230 Bhp Vrs

You used to get some nice European Commercial versions of passenger vehicles that never were imported to the UK. Has that stopped now?

The vast majority of that stuff is done in country, your X5 or RR Sport for example comes in as a fully specced passenger vehicle and then it has the back seats ripped out and a flat floor welded into place, new rear carpet and only then is it VRT'd which depending on the vehicle could be just €50 rather than the 20-30K on the passenger version. So this makes prestige commercial vehicles attractive here vs the cost of the passenger vehicle, I'm not sure how the tax rates work for this in the UK but I guess its probably not as good value.

Skoda must've spent time looking at a vrs 280/300, but with the Golf R and leon cupra and with estate versions of both, the VAG group is pretty well served in this respect and the number of people who stubbornly wont buy a cupra or think an R is too expensive dont make the proposistion financially viable :(

Which is a real shame - but i did see the golf R estate on carfile for £29k, so in reality, more like £31k at least - thats pretty dam good

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Think this all down to personal preference. For me, subtle little differences, those that people who have done their homework will notice count more than some "in your face" loud shouty mods. But then others will want to see more obvious distinguishing additions. I think it looks great. Def go along with maybe a 4motion drivetrain though. That would have made for a serious machine.

Think it's safe to say we can bury this thread as this car isn't going to land here in the UK by the looks of it. Skoda still saying they don't know when or even if it will, sounds like delaying tactics.

I agree, I think it's a dead duck in the UK.

It's gone from the pricing page on the SUK website.

No information about it anywhere from SUK and they don't appear to know what is actually happening with it, whether it is coming to the UK at all.

I've given up on it and turned back to the Superb.

Perhaps SUK have realised it isn't that good a deal after all and the market is somewhat limited.

I agree, I think it's a dead duck in the UK.

It's gone from the pricing page on the SUK website.

No information about it anywhere from SUK and they don't appear to know what is actually happening with it, whether it is coming to the UK at all.

I've given up on it and turned back to the Superb.

Perhaps SUK have realised it isn't that good a deal after all and the market is somewhat limited.

I hope this is not the case and they are just waiting to be clear of the superb launch

Is that ride height standard? Looks very nice.

Thank you! Yes it's standard, tyres are 225/35 "19. Tyres could be even 225/40, I think it would give little bit more confort. Ride is a bit harder compared to 2014 RS TSI. Exhaust sounds so much better than regular RS.

Got a call to say our vrs tdi is here. That's got 19 inch wheels also. I was concerned about the quality of the ride. Now you have made me more on edge lol

Ran 19's on my mk2FL. Ride did not seem harsher over the standard 18's

Was the elec seat standard or an option?

Electric seats are standard in the 230 vrs model here in Finland.

Got a call to say our vrs tdi is here. That's got 19 inch wheels also. I was concerned about the quality of the ride. Now you have made me more on edge lol

No need to worry. :) Ride is good but firm. Actually with these 19" alloys car rides better over cobblestones than the old rs 2014 with 18" wheels.

£28k !!!! Even with leather seats as standard that seems high. Columbus only a £245 option?

With same options which are in my RS 230 the price is 4000€ more in UK!!! How's that possible?

And it's missing the auxiliry heater.

Edited by Devl

Are you saying its on the UK configurator then?

Yes, only listed as an engine option though that adds black pack and 19" extremes to the exterior.  Only difference to the standard vRS that I can see is the black exhaust trims.  Looks good though - I wonder if they could be dealer fitted to a standard one?

Just noticed there's only four colour choices too!

Edited by MattSP
  • Like 1

Yes, only listed as an engine option though that adds black pack and 19" extremes to the exterior.  Only difference to the standard vRS that I can see is the black exhaust trims.  Looks good though - I wonder if they could be dealer fitted to a standard one?

Just noticed there's only four colour choices too!

And a £3,275 premium over the standard................................