a Mk 2.5 RS running over 420 BHP that we went around oulton park in and that felt as quick as a 5 litre AMG Merc I've been in.

If the new one is even a quarter as impressive as those - and it should be with AWD - I'm sure it'll be an easy sell for Ford.

As to rusting, all cars do.

Sent from my XT1039

Edited by briscaF1