favourite thing (or things) about your Superb

I love how quiet and comfortable my Superb is.  It's much more refined than my previous '08 Toyota Avensis. 

Also the Twindoor feature I have found to be very useful.

• Like 1

I like it's rarity.

The hatch that looks like a saloon also appeals as does the huge boot, masses of rear legroom, good standard spec, low purchase price and the 50mpg @ 80mph.

• Like 2

I bought mine for the 1.9 m load bed - I like to transport my bikes in the car and the extra length over the Octavia makes throwing a few bags in front of the bikes much easier, spec that shames most BMW/Audis on the market even before you look at the price, good looks (Particularly the estate), ability to comfortably eat bad roads at speeds that mystify the lowered/stiffened suspension brigade, reliable mechanicals and very nice interior.

• Like 1

After getting shot of my mk3 Octy VRS the things I like best are the refinement, the pano roof the power opening and closing boot lid ( must get it coded to get rid of the beeps) the space the torque of the cr170 engine infact all of it.

• Like 1

Quite a lot to mention....

- high driving position when compared to other competitors in this segment. This means easy to drive/park and judge on the road

- easy to get in and out of the car as the seats are in a higher position. R2 seats are circa 25mm higher than R1 seats which means you get very good forward visibility especially for kids in the back.

- low beltline which means easy to see around the car whilst changing lanes or parking. Kids love the large glass depth which brings more light in to the cabin too

- comfortable long distance cruiser even with 18" wheels

- space in the car....whether it's the driver or passenger, you've got plenty of space to stretch out

- practicality....love the twindoor! What an innovation which is patented, unique and such a brill idea from Skoda

- comfortable seats for me personally. Suits my body shape and size perfectly!

- value for money....you get tonnes of toys/features to play with. Why would I spend 40k on A6 with an equivalent spec??

- Reliable in my opinion.....no bad experiences yet!  :p

Of course...there are couple of things I don't like but not relevant to this topic here. But it is such a good car and people who have no idea about this car.....they are really missing something! Skoda is not the same from what it used to be in the UK couple of decades ago.

There is only one way to find out.......Test drive, spend time on this forum and of course live with one :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

• Like 1

The estate superb is the one of the few cars in existence that can fit a full size washing machine in the boot without any need to fold the rear seats...

• Like 3

So far:

How much quieter it is than my MkII Octavia vRS.

More leg room for kids = less kicking in the back.

CR170 smooth and pulls well, I find it pretty quiet too. 

Pano roof.

Width inside, passenger and driver can use the arm rest!

Bluetooth music through Columbus.

Understated looks.

• Like 1

The reaction of passengers when they sit in and see the levels of space and comfort and those heated rear seats! I had an Audi A6 owner in my car last week and he was shocked at the space, build quality and kit [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Ride quality, space, nice cr engine and 6 speed box combo. Good driving position and visibility. Clear instrumentation lay-out, Generally a well thought out package.   :sun:          

Quirkiness. Quality inside and out. Economy. The twin door arrangement.

I like the fact it is a bit different...........sadly I feel the Mk3 may be more mainstream, but we will see.

• Like 1

The supplied umbrella.

Kept the present :thumbdown: but not for long :thumbup: SWMBO's new hair do dry whilst leaving her hairdressers.

£120.000 for a new hair do and I cant see any difference,except in my bank account :sick:.

• Like 1

- practicality....love the twindoor! What an innovation which is patented, unique and such a brill idea from Skoda

:

Which Skoda have now promptly dropped in the Mk3?

All of the above! Well, except for the twindoor, as mine's a wagon.

After 8 months with my 118TSI, I really like how well thought-out the car is.

What don't I like?

The DSG is more refined than I expected, but it hates stop-start traffic on steep hills. The car's propensity to start in D2 rather than D1 doesn't help.

There's a tiny bit of turbo lag when you put your foot down at low revs, but I can write it off as "character".

Otherwise, I'm very happy with my Skoda. The new one looks impressive, but I'll be keeping this one for a while yet.

After two and a half months ownership from new, here are a few of my thoughts on the Superb:

Like the space and practicality of the hatch, almost as good as the estate. Can take 3 BMX bikes plus 3 kids and myself!

Like the Elegance spec, especially the lights and the cream leather.

Like the car on the road. Pleasantly suprised with the 1.6 Diesel, economy around 57 MPG so far fill to fill.

Gears need to be used at slower speeds, but box so light and precise it's no effort. As a cruiser its powerful enough, very stable, quiet. Good

weighted steering at speed. Also for such a big car, it's not too wide, so easy in congested areas.

Like the look of the car. Especially the front. Has a very elegant low profile look. Car feels very solid, doors clunk nicely, door and window seals very good.

Like how easy it is to wash the car, can run over the car very quickly with a microfibre mitt, then dry with a microfibre towel. Large flat areas with few sharp or recessed areas.

Like the colour. :happy: Sparkle in the Magnetic brown changes colour depending on different light. I have posted some pics on the Picture Thread above.

Overall very happy with the car, granted there are a few things that I am not so happy with, but will wait for new thread!

Also love the external looks of the new model, but will reserve opinions of the interior until I see it.

I must be sad, because I still look out the window of my study at the car, the heavy rain at the moment beading and running off... :blush:

• Like 1

I like it's rarity.

The hatch that looks like a saloon also appeals as does the huge boot, masses of rear legroom, good standard spec, low purchase price and the 50mpg @ 80mph.

Yup, works for me, plus I really love the design, the general build and quality "feel".

• Like 1

The way it looks (very handsome car in estate guise).

It's not an Audi/BMW/Merc....

Goes like stink, handles brilliantly and is supremely comfortable on short and long trips. The 3.6 engine is a gem.

Outstanding value as a used buy.

I love it ;)

Outstanding value as a used buy.

I love it ;)

Yeah, with our trade-in of an 08 Toyota Avensis hatchback, we paid just over 11k for our 10 month old Twindoor.

I noticed it turns the radio volume down when i select reverse

Yes, music stops and beep system kicks in when reverse is selected....

Mine seems to have 'speed sensitive' volume ....so as I speed up the volume increases and vice versa.

Weird as the car noise is not that different at 30 or 120kmh to be honest :)

The panoramic roof is coming into its own now as is the air-con. Both work brilliantly.