Leaders Debate

gadgetman

One person says something, six people say they're wrong and then that the other five are wrong about saying the original one was wrong. Then farage is mildly racist.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The fringe parties say we need a change....Thats all they have to say with no flesh to hang on the bones

Clegg and Cameron slagging each other off was particularly childish

Farage talking crap and nothing to say except on Europe and Immigaration

Millibrand..just as defensive as ever and nothing to say with his annoying adenoidal voice

Its actually made me less likely to vote at all!!

• Like 1

Didn't watch it and sounds like I made the right decision. They are all egotistical eegits as far as I am concerned and I generally wouldn't trust any of them. Some are far worse than others though!

SNP will clearly do well in the election, and use it as ransom for another independence vote to be agreed.

However recent events in key areas mentioned in the white paper such as oil and gas revenue have been proved as false. If the vote had have been yes, Scotland would have started its independence with a huge hole in its finances.

I'm amazed that there isn't much fallout from Farage now effectively saying not only is it immigrants sucking the NHS dry, but they all have HIV too.

WTF?

There's absolutely no stats to back it up, just scaremongering to the daily mail electorate

I was expecting Alex Salmond to be in the line-up. Isn't he the mouthpiece of the SNP?

He's not the leader of the SNP.

Fortunately I was out and missed the debate. Of the seven leaders at the debate I will only get the chance to vote for five of their parties at the election, but we have a crazy situation that one of the parties that a large percentage of the UK are unable to vote for could have a large influence on the way government is run.

Who actually contribute much more than they take.

I think people can see why David didn't want to take part

Believe that and you'll believe anything , lots of confusion over the term immigration and economic migration . The former we have good data for and can measure the impact/cost to the UK , the latter are EU members and therefore we have no control over, no accurate numbers of people or impact , some parts of the UK are unrecognisable , very hard to get healthcare, council housing and low paid work .

Nothing wrong with immigration and immigrants do contribute hugely to our economy and culture, uncontrolled however immigration is dangerous.

SNP will clearly do well in the election, and use it as ransom for another independence vote to be agreed.

However recent events in key areas mentioned in the white paper such as oil and gas revenue have been proved as false. If the vote had have been yes, Scotland would have started its independence with a huge hole in its finances.

I'm amazed that there isn't much fallout from Farage now effectively saying not only is it immigrants sucking the NHS dry, but they all have HIV too.

WTF?

There's absolutely no stats to back it up, just scaremongering to the daily mail electorate

Jimbo Loony agrees ;)

post-73816-0-77923200-1428050590_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Channel 4 fact check went through the numbers during the EU elections, and proved immigrants contributed more than they collectively take.

Programme on the other night (BBC iirc ) was about Brits in the Costa del Sol and the Spanish were saying the same about us as we do with EU migrants. Come here, don't contribute, milk our services and health care...

They're all a bunch of lying, cheating bar stewards

I'm off to win £56 million on the Euromillions then emigrating

Unfortunately Brimma you're too late - the £53M Euromillion's jackpot was won (by someone from the UK) on Tuesday https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/life-changing/winner-euromillions-maxwell?icid=ist-tf:na:co!

Edited by jlwah
  • Like 1

Good Ol' Dave. Looking after his vested interests to the end.

"I want the NHS and GP service to be a seven day service" - nobodies going to argue with that, given the current pressures of everyday life, even if you have got sympathy with the notion that  "On the seventh day, thou shall rest", as being a good piece of practical advice on work/life balance. Until you recall where those pressures originate from.

Put in context, that phrase means that lots more of the NHS resource will be moved from the Hospital to GP service. And if my antennae are reporting correctly, its the GP service that Dave and his mates are intent on privatising.

Why you ask ? Well, at least two fold,  because the GPs have increasingly felt over the last 20 years that they are the abused Cinderella service (Clearly the management scientists, Herzberg et al, were right about pay being a "Hygiene" factor and not a motivator) and are just ripe to receive a bloody good stroking with the blandishments of the private sector. And second, the future diagnosis and treatment model will require fewer hospital interventions because of advances in diagnosis and treatment technology, meaning more patients will be able to have their conditions corrected and turned around without a hospital referral. So where will all the NHS money be, with the GP service, stupid ! And this regime is now confirmed by law - the Health and Social Care Act 2012, under which all the purchasing power in the NHS is effectively transferred to the GP Commisioning groups.

Dave and his mates are never knowingly at the place where the money isn't.

Postscript

From what I seen/heard, the operation of the "New model NHS" (Sounds like Cromwellian England) ain't got off to a flying start.

The implementation of On-line patient services is far from fully developed in my locality, now being on its second iteration and only offering skeleton services - I don't think the staff have yet made up their minds on this issue, whether they're luddites or chancers .

Sadly, it seems that some aspects of the community service might be going down the pan under the new arrangements.

I was sitting in the local chemist the other day, waiting for my prescription to be fulfilled, when a new customer came into the shop and started talking to the pharmacist. Apparently, she was a near relative/carer, to someone who had just been discharged from a longish stay in hospital with a severe cardiac condition - one that required treatment with Warfarin. She was recounting that it had taken ages in hospital until doctors had found the right balance in the patients blood clotting factors (It usually does take a long-time with Warfarin)  and were able to release him to rest at home. However, subsequently,  despite repeated attempts to contact the community health service, she couldn't get anybody to now come out and take blood samples of the patient at home (Which is necessary to maintain the clotting balance). Doesn't sound too good, does it ?

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick

BBC have removed the satirical radio show "The News Quiz" from its usual 12.25 pm slot today and substituted "You and yours". ROFL

Clearly, the centralised message delivered via the leader's debate is too delicate to stand a bit of ribbing. Big brother or what ?

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick