Moments of joy in your day today

mender

Very jealous of the food ^^^

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We went to the new Hereford Miller and Carter (opp new Odeon) for our anniversary last year and it was pretty poor, but our M&C loving friends persuaded us that the Mailbox one is ace.  They were right!

• Like 1

Went to Miller and Carter (Steak) restaurant in the Mailbox in Birmingham and lived three hours of orgasmic ecstasy;

Few Ice cold Peronis to start

The most amazing homemade style nachos I have ever tried

Bread and olive sharer

Elderflower presse

20oz Rib-eye off the bone with dripping sauce, accompaniments.  The best steak I have ever eaten ever, knocks D-Antonio's fillet off top spot

Bottle of Australian Merlot, a perfect choice as the recommended partner to the rib-eye

Cocktails:

1x AFTER EIGHT-THIRTY Baileys, Crème de Menthe and Crème de Cacao shaken with cream. 

1x VANILLA WHITE RUSSIAN An updated classic: Smirnoff Vanilla Vodka shaken with Tia Maria, milk and cream

1x CHOCOLATE MARTINI The ultimate indulgence: Smirnoff Black Vodka, Baileys and Crème de Cacao, finished with chocolate OLD FASHIONED An absolute classic: Maker’s Mark, 1x GREY GOOSE LE FIZZ Grey Goose Vodka, elderflower, soda, with a twist of lime

2x VELVET ELVIS Jack Daniel’s and Chambord Raspberry Liqueur built and topped with lemonade

1x LONG ISLAND ICE TEA A mix of Bacardi Superior Rum, Smirnoff Black Vodka, Olmeca Tequila, Bombay Sapphire Gin, triple sec and fresh lime, shaken over ice and layered over Pepsi 

Then staggered to the Digbeth Institute with merry wife and mates for:

Postmodern Jukebox; amazing band, amazing night in a small and intimate club, drinking Honey Jack doubles.

Their version of Hozier's "take me to church" with an outstanding female singer was the best music I have heard this year.

Then to the pub.....

Joy this time was found in ace company, magical food, great drinks and an amazing concert.

Back to 10p beans and scavving the reduced section now, then..... :D

I can imagine that being awesome live! Might suggest it to the band I'm playing in... ;)

• Like 1

Woke up this Monday morning,rain pouring down,cold and dark,suddenly the sun appeared in the form of me realising it's the first day of my retirement ,so happy days after all.

• Like 4

Woke up this Monday morning,rain pouring down,cold and dark,suddenly the sun appeared in the form of me realising it's the first day of my retirement ,so happy days after all.

You lucky thing.....!  With my retirement plans I've got about 35 years left to go.....

• Like 1

Both waking up at 10am, organically, no alarm.

Kids happily playing Lego together downstairs.

Makes up for the weeks of 6am starts in ice cold weather...

Woke up this Monday morning,rain pouring down,cold and dark,suddenly the sun appeared in the form of me realising it's the first day of my retirement ,so happy days after all

The sun actually came out down here this morning, so I was happy.  Meant staying dry for my walk in to town. :)

• Like 1

Had my first proper home cooked meal last night by yours truly after 4 weeks of tasteless hospital food :)

I never appreciated just how bland it was until I ate my own.

Take salt and pepper-it is all low salt...!

We went to the new Hereford Miller and Carter (opp new Odeon) for our anniversary last year and it was pretty poor, but our M&C loving friends persuaded us that the Mailbox one is ace.  They were right!

We too went to M&C Hereford for our anniversary, see tripadvisor review published 8th Oct and Mailbox one this week.

We've been there for lunch this week and it was better, good service and the £7.95 fish special was excellent, my rib-eye ordered as medium was very well done though...

The Mailbox is MUCH better, agree-we had the same comments from our friends, so we went as above.

Edited by mender
  • Like 1

We too went to M&C Hereford for our anniversary, see tripadvisor review published 8th Oct and Mailbox one this week.

We've been there for lunch this week and it was better, good service and the £7.95 fish special was excellent, my rib-eye ordered as medium was very well done though...

The Mailbox is MUCH better, agree-we had the same comments from our friends, so we went as above.

May try M&C the next time I'm in.

It didn't happen today, but on Wednesday I got up at quarter to 4, went to work, finished at dinner time and came home to change into new overalls, new wellies, clean hat and had a quick drink, straight back out again, worked the rest of the day till 6 at another farm and got offered the job.  :sun:  Went back to work the day after and had a word with my boss after work and asked him what notice he wanted so I finish in 2 weeks time and start on the 9th. Work the 9th and 10th then get a day off.

• Like 1

Our almost 4 week old little man having a entire night and day from 2100 last night to now being quite happy and settled, feeding without burping half it back up and sleeping for more than 15mins at a time.

Swmbo even managed to bring him for his first walk in the bjggy outside as the weathers picked up enough to not be too cold.

Watch me nynx it.... Wont get to sleep til 7am now!!!

• Like 1

being told by health visitor that, despite being windy and mildly refluxy, and having been told for 5 days in the hospital we werent feeding him enough, that our little man (4weeks yesterday) is now 7lb 11, upp from 6lb 2 @ 7 days, and an original birth weight of 6lb 6oz.

it feels like a lovely 2 finger salute to the pains in the arse up the maternity ward!!

being told by health visitor that, despite being windy and mildly refluxy, and having been told for 5 days in the hospital we werent feeding him enough, that our little man (4weeks yesterday) is now 7lb 11, upp from 6lb 2 @ 7 days, and an original birth weight of 6lb 6oz.

it feels like a lovely 2 finger salute to the pains in the arse up the maternity ward!!

Babies always lose weight just after birth, that's normal.

If you're bottle feeting try Aptamil, our little 'un couldn' tolerate anything else and had to move onto the "Comfort" version quite early.