MY16

Got an update from skoda UK to say that it has now been escalated to the "highest level" as the guy still does not have any answers. He says that product marketing usually get back in 24 hours and at worse would have been 48 hours. So far my case has been opened for 7 days so something is not quite right! (maybe they have totally messed up all their marketing?!)

The plot thickens...

• Like 2

@Iamholam in an attempt to get around the MY16/MIB2/Smartlink mystery I looked into latest Octavia brochures from other countries and found that some of them also mentioned 5.8" screens. This is clearly  a Skoda HQ/VAG problem and not an SUK problem! Funny enough I don't get any clarity from looking at the latest VW Golf brochure either!

I'm starting to see articles of other car manufacturers announcing support for CarPlay and Android Auto. Maybe the whole Smartlink announcement tied in with MY16 was an attempt by VAG to show they also are innovating. Sounds like a very poorly thought out/coordinated communication... Should never have been tied to MY16!

Edited by RB79
  • Like 1

Well , I measured the screen as requested and give or take it will be the smaller one as I got about 6" corner to corner.

Basically it's MIB1 and no smartlink, never mind.

• Like 1

Well , I measured the screen as requested and give or take it will be the smaller one as I got about 6" corner to corner.

Basically it's MIB1 and no smartlink, never mind.

I was happy with the free sat nav so will be happy whatever comes my way with regard to MIB (1 or 2).  SUK have said my car is showing build week comm 22/6/15 although this has not been finally confirmed (whatever that means).

Like all on the site, I cannot wait for it to turn up.

The fact of the matter is they will have a lot of seriously annoyed people who have picked the £150 option for nothing (will smartlink do anything outside of car play etc)

I think we may have more luck getting Android auto to work as I don't think there is such a minimum requirement of sceeensize/resolution. You just have to make sure and get an android phone which works with it!

I was happy with the free sat nav so will be happy whatever comes my way with regard to MIB (1 or 2).  SUK have said my car is showing build week comm 22/6/15 although this has not been finally confirmed (whatever that means).

Like all on the site, I cannot wait for it to turn up.

To be honest mate I'm not bothered either, there's that much on it I have to learn already and I don't do many miles so probably wouldn't be in it long enough to benefit/appreciate it!!

Just heard from Skoda UK, following a request to have the 17" rims as supplied on the SEL (Elegance) changed at the factory for 16" ones, that as of very soon (dealers being notified tomorrow), SEL Octavia's will have 16" rims as an option for anyone who wants them. Not just those who pester SUK for the change.

According to Skoda the 17" rims push the emissions up and may affect taxation.

Now have to make sure I get the rims of choice before the order is locked in.

Just heard from Skoda UK, following a request to have the 17" rims as supplied on the SEL (Elegance) changed at the factory for 16" ones, that as of very soon (dealers being notified tomorrow), SEL Octavia's will have 16" rims as an option for anyone who wants them. Not just those who pester SUK for the change.

According to Skoda the 17" rims push the emissions up and may affect taxation.

Now have to make sure I get the rims of choice before the order is locked in.

Not sure if the larger rims actually push the emissions up, but I know there's been some change in the way emissions get measured which now takes wheel/rim size into account. By offering the smaller rims Skoda have probably just scored themselves a quick and easy win!

No cost option 16's not a bad shout for those it interests. Trade off will also be better ride in place of some handling sharpness given loss of a couple of inches of width and wall height increase...not that a standard suspended Octavia on 225 width 17's is exactly "dynamic"

Not sure if the larger rims actually push the emissions up, but I know there's been some change in the way emissions get measured which now takes wheel/rim size into account. By offering the smaller rims Skoda have probably just scored themselves a quick and easy win!

The May brochure lists emissions by wheel size for each engine and body shape. The bigger wheels have slightly higher emissions, sometimes by enough to push them into a higher tax bracket.

Hello all, this Is my first post.

I ordered an Estate 1.6 business plus dsg on the 13th March.
Options were privacy glass and a tow bar (no, I do not have a caravan)
I live in France, so specs a little different.

The car was ordered by my company through Leaseplan, and only yesterday did I finally get an indication of a delivery date, being the 10th July.

My rough reckoning is that the date is 6 weeks after production of MY 16, what are the chances that I will recieve a MY16?

It will make a difference to tax for me as the new euro 6, 110bhp (81kw) has a co2 of 99, below the 100 tax point.

I unfortunately have no idea who the supplying dealer will be, so can't poke at them for build weeks etc.

Slightly off topic, does anybody have experience of Superskoda for accessories? Good/bad, delivery delays etc?

Many thanks

• Like 1

Latest update from my dealer on the 16" wheel saga.

He confirmed that the order had been changed and that the emission and consumption figures in the MY16 brochure are incorrect.

Apparently our 16" shod Octy will now drop down into the £20 per annum tax bracket because the emission figures are 107 g/km and our economy will go up by 2mpg!!

• Like 1

My16 Irfan? When you order bud?

MY15 and I ordered end of march 

the MY16 have white buttons on the steering wheel while the MY15 has green ( I Think ) 

• Like 1

Just received my VRS, Build week 21 and have the CD player and SD card slot in the glove box

tHe may brochure mebtions the cd player, so hopefully mine which was built this week will have a cd too

Hello all, this Is my first post.

I ordered an Estate 1.6 business plus dsg on the 13th March.

Options were privacy glass and a tow bar (no, I do not have a caravan)

I live in France, so specs a little different.

The car was ordered by my company through Leaseplan, and only yesterday did I finally get an indication of a delivery date, being the 10th July.

My rough reckoning is that the date is 6 weeks after production of MY 16, what are the chances that I will recieve a MY16?

It will make a difference to tax for me as the new euro 6, 110bhp (81kw) has a co2 of 99, below the 100 tax point.

I unfortunately have no idea who the supplying dealer will be, so can't poke at them for build weeks etc.

Slightly off topic, does anybody have experience of Superskoda for accessories? Good/bad, delivery delays etc?

Many thanks

I would guess from production tot France will be 3 weeks (max) so certainly a my2016.

Do You know your exact order date which the dealer had done? As 13 march to 10 july seems long compared to others. Have similar Car ordered as You (1.6 TDI dsg) on april 16th, no build week yet though.

Edited by doncalitri