Octavia build dates for new orders

@lamholam, I'm in the UK. As mentioned I've asked the dealer to list out the spec change and if necessary will follow up to get clarity on MIB2. Even I'm keen to get the new unit.

But to be honest I don't think my dealer is very clued up and it may be better to contact Skoda UK customer services to get a clear answer. :-s

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

• Like 1

@lamholam I'm curious to know if w22 build is a good or bad thing... Will those early MY16 builds be lower quality as it's the first time the new configuration is being assembled? :-s

Anyways... Still some while yet. Delivery is still all the way at the end of June... Just a little out of sync with my wife's b'day at beginning of June and my own in mid July.

But yes, will definitely look to keep everyone posted if I am the first to take delivery of an MY16 [emoji4]. Mine's not a vRS mind, so pics won't be all that exciting [emoji12]

• Like 1

Hello thought I would add to this chat.

I ordered a new Vrs, Hatch, met grey, manual with a few options (not including satnav) the end of March/beginning April.

Been advised it is being built next wk and we should get it about 5 wks after this.

Hoping it will come with satnav as a bonus!

Ordered a VRS estate on 13th of April with free sat nav.

Informed today build is w/c 8th June.

So that should be wk 24 and my16/mib2.

I've noted a few scheduled dates being brought forward.

So I'm hoping it doesn't change too much!

• Like 1

@dukeypookey That's a very quick turnaround. Where in the world are you from? Maybe cars for certain countries get turned around faster? Actually maybe its that right hand drive cars have a slower turnaround as they make less of them?

@dukeypookey That's a very quick turnaround. Where in the world are you from? Maybe cars for certain countries get turned around faster? Actually maybe its that right hand drive cars have a slower turnaround as they make less of them?

It is a lease deal ordered in the UK. Not too bothered about it being MY16 and doubt it will be as think it I still a bit early to expect that.

That's a VERY quick turnaround, I take it that your car was already built and 'in stock' and is not a factory build?

Mine is also a lease deal which was a factory order, i ordered 23 March and is now in transit from the factory to the UK. 

Here's mine (ordered in Austraila - Perth WA to be precise)

Looking at the Skoda UK site the standard spec and options are different to those on the Skoda AU site (eg, Columbus and sat nav are standard on the Vrs)

Ordered on/around 21 Nov 14 (its a lease vehicle)

Vrs Estate (or Wagon as they call them over here... :p ) 2.0 TSI DSG

Black Magic Pearlescant

Tech Pack -

• Adaptive Cruise Control including Front Assist with city emergency brake
  • Automatic Parking Assistant with front and rear parking sensorsi
  • Advanced keyless entry including smart start (KESSY)
  • Premium German sound system 'Canton' (10 loudspeakers, digital equalizer)
19" Black Pack -

• Xtreme alloy wheels 7.5J x 19"
  • Black Side Mirrors
  • Black frame around grille
  • Black roof rails
Comfort Pack -

• Electrically adjustable driver and passenger seat; driver seat with memory function
  • Automatically foldable door mirrors with auto dimming, memory function and environment lights
  • Heated front and rear seats
  • Leather seat upholstery with red stitching
Auto Boot open/close

Extended 2yr warranty

Veh was scheduled for build last week in March (not sure what build week that is) and an estimated delivery sometime in May (although Im not holding my breath...).

Owned a Mk I Vrs saloon in the UK before I emigrated and cant wait to get back behind the wheel of my new one.

I have ordered a similar car except race blue and diesel, ordered 17 February built 17 April now waiting to get shipped to Australia.

• Like 1

That's a VERY quick turnaround, I take it that your car was already built and 'in stock' and is not a factory build?

Mine is also a lease deal which was a factory order, i ordered 23 March and is now in transit from the factory to the UK.

Nope it is being built to my spec with normal choice of options.

Seems to be a very mixed picture here. I ordered my Scout on 29th March and whilst my dealer thinks it will be built wk22 or later he doesn't have an actual date.

Others on here seem to have cars already on the boat that were ordered not much before mine, or being built in June.

Very confusing!

I have ordered a similar car except race blue and diesel, ordered 17 February built 17 April now waiting to get shipped to Australia.

Whereabouts in Oz are you? Think i read somewhere this can have an impact on delivery times dependant on which way the ship goes (ie east coast or west coast first).

Mine should be more or less here now, dealership are expecting it to be with them in 19 may, so it could well be sat waiting for customs clearance in Fremantle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whereabouts in Oz are you? Think i read somewhere this can have an impact on delivery times dependant on which way the ship goes (ie east coast or west coast first).

I'm in Adelaide, so probably the car will go to Melbourne then via road to here, I was told that it will be a June Delivery

@sirdeadalot Perhaps you could insist that the dealer picks up the phone to Skoda and finds out your build date and expected delivery date.

• Like 1

I was given 60 days time frame from order confirmation to arrival. The card should be at the dealer's tomorrow so it has only taken 7 weeks. LHD and only 1000km distance definitely affects delivery terms :)