Must have options?

Google "Parking Heaters"

But in short it is a fuel powered heater that heats water and circulates it through your engine water system. Your normal car heater then defrosts the car. Not only that but you get an engine that is up to temperature from the start.

Mainly used on efficient diesels that do not give out a lot of heat, but really nice to have on other things too

Expensive but once you have had one...

Many thanks.

It heats the coolant before driving. Never again will I have to get into a cold car in the morning.

Not just that, it provides heat until the engine has warmed up while driving as well. I just today noticed how seamlessly it works.

I stopped at a stoplight and the Stop-Start system switched the engine off before it had warmed up. Yet there was hot air coming through the vents and I noticed the fuel consumption screen displaying 0,1 l/h. Without it i suspect the engine would have had to stay running until it was up to normal temperature.

I've got ACC and I use it quite extensively for city driving as well. Makes it easy to keep to the speed limits. But it does take a bit of time to get going once it brakes the car down to low speeds.

Not just that, it provides heat until the engine has warmed up while driving as well. I just today noticed how seamlessly it works.

I stopped at a stoplight and the Stop-Start system switched the engine off before it had warmed up. Yet there was hot air coming through the vents and I noticed the fuel consumption screen displaying 0,1 l/h. Without it i suspect the engine would have had to stay running until it was up to normal temperature.

I think it runs for at least half an hour before shutting once started. Its to prevent the Webasto from sooting up.

But you can turn off the option to have it running while driving (if you didnt preheat and it already was running while you started driving).

I think it runs for at least half an hour before shutting once started. Its to prevent the Webasto from sooting up.

But you can turn off the option to have it running while driving (if you didnt preheat and it already was running while you started driving).

I don't think it's quite that long, but it does stay running for a while. And I've selected the option to have it running by choice. I drive a lot in stop&go traffic and in those conditions it's a much better way of generating heat than the engine.

I don't think it's quite that long, but it does stay running for a while. And I've selected the option to have it running by choice. I drive a lot in stop&go traffic and in those conditions it's a much better way of generating heat than the engine.

The dealer said it would run about half an hour on the democar I borrowed. So I only have his word for it.

It was a tsi, but I dont know if that makes any difference.

For me, ACC and I use it a lot in town to keep to speed limits when traffic is free flowing (and the que behind me wish i'd go faster) and power boot.

Edited by Dempsek

The dealer said it would run about half an hour on the democar I borrowed. So I only have his word for it.

It was a tsi, but I dont know if that makes any difference.

The manual states:

After switching the system off, the auxiliary heating will continue running a lit-

tle while longer in order to burn the remaining fuel in the auxiliary heater.

After switching off the auxiliary heating, the coolant pump still runs for a short period. 

I'd interpret that to mean a couple of minutes at the most. Half an hour seems a little excessive.

The manual states:

I'd interpret that to mean a couple of minutes at the most. Half an hour seems a little excessive.

It might be that he ment that it would run for half an hour if started when the car aint running. Webasto claims on their homepage that it normally takes 20-30 minutes to warm up a car, so that makes sence.

I must admit I didnt pay that much attetion to him ranting on about the heater, I just wanted to try the car.

Edited by Gromle

I think they are able to run continuously, the limit being the amount of battery you have when not running. In the past we used to run them all night (on machines with big batteries) every 4th night we would let the engine run to give the batteries a rest. If you are using it to boost heat while running there should be no limit AFAIK

Even in a 'warmer' country they are useful but Skoda UK are not particularly helpful and to be honest neither is Webasto UK (you cannot buy the thermocall from Webasto UK - they told me to get one from ebay! )

Also the handbrake was on the wrong side!

You'll get used to it. It's the same side as my previous two Audis. Maybe it suits me better that side as I am 6'3".

+1 for spare wheel.

Love the pano roof, Columbus and canton. I have memory seats as SWMBO and I both drive the car nearly every day - the auto dimming wing mirrors are a bonus, really useful at night.

'Leather' quality isn't up there with Audi, but it does the job.

Camera is great, especially if you parallel park a lot.

This option list is getting bigger and more expensive! Luckily I got some really good quotes from carwow. When the time comes I will use them to negotiate.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

This option list is getting bigger and more expensive! Luckily I got some really good quotes from carwow. When the time comes I will use them to negotiate.

I'll put money on the dealer  providing the same deals, which is what I've done recently. . .

I'll put money on the dealer providing the same deals, which is what I've done recently. . .

It would be stupid of them not to. I bought my current vRS from the local dealer as an ex demo and I use them for servicing. I appreciate dealers don't always reward loyalty though.

I have memory seats as SWMBO and I both drive the car nearly every day - the auto dimming wing mirrors are a bonus, really useful at night.

Seat+mirror memory is a must if you have two drivers who both drive regularly. Makes life much easier.

• 3 months later...

Hi my O3 late 2013 has memory seats and mirrors but no auto dimming option. Anyone got this done as retrofit? Driving at night is a nightmare cause lots of cars especially SUV are blinding me! :(

I am afraid doing an upgrade in Skoda authorised service would be to expensive.

Edited by Croat

Kessy is a must, once you tried it you'll never want to go back !

Oh, and the reverse camera, very convenient for an estate.

Tried it on a rental it's great but expensive. Wish I had it on my O3!

Kessy is cool but not worth it if you don't get it as a free add-on somehow (like I did).

But you could say the same about all the options. They are all cool.

The only "must have" IMHO is the spare wheel and I guess the winter pack if you live in a country with the more extreme end of winter. The rest add to or enhance the basic package.

Hi my O3 late 2013 has memory seats and mirrors but no auto dimming option. Anyone got this done as retrofit? Driving at night is a nightmare cause lots of cars especially SUV are blinding me! :(

I am afraid doing an upgrade in Skoda authorised service would be to expensive.

Anyone?