Moments of joy in your day today

mender

Driving a base model 2003 Ford Ka, the best one with the later 70PS Duratec engine and the higher ratio (non-AC) gearbox, came in as p-ex.

What a joyous little thing to spend time in, lovely to drive and lots of little cabin details to amuse you.  Best of all it is a lovely bright blue with the grey bumpers which really suits it.

When they started painting the bumpers, the design was ruined, as it is they are a design classic.

Just taken the kids to the skate park in it and we had a right laugh throwing it around islands and bends-it reminds me of the cars that I had when I was first driving; light, simple, full of feel and a feeling of youthful freedom.

Driving a base model 2003 Ford Ka, the best one with the later 70PS Duratec engine and the higher ratio (non-AC) gearbox, came in as p-ex.

What a joyous little thing to spend time in, lovely to drive and lots of little cabin details to amuse you. Best of all it is a lovely bright blue with the grey bumpers which really suits it.

When they started painting the bumpers, the design was ruined, as it is they are a design classic.

Just taken the kids to the skate park in it and we had a right laugh throwing it around islands and bends-it reminds me of the cars that I had when I was first driving; light, simple, full of feel and a feeling of youthful freedom.

Didnt know they did a higher ratio box

We had an early one (think it was 60hp?) and it was alright getting up to speed, but by even 60mph it was revving abit much haha.

Then it rusted in the usual places, filler cap etc, failed MOT on steering rack (only had 50k odd miles on it) so it was scrapped.

Didnt know they did a higher ratio box

We had an early one (think it was 60hp?) and it was alright getting up to speed, but by even 60mph it was revving abit much haha.

Then it rusted in the usual places, filler cap etc, failed MOT on steering rack (only had 50k odd miles on it) so it was scrapped.

Yep, the early Endura-E was 60PS. from 2003 the Duratec 70PS unit was introduced, with the air-con equipped versions getting lower ratios than the air-con versions.

This one has a tiny bubble around the fuel filler, a little around the rear wiper, but good sills, a new steering rack and only 36k miles.  It now looks brand new after a machine polish, new wheel trims and a deep valet, so it is going up at £1150 next weekend when the new V5 appears.

Edited by mender

The "tssssccch" sound as the crown cap of the large Staropramen bottle yielded to the opener on my Swiss Army knife. Sitting in the garden with the dog on my lap after the vacuuming of the house is all finished. :)

Yep, the early Endura-E was 60PS. from 2003 the Duratec 70PS unit was introduced, with the air-con equipped versions getting lower ratios than the air-con versions.

This one has a tiny bubble around the fuel filler, a little around the rear wiper, but good sills, a new steering rack and only 36k miles. It now looks brand new after a machine polish, new wheel trims and a deep valet, so it is going up at £1150 next weekend when the new V5 appears.

Sounds a good one that mate.

Perfect first car for somebody (:

Receiving an invite to Sunday lunch at Pam's eldest Daughter's with her Husband and the delightful Farrah, (20 months old and as pleasant a little girl as the day is long...

Pam's three girls lost their Dad three years ago, and are now trying so hard to accept me into their Mum's life... We are both finding some happiness again at last...

Alan ... :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A Cadbury's Double Decker when I was craving one...

Four for a quid in Morrisons this week.

Bargain, so much joy for 25p a shot.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm  :p

• Like 1

Over at the hospital - seeing my Dad being able to get up out of bed without assistance, first time in a while - still a struggle though :-s

Late afternoon coffee at the MGM Grand. Amazing views. And found out my daughter got a new job so she can move 100 miles to be with her boy.

Edited by camelspyyder

My 4month old just after slurping down a 5oz bottle of cow milk protein and lactose free neocate. Biggest feed hes had without tears (mine, swmbos, or his) since being advised to put him on it due to feeding issues. Only started the change on friday but it feels like a month ago he would only barely take 2oz in a hour... long weekend be damned its been a long month (may..)

• Like 2

Gathered up all the 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p and 20p coins I have and took them into the bank, got £21.97 for them.

New kitchen going in at home so emptied the £££ coin jar, raided all the coin stashes etc. and took 'em to the bank. Got neck end of £600 for them. Paid for 2/3rds of the appliances nearly.

• Like 1

New kitchen going in at home so emptied the £££ coin jar, raided all the coin stashes etc. and took 'em to the bank. Got neck end of £600 for them. Paid for 2/3rds of the appliances nearly.

That's great. Just to think, some people just chuck their pennies on the floor and think ah it's only a penny, but when you add it all together it comes to more than you would think. My dad taxed his Jetta with £2 coins last year. and stil had £60 left over.

A Cadbury's Double Decker when I was craving one...

Four for a quid in Morrisons this week.

Bargain, so much joy for 25p a shot.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm  :p

Do you not find that the driving seat in them is a bit of a squeeze..........

• Like 1

between 6 and 7:30 ish. I got home to Harrywest at 8:45 Only "hold up" was a grey haired gentleman in a silver Avensis that was understeering like a canal barge. He almost lost it completely at one point in his sporting enthusiasm! The Beulah stretch is mad, but most of the bends and crests are unsighted so you can't actually drive that fast. It would be hilarious in a 2CV.

between 6 and 7:30 ish. I got home to Harrywest at 8:45 Only "hold up" was a grey haired gentleman in a silver Avensis that was understeering like a canal barge. He almost lost it completely at one point in his sporting enthusiasm! The Beulah stretch is mad, but most of the bends and crests are unsighted so you can't actually drive that fast. It would be hilarious in a 2CV.

Bit later than I was across the stretch.

That's great. Just to think, some people just chuck their pennies on the floor and think ah it's only a penny, but when you add it all together it comes to more than you would think. My dad taxed his Jetta with £2 coins last year. and stil had £60 left over.

Too right mate.

Its well worth having a jar.

I chuck £1's and under in every evening. I dont really miss a £1, let alone the smaller coins in day to day life, but to tot up when the jar gets full it seems like free money hsha.

I sorted half my jar again last night. Just the £1's and 20p's. Got £45 already.

Well happy with that haha.

• Like 1

Do you not find that the driving seat in them is a bit of a squeeze..........

Joking apart, by eating too many of these my car is now a bit of a squeeze!