Moments of joy in your day today

mender

On 20/07/2019 at 08:48, Auric Goldfinger said:

Only 2 landed on the moon, one stopped in the orbiter 

True; I think that makes Michael Collins braver, since he became the loneliest man in recorded history by doing so.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

True; I think that makes Michael Collins braver, since he became the loneliest man in recorded history by doing so.

I think I recall him saying he enjoyed his time in the orbiter. But must have been hard to get so close and not be on the surface

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Must be like a child being shown a chest full of toys and then the adult delivers the killer line "You will never get to play with them".:sadsmile:

That's exactly what Boris is going through except he's being told it's Christmas on Wednesday.

• Like 1

Sky news NOT trying to claim Shane Lowry as being British.... makes a change, given they once tried to add Katie Taylor's Olympic medals to the British total.. among a loooooong list of others..

Briskoda is very unpredictable. Saturday I pick up 10 points which was nice but on Sunday it was like the UK entrant's score in Eurovision NIL points. So yesterday not expecting much after the quiet Sunday and BOOM 22 points which I think is a record for me.:clap:

On 22/07/2019 at 10:51, shyVRS245 said:

Or similar to Mr Corbyn never being PM.:crying:

I read that India are planning a moon shot. Any chance of sending Corbyn up with it? 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, moley said:

I read that India are planning a moon shot. Any chance of sending Corbyn up with it? 

Unfortunately he would probably end up by upsetting the Clangers (showing my age).:biggrin:One way ticket would be better.:dance:

Edited by shyVRS245
missind words
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Unfortunately he would probably end up by upsetting the Clangers (showing my age).:biggrin:One way ticket would be better.:dance:

The clangers are smarter than Corbyn. 

• Haha 1

Should send Boris and Donnie on a colonisation mission... Granny clanger would have them fed to the soup dragon inside 5mins..

Btw, clangers are on Cbeebies every day around 6pm... so no showing of age there!

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

Should send Boris and Donnie on a colonisation mission... Granny clanger would have them fed to the soup dragon inside 5mins..

Btw, clangers are on Cbeebies every day around 6pm... so no showing of age there!

I was waiting for you to post England 42 for 6 wickets against Ireland in the 4 day Test Match. Perhaps it will only take 3 days. Turning out to be a good week for the Irish.:thumbup:

Finally got rid of my rusty tailgate after luckily coming across a silver Fabia that was about to go to the scrappie in the sky 🤗 

And no, I have not swapped my vRS for a HTP Fabia 😝

4A5B08EC-34F0-41DF-B38E-13A3F938D55B.jpeg

D1063826-3675-4546-9C63-7247708EAC29.png

ADE69997-2C23-454C-9F3C-DDCB0512A256.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

The Sun :biggrin: is out today and let's face it the weekend was horrendous. 

Saturday was a bit cloudy and warm, but Sunday was cracking and it was my birthday. I had to go out and fix a machine for a customer on Saturday, so on Sunday we went to Hurst Castle in the new forest. Took the wife's Fabia for the 160 mile round trip at an average 55mpg. Came perilously close to Southampton each way.😁

Very pleasant day out, with about an hour walk to the castle and then a ferry boat ride back to the car park. Lots of visitors at the castle, made you proud to be British in a nice corner of Britain. 

• Like 1