Octavia build dates for new orders

Hi, how long does is normally take from ordering the car and paying the deposit at the dealer to getting a build date? Had a Thank You email from Skoda today but no info or dates. Agreed the sale on Monday and I'm getting excited  :sun:

Edited by LHVRS

I got my build week within 7 days of placing my order.

I was given build week 8 (this year that is), a while later I got a call to say it had been moved to week 6! but when I spoke to the dealer some days later I was told it had moved to week 7 - this week !! I hope they are building it now or it's built as I type!

My VRS Estate arrived in the UK last Friday (12th Feb) and has been waiting for a transporter to bring it to the dealers. They said I could have it before the end of Feb but as its so close I've said to hold off until March 1st. I have been given a reg number this week. Very exciting!!!

I ordered my Octavia on 29th Dec, been told this week it's currently in build at the factory so I should expect it in 3-4 weeks - hopefully after the 1st March for a 16 plate!

Went for a vRS 2.0 TDI estate in Rallye Green, with options of sunset glass, heated front seats and Smartllnk. It'll be my first brand new car - somewhat of a change from my previous cars though - Skoda Fabia vRS 1.9 TDI, but between the two Czech motors I've just sold my Honda S2000!

Update: Now built and at the port, but no shipping date set yet. Have been told that process allows up to 10 days for a date to be set, so will have that by next Friday.

Hoping to pick it up from the dealer 12th March, so have specifically requested that even if it arrives earlier than planned, I want it on a 16 plate!

Further update: Had a phone call from the dealer earlier - they are expecting my car to arrive in the UK this week, but have confirmed it'll be on a 16 plate and even better, will deliver it from Yorkshire to Bristol on 1st March for me - I can't wait!

Latest update:

After all the discussions and plans, it turns out my car is still waiting at Emden, and doesn't have a guaranteed shipping date...

It sounds to me as though my 1st March delivery is out of the window, but we'll wait and see - I've been told 8th March is worst case scenario.

That'll be why I haven't received a reg or my finance docs yet then! :'(

What u order. Take it your in Ireland. Just the name ! Ordered mine 3 days after you and getting PDI'd tommorow.

No, my car is coming from Lookers Manchester.....  I live a mile away and saw it being delivered this morning and thought that one had to be mine... and it was.. 

TSI (Manual) Grey

Black pack plus

Canton

Smartlink

Spare Wheel

Will pick it up after the 1st now..

Popped into my dealer this morning ( well I had to really as my Mark 2 VRS broke down Sunday afternoon! ) and have been told my new VRS (build week 7) is in transit between factory and port and I should expect to get it in 3 weeks. Don't weeks tend to feel very long at the moment!

Hi, how long does is normally take from ordering the car and paying the deposit at the dealer to getting a build date? Had a Thank You email from Skoda today but no info or dates. Agreed the sale on Monday and I'm getting excited  :sun:

I got my build week within 7 days of placing my order.

I was given build week 8 (this year that is), a while later I got a call to say it had been moved to week 6! but when I spoke to the dealer some days later I was told it had moved to week 7 - this week !! I hope they are building it now or it's built as I type!

I ordered a TSI 220 hatch with minimal options on January 23rd and (as of Saturday) haven't been allocated a build date yet. Dealer reckons that is quite normal and estimates delivery for the end of April, which is around 9 weeks from now. I'm skeptical...

My Octavia Style 1.2 TSI has finally arrived. Ordered Dec 5th, build week 4 and now in Ireland, registered and awaiting collection this Saturday. Looking forward to it, my first brand new car. Got a small road trip planned two weeks later to stretch it's legs. And then all being well 6 weeks after that, it will be smelling of baby poo and puke when our other new arrival comes. 

• Like 1

No, my car is coming from Lookers Manchester.....  I live a mile away and saw it being delivered this morning and thought that one had to be mine... and it was.. 

TSI (Manual) Grey

Black pack plus

Canton

Smartlink

Spare Wheel

Will pick it up after the 1st now..

Would you post a pic up when you get it please? Getting mine from the same place in the same color and wouldn't mind seeing a real picture of it, only ordered mine last week so got a while to wait. 

• Like 1

My Octavia Style 1.2 TSI has finally arrived. Ordered Dec 5th, build week 4 and now in Ireland, registered and awaiting collection this Saturday. Looking forward to it, my first brand new car. Got a small road trip planned two weeks later to stretch it's legs. And then all being well 6 weeks after that, it will be smelling of baby poo and puke when our other new arrival comes. 

Hi Robins,

Are you getting the Saloon or Combi version and did you add any extras?.

I also have the Style just ordered in combi with the 1.2TSI.  Would be interested to hear how you get on with yours.

Would you post a pic up when you get it please? Getting mine from the same place in the same color and wouldn't mind seeing a real picture of it, only ordered mine last week so got a while to wait.

The car was in a tight corner so not the best pic.....

Signed the paper work today and I guess there is a benefit to waiting so long. Because I have still been paying my payments off my Fabia the monthly figure for the Octavia was reduced by £30 a month. Could have had it as cash or reduced monthly payment...

post-110000-0-70455400-1456240685_thumb.jpg

Edited by pkoconnor
  • Like 3

Hi Robins,

Are you getting the Saloon or Combi version and did you add any extras?.

I also have the Style just ordered in combi with the 1.2TSI.  Would be interested to hear how you get on with yours.

Saloon/Hatchback. Got a few extras: Front Assist, front parking sensors, sunset glass (tinted rear windows), heated front seats and Cargo net (freebie from dealer). Style came with pretty much everything else I wanted, including Smartlink. Went for the Teron 17" alloys over the standard ones. Preferred the look of them.