Smartlink Unlocking/Activation option

Different countries have different standard specs.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I was more referring to

thank you for your query. On markets and regions, where SmartLink yet was not activated, you can see the SmarLink as you see it

in your SKODA car. There is an activation license needed but it will be not purchasable until manufacturers of SmartLink -

Google and Apple companies, will approve the release of the technology in your region. The date is still unknown. It depends on

companies market policy.

Android Auto is not available in the Netherlands...

Yet the Fabias have Smartlink enabled by default.

Octavias and Rapids don't.

On the Yetis it's an option and for the Superbs it's mentioned as part of the Columbus and the Amundsen ICE...

Have we got to the bottom of this yet? I received my my16 yeti l&k today. I had spec'd and paid for smart link (£150) but it would appear that my car was fitted with smart gate (£100) by mistake. The smart link option is blanked out and has the activation code bit on the screen. I'm mad as hell with the dealer as smart gate is a useless option and smart link was the only option I got which I thought was brilliant. They are making enquiries to see what needs done to activate it. And they'll be paying for it. Love the car apart from that. My invoice clearly shows that I'd spec'd smart link but the order confirmation from the factory says smart gate. Dealer is taking full responsibility as they should have noticed and had it corrected. I've been told that the £150 fee is unavoidable because of the costs that skoda have to pay to apple and android for the licence.

Edited by Bilsten

Have we got to the bottom of this yet? I received my my16 yeti l&k today. I had spec'd and paid for smart link (£150) but it would appear that my car was fitted with smart gate (£100) by mistake. The smart link option is blanked out and has the activation code bit on the screen. I'm mad as hell with the dealer as smart gate is a useless option and smart link was the only option I got which I thought was brilliant. They are making enquiries to see what needs done to activate it. And they'll be paying for it. Love the car apart from that.

I'm not sure if we have or not but hopefully you get sorted with the dealer. Don't let it ruin for first few spins in the car. I'd be hopping mad with the dealer too, don't blame you one bit.

Edit: presume the dealer is covering the cost there you mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by DravenSteel

Yeah they've said they will and will get it done at local dealer, bought car 200 miles away to save nearly £2k through CarWow. I've paid for it so I want it. Not my fault in the slightest. Can't really see the point of the SmartGate to be honest.

• Like 2

Yeah they've said they will and will get it done at local dealer, bought car 200 miles away to save nearly £2k through CarWow. I've paid for it so I want it. Not my fault in the slightest. Can't really see the point of the SmartGate to be honest.

Yeah you're dead right. How long were you waiting delivery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all. I just picked up my lovely new MY16 octavia today. I wasn't expecting to have smartlink but it is on my menu - saying it needs an activation code. My kind dealer has enquired with Skoda and advises it wasn't ordered as an option and therefore can't be activated with a code. I thought I'd just give it a go to see if anyone knew of any options. Otherwise I'll just stick with my Bluetooth which sounds great anyway....

In in Oz (but am British if that helps)  :notme:

Hi all. I just picked up my lovely new MY16 octavia today. I wasn't expecting to have smartlink but it is on my menu - saying it needs an activation code. My kind dealer has enquired with Skoda and advises it wasn't ordered as an option and therefore can't be activated with a code. I thought I'd just give it a go to see if anyone knew of any options. Otherwise I'll just stick with my Bluetooth which sounds great anyway....

You will need to pay for the activation if and when Skoda make this possible (an unknown as to if and when this will happen), otherwise, its bluetooth for you.

• Like 1

plenty discussion of this on Briskoda - what you describe is a car delivered as you expected it - ie no smartlink. No one yet seems to have found any part of Skoda offering a retrospective activation

If I spec SmartLink on my new Octy will I be able use the Nav from my Iphone rather than pay £££ for the Sat Nav option?

You'll be able to use apple maps. If you had an android you can use Google maps and then sygic navigation via mirror link.

It's the reason I didn't order nav on mine.

plenty discussion of this on Briskoda - what you describe is a car delivered as you expected it - ie no smartlink. No one yet seems to have found any part of Skoda offering a retrospective activation

Interestingly there seems to be a few on line places offering "mirror link" activation for VW cars now

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00Q6CH82E/ref=aw_d_dsc_automotive

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm buying new Octavia in december with Bolero. I'm wondering can I use my Galaxy A5 (Lolipop) with Bolero to get navi in its screen for east europe with MirrorLink or I need to buy SmartLink?

Edited by mikip

O.K. Is it worth to pay 150€ more for this feature in order to have navi on the bolero from a phone ?

Yes IMO. I use it almost every day and Google maps has worked flawlessly. Carplay likewise, much better than the Columbus in my old MK2 VRS.

Yes IMO. I use it almost every day and Google maps has worked flawlessly. Carplay likewise, much better than the Columbus in my old MK2 VRS.

I've had huge issues connecting my phone to android auto unfortunately. Always trees to connect to Mirror link even though I have set priority to AA (and turned mirror link off) those times it doesn't connect to Mirror link it doesn't connect to AA either.

It's great when it does work but has been very frustrating for me.