Octavia build dates for new orders

I just tried mine on that site (Irish Order) and it said currently awaiting a build date. It was built last week.

Spoke with my dealer (Skoda Naas) today and they confirmed the car was built in week 29 which was last week. They are trying to confirm shipping schedules but they doubt that it will be on a boat before the end of July! I was given a latest collection date of 24th or 25th of August. This waiting is torture! 

Does anyone know the shipping schedules and or a way of identifying them? 

Spoke with my dealer (Skoda Naas) today and they confirmed the car was built in week 29 which was last week. They are trying to confirm shipping schedules but they doubt that it will be on a boat before the end of July! I was given a latest collection date of 24th or 25th of August. This waiting is torture!

Does anyone know the shipping schedules and or a way of identifying them?

Download marine traffic for android or ios. The boats seem to be called something highway and go from Emden.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Just be aware that knowing when the ship has docked doesn't give you a reliable indicator of your final delivery date. The movement of your new car from port to dealer is arranged by Skoda and can very from several days to several weeks, outside the dealer's control.

Octavia estate 1.6TDI 4x4 With Winter and Navi pack,leather seats ,rough road and some other Things. ordered 14 july.

build week is set to week 36 and delivery date at the dealer at week 39.

Hope you're in better luck than me - my 2.0TDI (MT) estate 4x4 with rough road have been pushed so many times now, so I'll believe the bw when it's built :-/ - ordered late May ... looks like a lottery

Skoda uk told me my car was at Emdem last Friday. Dealer checked today and latest status is 'at sea'. Ship leaves from Emdem for Port of Tyne today, docks tomorrow, hoping its mine :)

Edited by jobsworth

Hope you're in better luck than me - my 2.0TDI (MT) estate 4x4 with rough road have been pushed so many times now, so I'll believe the bw when it's built :-/ - ordered late May ... looks like a lottery

Yeah,i take the date set With a grain of salt  :|

Looks like most order dates will change some times before the car is build but until now i can only hope......

Oh no! Is that build or delivery?

Delivery, it was good news, as the build date came forward two weeks! Still will be 16-18 weeks from order to delivery. I guess that is not so bad.

After being told last week by the dealer it was in "internal transport" I called VW customer care with the com number just for the novelty of being able to do it. They said it will be finished being built this week. So none the wiser really.

• Like 1

probably be lucky if you do get it in the first week of October, even luckier if you get it in September!!. I ordered my at the beginning of June and it's due for delivery in October sometime, it was supposed to be for September.

Ordered 7th July which is week 28, been given an anticipated build week of 38 which is 21st Sept, so hopefully a few weeks after that.
  • Like 1

Been confirmed that build will start on mine next week. Ordered mid June. Its nice to think that there will be a build sheet floating around Mladá Boleslav with my name and spec on!

Just wait and see how long it takes to land here in sunny Cumbria.

Seems that delivery schedules vary somewhat

Been confirmed that build will start on mine next week. Ordered mid June. Its nice to think that there will be a build sheet floating around Mladá Boleslav with my name and spec on!

Just wait and see how long it takes to land here in sunny Cumbria.

Seems that delivery schedules vary somewhat

Hope you're right about it being built next week - though I thought we would hit the summer shutdown now

Hope you're right about it being built next week - though I thought we would hit the summer shutdown now

Yeh, I think I might just have scraped in as I believe that's in August......could be wrong though

Summerclose is week 32 and 33 confirmed on Facebook. So coming week still building

What Facebook page is that?

I follow Skoda UK and can't seem to find anything on there

My build week is 35, so hopefully all the robots will be refreshed after their rest and build me a lovely car....

• Like 1

Just a quick update. Ordered mine 12th May. Build week 28. Confirmed in UK last Thursday. Est to be on my drive beginning of August. That'll be bang on the 12 weeks given to me at time of order which I think is pretty good going to be fair. Only free Amundsen and Sunset above base. TDi VRS.

Have watched that before...think it's the mk2 Octavia but there is a 6 min video of the current one too....damn I'm sad! I watched it earlier with the wife. She was bored to say the least.