Moments of joy in your day today

mender

4 hours ago, Zlin said:

(Apparently I'm getting 58.5mpg - we'll see.)

Havnt bothered in a while but a couple if yrs ago i tracked swmbo's fueling and on at least 2 tanks it calculated back at 65+mpg.. one tank was 71mpg average... calculated..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mac11irl said:

Havnt bothered in a while but a couple if yrs ago i tracked swmbo's fueling and on at least 2 tanks it calculated back at 65+mpg.. one tank was 71mpg average... calculated..

My wife managed 49mpg in her petrol Karoq the other day which was such a surprise because she has an awful commute I decided to tell her how well  she had done then we had the Flymo incident.:tongueout:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Have to paint the mirrors black now to match the grill.:thinking:

No i prefer them same colour as car just didnt like the chrome surround

Madonna making herself look and sound like an amateur. The wife watched the whole Eurovision program just to see Madonna and was aghast at both the arrangement and performance.

I laughed.

Lost in showbiz springs to mind.

43 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Auric Goldfinger aka the Chairman should be along shortly to suggest a black (shiny) rear spoiler like his old 230.:blush

But shur it has to be shiny black, or itl look like Halfrauds tat :D

aint that right @Auric Goldfinger

Receiving email after email from customers and suppliers after officially announcing that I am to leave after 5 years. Made me feel wanted and that I will be missed, unlike the feeling I get from the company I’m leaving. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, mac11irl said:

little blue-t1t flew out if the bird house we put in a tree :)

some quiet listening and watching, we realised theres baby birdies

Keep going with a nut feeder then; the parents will use it for themselves, and feed insects to the babies, making it easier for them to keep the entire family well-fed.

2 hours ago, KenONeill said:

Keep going with a nut feeder then; the parents will use it for themselves, and feed insects to the babies, making it easier for them to keep the entire family well-fed.

Have a couple of feeders in other trees, though we hadnt restocked it lately. The local avian population seemed quite happy with the free buffet of garden ants :D

going to relocated one of them to a branch alongside the bird house today though, make life easier for them ;)

27 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

Have a couple of feeders in other trees, though we hadnt restocked it lately. The local avian population seemed quite happy with the free buffet of garden ants :D

going to relocated one of them to a branch alongside the bird house today though, make life easier for them ;)

Dont put it too close ,the parent birds wont like other birds near their next box ,hence why they have nested there it must be just right for them ,and they tend to feed mainly catterpillars and soft insects because of the water content 

• Thanks 1

One of my clients who I’ve mentored since she was employee at another client. She always asked questions and followed the advice to become a great manager, then onto starting her own company. Today she accepted a very princely offer on her business. Feeling very proud of her and looking forward to her next venture. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mickvrs220 said:

Dont put it too close ,the parent birds wont like other birds near their next box ,hence why they have nested there it must be just right for them ,and they tend to feed mainly catterpillars and soft insects because of the water content 

We also put a nut feeder up near a nest specially for the adult blue tits but I’ve yet to see them use it.

The ‘moment of joy’ is seeing the birds fly straight in to the narrow nest hole without any slowing down whatsoever.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, john999boy said:

We also put a nut feeder up near a nest specially for the adult blue tits but I’ve yet to see them use it.

The ‘moment of joy’ is seeing the birds fly straight in to the narrow nest hole without any slowing down whatsoever.

They carry some serious speed in entry alright! If i tried that with a similarly scaled hole... id be concussed, or have a broken collar bone :D

2 hours ago, john999boy said:

Well, FWIW I've seen blue tits fly in, go peck at a nut and fly back out faster than I can type this, so maybe you're just not looking at the right time?

I filled one of our mesh feeders with them little protein "bird snack sticks" that look like chopped up noodles one day.

They could fall through the mesh, but they were alright as long as the feeder wasnt shaken.

The starlings figures out that they would fall out, so i watched as 2 starlings held the feeder with their feet and flapped furiously to shake the daylights out of the feeder, while about another dozen of sat on the lawn under it eating what fell out, after a couple of minutes they swapped and 2other shook it..

They emptied it in less than 10mins!

• Like 1