Moments of joy in your day today

mender

nice idea on the breakfast of a Sunday, might be stealing this idea for the summer wen the little lad is a bit bigger and the weather wont blow our toast into the neighbours garden!

• Like 1

nice idea on the breakfast of a Sunday, might be stealing this idea for the summer wen the little lad is a bit bigger and the weather wont blow our toast into the neighbours garden!

We prefer Sunday breakfast to a Sunday roast; less hassle, does not go cold if you take ages once you've had the hot course and you can laze and have fun.

Best time of the week-it came about from really enjoying hotel breakfasts and wanting to replicate it at home with the family every week.

• Like 1

The bird in the hairdressers who took my money had a superb set of chest lamps. 

Really really superb. They were almost worth another £20 just for looking at them.

20 quid for a hair cut!!

Jesus mate, they had to be a good rack for that!!

.............for 20 quid I'd expext a rumage around in these chest lamps and a haircut   ;)  

Out on my 107cc bike in stunning sunshine; Leominster, Bromyard, new MV-Agusta dealer, Worcester, Yamaha dealer, Upton, onto the famous Paul Harker master of all things on two wheels, Malvern, Fromes Hill bike dealer, heart attack breakfast, home

107kmh down Fromes Hill....

Lovely!

Bacon sandwiches with loads of sauce, then slept in the chair in front of the tv

Joyous morning off!

How happy my son looked this morning. He was playing the cbeebies story app on your phone. Each time the 'page' needed to be turned he would hold the phone out to our Spaniel and ask her to turn the page . Blossom would snuffle the phone and invariably the 'page ' would turn.

Sam was delighted his dog was reading with him [emoji2]

• Like 1

Had a call from my daughter at lunchtime, saying she'd had a text from her maths teacher telling her she'd passed her Functional Skills level 2 maths exam. Having left school with poor exam results and little prospect of improvement due to various factors, this is a big step forward for her.

• Like 2

Out doing some gardening this afternoon. Bright sunshine and a slight breeze.

Decided to let the rabbits have a run about while I was doing it. Was great to see them running about in the sun :)

• Like 1

Arriving at the ferry terminal early to be told the high speed catamaran had not left and as there was plenty of room I could get that instead of the old chug chug ferry I was originally booked on, and for no extra charge. Thanks ferry people. 

Got me home several hours earlier than I would have been.

Controlling the pedals of our Ford Ka hire car as my 6yo sat between my knees and steered it/drove it round the miles of empty forest tracks of rural Poland with great enthusiasm.

He was so excited!

Reminded me of doing the same with my Dad in a deserted beach car park in our family Fiat Panda in the mid-80s.

I used to do that with my dads Audi when we were driving down the mile long lane to the farm he worked at. It was fun dodging the potholes!

• Like 1

Poland, the aching beauty of rural forests and lost villages, all done up with ribbons and flowers for Easter.

Fala Aquapark, Lodz; the best waterpark we've been to, having an amazing day with the kids for £16 all in; having a lengthy sauna whilst watching the kids using the slides ecstatically, with all the top tunes on in the background; Paloma Faith for one.

Oh, and starting what will be an amazing evening of food and company (can we possibly follow yesterday's rabbit and stag bigos stew?) with the most amazing beers at 43p/500ml Okocim beer (O-kotch-imm) is brewed by Carlsberg and the green tins are ace, but the black Mocne (Motts-Ne) (strong) are kick-ass and this week are 39p/500ml....!  From straight to singing in 3 tins.  Perfect.

God love Poland, it has problems and faults but can't be beaten for a joyous cheap break....

• Like 1