What was your Millennium Transport?

Latte

At the turn of the millennium:

1) Rover 216 GSi - the wedge shape 200 series with the 1.6 Honda engine. I.E. a Honda Concerto in disguise. That one ran to 186,000 miles before I sold it to my nephew.

2) Mid way through 89,000 miles with a Ren-Oh Laguna 2.2D company car.  By the time it went back at four and bit years old that was to be polite - knackered!

Was living in Corsham, Wiltshire at the time. Between Chippenham and Bath. Interesting place. Recently seen on TV as the setting for a number of exterior town shots in the "Poldark" TV series. Think it's meant to be Truro?  But some of the most interesting bits of the real Corsham were/are underground!  Quarries for Bath Stone, WW2 ammunitions stores and aircraft shadow factories, Fighter Command control centre, Burlington govt. bunker, Fleet Air Arm equipment storage, the mysterious "Corsham Computer Centre", plus much, much more. Most of which remains classified.

• Like 1

1992 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6. I thought it was the muts nuts when I bought it two years prior as it had a working radio/cd player rather than a faulty tape deck....

• Like 1

A slightly modified 1996 Vauxhall Vectra 2.0 SRi, which got even more modified later on in 2000 when someone jumped a red light and I t-boned them.

From this:

N106CKU%20Front%20corner.jpg

To this:

N106CKU%20Smashed%20pas%20cnr.jpg

• Like 1

At the turn of the millennium:

1) Rover 216 GSi - the wedge shape 200 series with the 1.6 Honda engine. I.E. a Honda Concerto in disguise. That one ran to 186,000 miles before I sold it to my nephew.

2) Mid way through 89,000 miles with a Ren-Oh Laguna 2.2D company car. By the time it went back at four and bit years old that was to be polite - knackered!

Was living in Corsham, Wiltshire at the time. Between Chippenham and Bath. Interesting place. Recently seen on TV as the setting for a number of exterior town shots in the "Poldark" TV series. Think it's meant to be Truro? But some of the most interesting bits of the real Corsham were/are underground! Quarries for Bath Stone, WW2 ammunitions stores and aircraft shadow factories, Fighter Command control centre, Burlington govt. bunker, Fleet Air Arm equipment storage, the mysterious "Corsham Computer Centre", plus much, much more. Most of which remains classified.

Ive been into the tunnels and underground facilities at Corsham , very cool

• Like 1

Got my first car in early 2000 - it was this 1962 Mini:

Original and unrestored with 50k miles on it - never 'properly' let me down - yes things went wrong but I always got home again. Most notable being having the head gasket go when heading to the ferry home from Holland on the day of the fuel blockades. As long as I stayed under 50mph it was fine, anything more than that it overheated! Had to stop every hr all the way from Hull to Edinburgh to keep topping up the radiator! Thankfully being limited to 50 meant that I didn't use much fuel although as it ran on LRP I had no problems finding petrol, it was quite amusing skipping past all the long queues for the unleaded pumps to get to my own personal red pump!

5344105412_c59a5b8fbf_z.jpg

One of my biggest regrets was selling that car but no off-street parking and being a student meant I couldn't give it the care it deserved  :sweat: - replaced it with a 1994 Mini!

Edited by Cznski
  • Like 1

• Administrators

It was either a Xantia Estate diesel or Primera GT << Best car ever. I was hoping to replace with an Accord type R

Sadly I cannot recall exact dates. I know I had the GT up till 2002, when it went for the Octavia 4x4. 

• Like 1

For me it was a Mercedes Benz C180 which I later part exchanged for the MK1 Octy vRS in 2001. Prior to that it was a BMW 320i SE.

• Like 1

I was still driving my first car then.

The mighty Astra 1.3 Merit 3dr

5373205441_32dfe2fa60_b.jpg

That's an 'S'. I couldn't afford such luxury.

• Like 1

I had a small fleet of bicycles and I used to get 40-60 miles a day out of them. Then shortly after the world didn't blow up with Y2K I got a car and have cycled precisely 15 meters since. For some strange reason I am not as fit now??? 

• Like 1

This little beauty:

17852118231_b03e96337c_o.jpg

I miss that car - had some good times in it. Audi 90 20v Sport. Four of us actually slept the night in it on the eve of Y2K

I had an Audi 90 think it was a 2.2l, back in '97 , one of the best cars I've ever had