MY16

Been told that although I will have MIB2 hardware I may not be able to add smartlink and Smart gate without paying MY16 prices for the whole car.

I had assumed a MIB2 unit would be a Smartlink unit.....so what differentiates a MIB2 unit -v- MIB2 Smartlink unit? Software/Hardware ?????? 

It really is no wonder dealers don't pass on update spec information....its bloody confusing.

• Like 1

I had assumed a MIB2 unit would be a Smartlink unit.....so what differentiates a MIB2 unit -v- MIB2 Smartlink unit? Software/Hardware ??????

That's what I am trying to find out... I have a feeling that the £150 may be a licencing fee... But how you would retrofit that I am not sure.

Would be interesting to see if smartlink is standard on yetis or fabia with the new mib2

Edited by Iamholam

That's what I am trying to find out... I have a feeling that the £150 may be a licencing fee... But how you would retrofit that I am not sure.

Would be interesting to see if smartlink is standard on yetis or fabia with the new mib2

In Ireland it appears "Mirrorlink" was an option on the New Fabia http://www.skoda.ie/brochures/Documents/01_2015_Fabia%20Catalogue%20Website.pdf

But that was probably more to do with updating from the Standard Swing unit to Bolero aswell

Ok. Have had written confirmation that my car will have MIB2 now. However if I am wanting to get the smartlink and Smart gate added to my car I will have to pay the accessory prices plus the my16 price on the car.

Apparently the my16 vrs hatch has gone down in price by £100 and the estate has gone up £100. So the question is paying the extra £350 for the extras or sticking with my "plain" mib2!?

*edit I bought the estate. Those who have bought a hatch, you may want to phone up and see if you can get a discount!

Edited by Iamholam

Ok. Have had written confirmation that my car will have MIB2 now. However if I am wanting to get the smartlink and Smart gate added to my car I will have to pay the accessory prices plus the my16 price on the car.

Apparently the my16 vrs hatch has gone down in price by £100 and the estate has gone up £100. So the question is paying the extra £350 for the extras or sticking with my "plain" mib2!?

*edit I bought the estate. Those who have bought a hatch, you may want to phone up and see if you can get a discount!

Hi

Where have you had written confirmation from regarding your car?

Did they indicate what the Hardware/Software difference is between MIB2 -v- MIB2 with Smartlink?

Unfortunately not. I did ask but they didn't have any info. Just can't see it being a dongle or something they need to plugin extra particularly as it's available on yeti and fabia already (I believe?)

Just had the call from my dealer. My Elegance has the new standard options fitted (ACC and park assist). Must be a late MY15 update rather than MY16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Whitby

It appears that Amundsen sat nav is still a paid option on the vRS for MY16, so get it free while you can! (same with ACC and Park Assist on the Elegance)

• Like 1

New UK (May 2015)  brochure online - Elegance is no more, now replaced with SE -L, no standard acc or park assist. 1.6 tdi now 110hp, but still 5 speed manual?!  Looks like MIB2 is installed. No standard sat nav on VRS.  No cruse on SE

This is the blurb from page 12. I assumed smartlink indicated MIB2?

INFOTAINMENT
• CAPACITIVE TOUCH SCREENS • SOUND SYSTEMS • SMARTGATE
• USB CONNECTION • BLUETOOTH®+ • SMARTLINK
The all-new infotainment systems on the Octavia are a significant step forward in the field of
multimedia systems. The car stereo, navigation system and trip computer are no longer standalone
devices, but are wrapped up in one system giving the driver access to the vehicle setup, drive assistant
systems and comfort functions through a single device. Proximity sensors recognise when a hand is
moving toward the touchscreen and bring up the function buttons ready to be used, whilst intuitive
swiping and pinching movements allow the user to scroll menus and zoom into maps easily.
  • Like 1

I've read some blurb somewhere where the new 6.5 inch MIB2 was being fitted, but the brochure still specs the old 5.8 inch screen with the lower screen resolution and still having a CD player fitted

May'15 Brochure can be found here...

https://tools.skoda.co.uk/content/brochure/brochure_octavia.pdf

Certain aspects of it suggest its pitching MY16 but the messaging is inconsistent in places.

- SE L new name for Elegance is mentioned.

- New engine specs are mentioned

- Smartgate and Mirror link get a mention but not MIB2

- SE L steering wheel is mentioned initially as 4 spoke, then later as 3 spoke

Feels like the May brochure is a rush/bodge job.

Either SUK doesn't really have a clear idea of what exactly MY16 entails in the UK hence the brochure is a pile of c*!p, or initial MY16 cars for the UK won't get MIB2 till later into the cycle (to clear out MIB1 stock?) and the brochure correctly reflects what one will get if they order and Octy in May.

I think best to wait for the configurator to come back up (can't be long now) and see what that reveals.

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

Edited by RB79
  • Like 1

If this is the same brochure I saw then estates have increased in price by around £100 and hatched have decreased in price almost £300 from their MY15 equivalents.

No price differences on the options though.

Looking at the brochure fir May 15 the only difference between the April 15 spec and the May 15 is the name change from Elegance to SE-L which is A bit pants

• Like 1

They're standard in the czech rep. (vRS, Elegance-Style , L&K, Scout)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by iphonik4