Recently Cleaned Thread

Coops

2 hours ago, V6TDI said:

Mrs V6TDI doesn't understand how a 'quick' wash can take two hours :notme: :nod:

Still scrubbing up okay after three and a half years.

Gaz

IMG_1424.jpg

2 hrs? Wow, that is a quick wash ;):biggrin:.  Nice work :clap:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So today I was tasked with cleaning my father in laws Toyota Yaris. Unfortunately he doesn't look after his car like I do and had my work cut out. 

He pretty much uses the door buckets as an ash tray and the drink holders and the floor and door sills... You get the idea. Cleaning the car is almost an alien concept to him. 

I cleared out all the litter and started with vacuuming, I used various interior cleaners throughout and upholstery cleaner. 

Inside was definitely worse than outside although the exterior hadn't seen shampoo and water (other than rain in months. The paintwork was quite dirty, road salt/grit, bird droppings, tar spots etc... 

It got a good clean wirh with pH neutral shampoo, removed the tar spots. Then dried off and applied a coat of paint sealant. After the paint sealant was done I applied a good detailing spray. 

hvsRSBW.jpgJHD4kCe.jpgo1UNAKB.jpgmzGSE6c.jpgtpg34vv.jpgIqhhzWO.jpgs3PXUvD.jpg

• Like 4

I thought I'd take advantage of the decent weather (it was 22°c in the shade!) and do my Winter/Summer Exterior Deep Clean today. The Interior was done yesterday!

Apart from a few light scratches picked up over the winter, she scrubs not too bad for 9yo and 110k. 

20190422_174344.jpg

So here in Germany there are strict rules about washing your car. You're not allowed to just wash it on your drive. It's to do with chemicals etc getting into the ground water.

So I've started taking my wash mitt, shampoo, wheel cleaner etc etc to work and doing it in the big wash bay using the hose since there is proper drainage there.

I get funny looks from my colleagues who just use the dirty brush used for the vans on their cars!!!

IMG_20190403_175240_2.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cakemonster said:

Snowfoam, two bucket wash, Bilt Hamber panel cleaner and finished with Fusso Dark 

20190429_141233.jpg

Fab reflections.

Alloys look the biz too. I do love silver ones...hate these black painted things...makes the car look as though its just driven through an oil slick!.

Well Done.

Edited by mandp
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mandp said:

Fab reflections.

Alloys look the biz too. I do love silver ones...hate these black painted things...makes the car look as though its just driven through an oil slick!.

Well Done.

Cheers:thumbup:, good job you can't see it in the flesh and the bits I've missed :D :crying: :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after my Superb just turned one year old and its a nice day i thought i would re-apply some bilt hamber double speed wax as it was coming up on 10 months since i last gave it a coat of this. Well pleased with the result, car looks great, just a few more stone chips and scratches noticed since i last did it! 

0306F925-FE16-4DCC-92CE-AADFF0E1A9A4.jpeg

0C862494-5406-48AF-8360-1EF518DD5092.jpeg

96D7644A-2055-4F50-84E6-87356BE55BE6.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mr Grump said:

sorry I'll refrain from posting for a bit now !

Keep 'em coming - great motivation for the rest of us:)

On a slightly different note, gave my interior a spring clean last week (I put the pictures on the Superb section so sorry for the repeat). Autoglym leather kit (brilliant), Autoglym vinyl and rubber care (ok but not really convinced - any better interior trim treatments out there?) and Turtlewax carpet cleaner (useless, especially on spots - definitely looking for recommendations on dry / spray carpet cleaners).

Happy with the results overall though.

image.png.0deea044053d4d63def33f4490a3781e.png

image.png.9400ff48d3f77d1e07fb5b060c4b3450.png

image.png.89ae35c0f73577b7d48bac5d351d4ce8.png

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Keep 'em coming - great motivation for the rest of us:)

On a slightly different note, gave my interior a spring clean last week (I put the pictures on the Superb section so sorry for the repeat). Autoglym leather kit (brilliant), Autoglym vinyl and rubber care (ok but not really convinced - any better interior trim treatments out there?

Happy with the results overall though

Not sure about better, but for leather I use Glyptone leather conditioner on the solid parts, and Autobrite Cleanse on the perforated sections.

The Glyptone gives it back that leather smell but is a creamy texture, hence I avoid it getting in the perforations,, and the Autobrite seems to give it a protection, making it an easy wipe clean surface.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

@BriskodaJeff I’ve got to say I’m blown away by how well it’s come up. The guy (Karl Allen) spent the thick end of 10 hours on the car, most of which time was using a machine polished on the car. It looked Ok to me beforehand but I can see the difference. He has much more patience than me and an incredible eye for detail. Probably helps that he’s a bit of a Skoda enthusiast himself (although currently he’s not got one).

Have arranged for Swmbo car to have the same treatment in a couple of months - we had difficulties finding a day when he and we were both free all day!

• Like 2

Very nice. Bit surprised at the 'soft paint' comment from the detailer though. VAG paint is usually anything but!

Do you know what single stage product and pad combo were used, out of interest?

@Wardy - I don’t know the answer re machine and what he used, Ive sent him a message and will let you know when I hear back.

he was also surprised about the soft paint, he usually finds VAG paint in rock hard . In fact he told me about how much work was involved recently on a red (solid colour) Audi which was a real b@gger apparently.

• Like 2

Ok @Wardy I’ve heard back. The guys response is

“Hi Martin! 👍

The products used to polish the paint were the Medium Orange SPTA 5" polishing pad and the yellow Rupes 3" polishing pad with Sonax 0406 polish.

Feel free to post it on the forum buddy. 😁

hope this helps! 

• Like 2

On 12/06/2019 at 15:42, FatWolfie said:

I don’t know the answer re machine and what he used, Ive sent him a message and will let you know when I hear back.

he was also surprised about the soft paint, he usually finds VAG paint in rock hard . In fact he told me about how much work was involved recently on a red (solid colour) Audi which was a real b@gger apparently.

I have to agree - my 18-plate VW has the softest VAG paint i've experienced.

Nothing like the rock hard finish on the old .:R36 Passat - thats for sure.

Regardless - the Superb is looking awesome.... top job & a fantastic colour :thumbup:

Edited by samuir1974
  • Like 2