Octavia build dates for new orders

I ordered a TSI 220 hatch with minimal options on January 23rd and (as of Saturday) haven't been allocated a build date yet. Dealer reckons that is quite normal and estimates delivery for the end of April, which is around 9 weeks from now. I'm skeptical...

Dave - ordered my VRS TDi hatch same day as you and told today car is built and in transit to Emden - I can't understand the wild variations in dates! I got my build date within a week.

So the dealer has just emailed to say the car is there now.

It has already been allocated a number plate too which has annoyed me as he told us that we could have an input on what it gets.

Did any of you get to chose your plates.

It has already been allocated a number plate too which has annoyed me as he told us that we could have an input on what it gets.

I wanted to do the same but as I am first to pick up on the Tuesday they had to allocate it for me.... Sacrifice for being first....

My Octavia Style 1.2 TSI has finally arrived. Ordered Dec 5th, build week 4 and now in Ireland, registered and awaiting collection this Saturday. Looking forward to it, my first brand new car. Got a small road trip planned two weeks later to stretch it's legs. And then all being well 6 weeks after that, it will be smelling of baby poo and puke when our other new arrival comes.

Best of luck with both new arrivals.

Our 2.0TDi Combi Style, ordered 28th Oct & build week 5, arrived at the dealer today. We will hopefully collect before the weekend. It was cutting it a bit tight as we have a new arrival due in exactly a month!

• Like 2

I got a choice out of about 8. None of the choices were particularly inspired though, so don't think you'll have missed out

Found out today my build week 5 car is currently sat at Grimsby waiting to be delivered to dealer and has been there a couple of days. It's got 6 days to be there and be ready otherwise I won't be a happy chappy!

Just ordered a new vRS Estate petrol yesterday and have been quoted 18-20 weeks!

Update, car has arrived at dealers (got sent a video of it today, which was nice!) and I've arranged to collect Tuesday 1st March, so pretty much 11 weeks in total, better than the 18-20 quoted at time of order!  :clap:

• Like 1

Latest update:

After all the discussions and plans, it turns out my car is still waiting at Emden, and doesn't have a guaranteed shipping date...

It sounds to me as though my 1st March delivery is out of the window, but we'll wait and see - I've been told 8th March is worst case scenario.

That'll be why I haven't received a reg or my finance docs yet then! :'(

Managed to get a better update today - my car is at the UK port (and has been for some time!), but hasn't been released as the factory 'forgot' my option of Smartlink.

I've agreed that I'll take the car is it is at present, on the condition that it'll be retrospectively activated (I've seen the other thread, so not holding out too much hope!)

Should get it in a week or two now. At least I now get why there's been a delay, but it's very frustrating!

Update just now, got reg for the octavia says rapid should be much longer, need to go in to sort finance docs out then it's just wait till I can drive it away.

Ordered 29/12 build week 6 if I remember right.

Getting excited now

Just been informed that my car is being built next week (week 9?). Was ordered 15th January. Expected at dealers 3rd week in March. It's a 2.0 SE L in Topaz Brown Metallic.

Just out of interest, have you had this email? "

Today is an exciting day, because our technicians are starting work on your new Octavia. In a couple of weeks it will have been assembled in one of our state-of-the-art factories, and we'll be spraying it in your chosen Candy White before carefully adding the finishing touches. Then, once we've carried out a series of safety checks, it'll begin it's journey to the UK."

As I ordered my VRS estate around the same time as you ordered yours. But I got this email on the 9th of Feb which is week 6 or 7 I think.

Cheers stu

Latest update:

After all the discussions and plans, it turns out my car is still waiting at Emden, and doesn't have a guaranteed shipping date...

It sounds to me as though my 1st March delivery is out of the window, but we'll wait and see - I've been told 8th March is worst case scenario.

Latest update:

My car Vrs hatch in moon white is being delivered Tuesday morning ! Cannot wait tuning box on the way.....!!

I've had a VRS 230 on order since 4 Nov 15 and there's no sign of an estimated build date yet. I'm hearing there is a 6 months and counting backlog of orders for the 230 (see separate topic posted a couple of days ago). May I ask if your order is via a dealer or a broker, please?

I hope yours does come in June but you might want to seek confirmation from your supplier. Any feedback on what they tell you would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Should have ordered the 184hp and bought a tuning box from dtuk

Today is an exciting day, because our technicians are starting work on your new Octavia. In a couple of weeks it will have been assembled in one of our state-of-the-art factories, and we'll be spraying it in your chosen Candy White before carefully adding the finishing touches. Then, once we've carried out a series of safety checks, it'll begin it's journey to the UK."

As I ordered my VRS estate around the same time as you ordered yours. But I got this email on the 9th of Feb which is week 6 or 7 I think.

Cheers stu

Emailed the Dealer as we had not heard anything since the email about accessories. Was told when we ordered it that the waiting time was 8 to 10 weeks so thought it should be getting built about now. Only time will tell if he is correct.

Managed to get a better update today - my car is at the UK port (and has been for some time!), but hasn't been released as the factory 'forgot' my option of Smartlink.

I've agreed that I'll take the car is it is at present, on the condition that it'll be retrospectively activated (I've seen the other thread, so not holding out too much hope!)

Should get it in a week or two now. At least I now get why there's been a delay, but it's very frustrating!

My car Vrs hatch in moon white is being delivered Tuesday morning ! Cannot wait tuning box on the way.....!!

Rub it in, why don't you :D

Cheers stu

I never got an email. I sent the dealer an email on 20ish Feb asking for an update. Turns out they'd sent an email a few days earlier to the wrong address saying the car was in the country, but that was the first email i would have received...

Edited by village