Moto GP 2015

camelspyyder

Did you see the Marquez save though Camel?  Lightning quick reactions.  Wet doesn't really cover it though does it?  It was torrential and I wouldn't want to be out in it let alone at those speeds.  Just caught site of the latest and Cal is second fastest.  Looking forward to see how this one goes.

Regards Chris

The weather forecast is getting worse through he weekend with thunderstorms Sunday.

I dont really fancy the 20 hour round trip across Texas if it could get rained off.

Maybe I'll wait for the British GP when I get home.

Without any slipstream, and .002 of a second shy of a full second taken from the lap record. (sounds weird but you know what I mean!)

• Like 1

That final lap of Marquez was a stunner.  It looked like he was going to miss out on getting a lap which at the rate they were getting the fastest time in would have put him on row 3 but he just goes out and nails it on his second bike.  Looks like Bradley had bad luck again but hopefully his pace will be on it in the race.  It will be a good one if the times are anything to go by and then there is the weather!

Would be interesting to find out what they have done to get the Ducati to turn in from speed without chucking its rider into the scenery.

The engine has been repositioned to give better balance and stop the front end washing out.  Sounds an easy fix but it's not.  

So excited about this evening's racing. Heading home to stick on the website soon. What's the weather doing at the moment?

Marquez's lap was incredible. Let's see if he can launch it this time though!

I missed it,

The Fox Sports (USA) coverage was delayed by an hour, their commentary team is rubbish and they have ad-breaks, so I binned Moto3 and I'm now streaming BT Sports 2 live (free & gratis) and watching Moto 2 listening to Julian and Keith. :)

Edited by camelspyyder

Faster than you think - it's 1.2 km   (.75miles)

Yes realised that while I was watching the Moto 3.  That is one hell of a straight.

Matt ITV4 tomorrow night at 8 Freeview 24

Suzuki fastest in FP1

Suzuki fastest in FP2

WTF?

EsA looked a real talent the last 2 years on a customer bike - he sure is quick on the new works bike.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

Know what you mean Camel but in  FP1 a lot of riders didn't  bother because the track was so bad.  Marquez 10th!  Bradley Smith only did a couple of laps and I think the deal was why waste a good tyre that you can use on a cleaned up track later.  It is nice to see the Suzuki doing well and I hope they have got over their engine failures (I see Ducati had one) and without a doubt Aleix has talent as we saw last year when he was top CRT rider most races and faster than some satellite teams in some.

Lets see what today brings and hopefully the track will have cleaned up a bit because they were quite well off the pace yesterday.  Well apart from Danny Kent who set a new lap record.  Alex Lowes looks like he is on it as well.

I was explaining to my lad just how big Argentina is to show how far the track is from the Capital BA.

Argentina has a land area similar to Western Europe with a population similar to Spain.

Did anyone see the promotional video they did, obliged to show I suppose, amazing scenery.

Shame us Brits are so worried about the reaction of going there it looks like an amazing place to visit/spend a summer during our winter.    

Chriswright03, on 18 Apr 2015 - 08:13, said:Chriswright03, on 18 Apr 2015 - 08:13, said:

Know what you mean Camel but in  FP1 a lot of riders didn't  bother because the track was so bad.  Marquez 10th!  Bradley Smith only did a couple of laps and I think the deal was why waste a good tyre that you can use on a cleaned up track later.  It is nice to see the Suzuki doing well and I hope they have got over their engine failures (I see Ducati had one) and without a doubt Aleix has talent as we saw last year when he was top CRT rider most races and faster than some satellite teams in some.

Lets see what today brings and hopefully the track will have cleaned up a bit because they were quite well off the pace yesterday.  Well apart from Danny Kent who set a new lap record.  Alex Lowes looks like he is on it as well.

Suzuki  P2 in qually - like some ice cream with your humble pie Chris?   ;)

Anyway, welcome back Suzuki - I've mssed you.  Is it really 8 years since you won a race in GP?

Edited by camelspyyder

No Humble Pie for me Camel.  I did say Aleix was good and that the Suzuki just had to get over the engine blow ups of last year.  Mind you did you see how much he was down on top speed????????  So that was an amazing ride.  I don't think they have a soft tyre now to do a fast lap either and the tyre he used will probably last a full race but I think today the heat caught out a few (Sam Lowes) and many will be wondering what tomorrow will bring.

It looks like most will go with the extra hard for that awesome turn 6 and the slo moes of the riders sliding it around there are awesome.  Another good day of racing looks to be on the cards on and not forgetting World Superbikes and BSB.

• Like 1

Had a few quid in my online betting account so on Friday stuck £2.50 on Rossi and £7.50 on Danny Kent. Both make nearly £20 a pop. Kent looking very good for it... Think this is probably Marquez's to lose (eyes on the start) but anything can happen and you can never rule The Doctor out! (despite him being all the way down in 8th I think??)