New focus rs - looks a bit pants imho...

Exeterj

I guess they are lucky it's the best drivers car by a country mile in it's segment :) I still hope that the new 5 cylinder Audi engine will eventually make it's way into the RS3 and Audi sort out the handing :) I think I read the engine is around 25kg lighter than the current one.

Lady Elanore

Need more sleeps

•FREEDOM

•PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

• 21,047 posts

•Car:the more the merrier

Posted Yesterday, 13:43

It sounds like at long last we have a car to displace the mighty Fabia 2.0 petrol :)

It's good to see that after all the naysayers who live their lives through nothing more than magazine articles, that in the real world, the brakes are up to the job :thumbup:

I've never really liked Haldex cars, so the fact that Ford can make such a superb transmission at a reasonable cost, gives me hope that I'll be able to afford a mega 4x4  hatch/saloon one day :):)

•Like This

Amanda

"I like a wide selection of Spanish appetisers"

Sent using Tapastalk

I guess until people have actually individually driven all the latest Hyper Hatches, in all conditions ,roads, tracks , surfaces and family use, then an opinion will be affected by what you have read by virtue of Car mag Journos(links or no links) or by reading owners initial and over the  longer - term opinion ,which of course ,as with every owner will have a degrees  of bias.

Edited by vrskeith

Lady Elanore

Need more sleeps

•FREEDOM

•PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

• 21,047 posts

•Car:the more the merrier

Posted Yesterday, 13:43

It sounds like at long last we have a car to displace the mighty Fabia 2.0 petrol :)

It's good to see that after all the naysayers who live their lives through nothing more than magazine articles, that in the real world, the brakes are up to the job :thumbup:

I've never really liked Haldex cars, so the fact that Ford can make such a superb transmission at a reasonable cost, gives me hope that I'll be able to afford a mega 4x4  hatch/saloon one day :):)

•Like This

Amanda

"I like a wide selection of Spanish appetisers"

Sent using Tapastalk

I guess until people have actually individually driven all the latest Hyper Hatches, in all conditions ,roads, tracks , surfaces and family use, then an opinion will be affected by what you have read by virtue of Car mag Journos(links or no links) or by reading owners initial and over the  longer - term opinion ,which of course ,as with every owner will have a degrees  of bias.

Do you ever actually bother to read your own posts? Have a look above, does it look right to you?

You yourself recently in one of your rare posts where you express an opinion and don't post a link, said something to the effect of 'over excited journalists' in dismissing their opinion.  I like most people read articles on line and also, believe it or not, actually buy the magazines to read at my leisure. I then form an opinion based on the jorno's words, possibly a friend or colleagues thoughts on the matter and my own experiences. I might speculate on what I think on a subject and proffer it up for debate or flaming on here. Try it, save the cut and paste indolence for the Golf R thread perhaps? You need to face it Keith, the Focus RS has knocked the Golf R into the middle of next week.

Do you ever actually bother to read your own posts? Have a look above, does it look right to you?

You yourself recently in one of your rare posts where you express an opinion and don't post a link, said something to the effect of 'over excited journalists' in dismissing their opinion.  I like most people read articles on line and also, believe it or not, actually buy the magazines to read at my leisure. I then form an opinion based on the jorno's words, possibly a friend or colleagues thoughts on the matter and my own experiences. I might speculate on what I think on a subject and proffer it up for debate or flaming on here. Try it, save the cut and paste indolence for the Golf R thread perhaps? You need to face it Keith, the Focus RS has knocked the Golf R into the middle of next week.

I'm going to cry now, we've bought (actually bought with our own money, we must be mad........) the wrong car. :sweat:

We can only console ourselves with the knowledge that Ford don't offer an estate version or a twin-clutch transmission.

Maybe if us Ford Pensioners were ever given Privilege discounts on an RS we might be tempted & the year long waiting list might just be long enough for us to relearn our three pedal driving skills & discard some suitcases............   :sun:

DC

• Like 1

I'm going to cry now, we've bought (actually bought with our own money, we must be mad........) the wrong car. :sweat:

We can only console ourselves with the knowledge that Ford don't offer an estate version or a twin-clutch transmission.

Maybe if us Ford Pensioners were ever given Privilege discounts on an RS we might be tempted & the year long waiting list might just be long enough for us to relearn our three pedal driving skills & discard some suitcases............   :sun:

DC

You can come and join us Baby Beemers who are also crying :)

DC

Guess it depends on what you want from your Hot Hatch ,Estate or Hyper Hatch.

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/hot-hatch/hot-hatch-shootout-10-contenders-become-six-track-battle

Apology for the historic link.

Edited by vrskeith

Amanda, you need to understand that nothing will displace the Golf R, ever.....

....until Keith buys one

:)

Apologies, I have no links to post

• Like 4

Guess it depends on what you want from your Hot Hatch ,Estate or Hyper Hatch.

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/hot-hatch/hot-hatch-shootout-10-contenders-become-six-track-battle

Apology for the historic link.

We wanted a nice, sensible, practical medium-sized estate with hint of Jekyll & Hyde in it's DNA.

A few years ago, a succession of V6 Mondeo Estates filled that role quite well, but something a little smaller with 2 pedals & better economy is desirable.

A Golf GTi wagon would have been our 1st choice, but VW won't sell it, SWMBO doesn't like the Octy 3 enough to buy one, a Leon ST is too small inside & she doesn't like the Focus ST.

So, an R estate was the only other choice, AFAIK.

DC 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love "looking ordinary" !

SWMBO's youngest (a 39 year old teenager...) said "A Golf Estate, that has no street cred at all, you should have kept your Octy vRS."

It was mentioned that said estate carried "R" badges, but he has no idea what that means! 

We waved goodbye to him as he drove away in his noisy RX8, & just smiled at his lack of knowledge...

Two old farts in a sport-wagon, it's fun to be old & carefree!

DC

• Like 2

SWMBO's youngest (a 39 year old teenager...) said "A Golf Estate, that has no street cred at all, you should have kept your Octy vRS."

It was mentioned that said estate carried "R" badges, but he has no idea what that means!

We waved goodbye to him as he drove away in his noisy RX8, & just smiled at his lack of knowledge...

DC

Nice ones George and David.

DC

Sorry David a missed opportunity, you should have blasted him around the country lanes in the R Estate. Then given him a bit of Launch Control. Then it would have been RESPECT old man !

Sorry David a missed opportunity, you should have blasted him around the country lanes in the R Estate. Then given him a bit of Launch Control. Then it would have been RESPECT old man !

Quite probable Keith, but a real waste of time & petrol....

He was already upset that we'd taken him & girl-friend out to lunch in the Superb, which I had driven in chauffeur mode, as one does when carrying passengers.

He's peeved that the EOS & his mum's old vRS could walk-over his old Mazda, & refuses to discuss fuel consumption at all, for some reason.

The kid is really a 39 year old teenager.

DC

Owners feedback on his RS with everyday issues and critique in Spanish town and countryside driving with stunning scenery. From day one.

Hope the links are informative for the everyday user /owners and not just track people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d

Owners feedback on his RS with everyday issues and critique in Spanish town and countryside driving with stunning scenery. From day one.

Hope the links are informative for the everyday user /owners and not just track people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d

Owner now undertaking a fuel consumption test, trying to drive at speed limit. Having previously complained of high consumption or a heavy and over enthusiastic right foot.

You need to be a total fruit and nut job to buy a Ford Focus RS with a 2.3 Ecoboost engine and then go looking for good fuel economy.

Filling up with 95 ron as well when there is 98 available.

Edited by GoneOffSKi
  • Like 1

If you don't want to wait for 12 months plus, then they are available but at a Price of course.

Most colours and specs from here.

Ford Focus RS (2016)

£38,999

Edited by john999boy
Removed the rubbish and updated to a proper hyperlink.

Quite probable Keith, but a real waste of time & petrol....

He was already upset that we'd taken him & girl-friend out to lunch in the Superb, which I had driven in chauffeur mode, as one does when carrying passengers.

He's peeved that the EOS & his mum's old vRS could walk-over his old Mazda, & refuses to discuss fuel consumption at all, for some reason.

The kid is really a 39 year old teenager.

DC

Should've asked him about oil consumption as well, I think it matches the fuel consumption on the RX8?   :D

If you don't want to wait for 12 months plus, then they are available but at a Price of course.

Most colours and specs from here.

Ford Focus RS (2016)

£38,999

RS's aside - there are some very nice cars for sale on that site!  :clap:

RS's aside - there are some very nice cars for sale on that site!  :clap:

So the RS mentioned #344 previously £38990 has reduced to £ 37999 in a week. (plus finance costs) 

Feeza .es takes his RS up into the Spanish ​mountains, near his home, for an early morning blast and a sort of explanation of the Driving

Modes whilst doing so.