The 280PS Thread

Two more readings from the logs:

40-60mph : 2.2 sec

50-70mph : 2.6 sec

And, finally, 4.4sec 30-70mph

Thanks micloi. The mid-range interests me far more than 0-60/100 figures. I already know the mid-range power's on tap for the overtakes but it's nice to see numbers I can relate to.

• Like 1

Just tried the tip below (taken from Golf R) for enabling Dyno mode for the Haldex system to work on 2wd dyno's and it works!

Switch off the car.
Turn Ignition on without turning the car on
When the dash lights go off like abs etc:
   1. Switch on the hazards
   2. Pump the throttle 5times
You will notice the traction control (EPC) off warning will come on on the dash.
Also the light signifying that the system for checking the distance between the car in front of you is offline will stay on in the dash too.
You are now in dyno mode. Leave hazards on
Start and the rear wheels will be deactivated.
When you switch off dyno mode will be deactivated.
Dyno mode is also deactivated if the rear wheels turn like on the Road
Edited by micloi

That's fantastic....but who the hell discovered that sequence (or who programmed it in)? Weird, wonderful and hopefully very useful :)

Feeling really good right now. Contacted my skoda dealer earlier today and found out that my car is ready. When i ordered it they said delivery should be October/November. Now they say it should arrive in July/August. AWESOME!

• Like 1

Nick, great link - love a Q-car.

All desirable motors, except one.... is the addition of the Zafira a cheeky & slightly late April Fool?

• Like 2

Micloi - nice photos. Where did you get the carbon look badges from? Super skoda? They look great....

Dave

Nick, great link - love a Q-car.

All desirable motors, except one.... is the addition of the Zafira a cheeky & slightly late April Fool?

They probably added the Zafira as they are good for a burn up! ;)

I checked the sticker with the option codes and got the following.

Not sure what the following is:

1N3 = Speed-related variable steering assist (Servotronic)

I knew that the steering became stiffer with the sports setting but not that it changed based on speed.

E0A = No special edition
1D0 = Without trailer hitch
7UG = Navigation system - High
I8H = High radio (Gen2)
1KZ = Disc brakes, rear
1AZ = Electronic stabilization program (ESP)
7MM = Emission standard EU6 plus
G04 = Front shock absorption
H1U = Tires 235/45 R18 94W
4UP = Drivers and front passenger air bag with knee air bag and front passenger air bag deactivation
L07 = Suspension range 07 installation control only, no requirement forecast
B09 = Type approval Great Britain and NorthernIreland
3QT = 3-point seat belts with tensioner and height adjustment, front
4X3 = Side air bag front with curtain air bag
J0T = Battery 360A (69Ah)
QI6 = Service indicator 30,000 km or 2 year ( variable )
8GV = Alternator 180 A

Not sure what the following is:

I knew that the steering became stiffer with the sports setting but not that it changed based on speed.

Standard PAS. More steering assistance at low speed for turning into bends and junctions, less assistance at higher speeds where it's not needed (otherwise steering would become sloppy).
  • Like 2

Standard PAS. More steering assistance at low speed for turning into bends and junctions, less assistance at higher speeds where it's not needed (otherwise steering would become sloppy).

Thanks!

A fairy story  - wife's Citigo satnav playing up, so we go to dealer. They take Citigo out for a test, we have a cup of tea and wander around showroom. SWMBO says 'look at this nice grey car, it's got a sunroof'. Nice grey car is new Superb L & K 280ps Estate with lots of bells and whistles and 7 miles on the clock. Three days later a test drive and my current Superb valued. Two days after that collect 'nice grey car' with big smile on my face, Premium Bonds completely depleted - today the next episode of the fairy story begins :sun: :sun: .

p.s. have set aside the rest of the week to find out how it all works and change the interior ambient lighting from Pink!

Enjoy!

I keep wondering if depleting my savings & buying "the right car for me" rather than settling for 2nd best is the right thing to do!.

SWMBO thinks that I should, & she's made things worst by ordering a "little something for herself" to play with............

Wasn't it nice to find a dealer that is brave enough to have a petrol Superb in their showroom, just to tempt their loyal customers.... :sun:

DC

• Like 1

And no hatchback 280's! Strange, there were 3 or 4 when I bought mine a month ago.

Luckily as I got a better deal :)

Edited by micloi
  • Like 1

Only 8 (eight) 2.0 models of which only 2 are 280 models on UK autotrader currently..... :dull:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/skoda/superb/postcode/gu68qe/radius/1501/fuel-type/petrol/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/maximum-age/up_to_1_year_old/sort/default/minimum-badge-engine-size/2.0/searchcontext/default/maximum-badge-engine-size/2.0/page/1

28 2.0 280 models on swiss autoscout... :devil: but the L&K estates are around £42k :sweat: :peek:

http://www.autoscout24.ch/fr/voitures/skoda--superb?allmakes=1&fuel=14&hpfrom=200&hpto=320&make=71,0,0&model=497,0,0&st=2&vehtyp=10&yearfrom=2016

I usually go for the estate versions of cars but this 280 saloon looks stunning.... :clap: :devil:

http://www.autoscout24.ch/fr/d/skoda-superb-limousine-2016-demonstration?allmakes=1&fuel=14&hpfrom=200&hpto=320&index=5&make=71%2c0%2c0&model=497%2c0%2c0&st=2&vehid=3463533&vehtyp=10&yearfrom=2016&returnurl=%2ffr%2fvoitures%2fskoda--superb%3fallmakes%3d1%26fuel%3d14%26hpfrom%3d200%26hpto%3d320%26make%3d71%2c0%2c0%26model%3d497%2c0%2c0%26st%3d2%26vehtyp%3d10%26yearfrom%3d2016%26r%3d5

Dave

We don't have a single 280 on sale in Sweden. Bought mine without driving it. Took a 190d for a test drive, liked it but wanted more power. Hopefully the 280 will be powerful enough without a remap. Don't want to fiddle with the engine until warranty is over.

• Like 1

“Brakes and suspension mildly criticised due to the pace & power available.”

Really?

I bet they didn’t drive (i.e. test) the car at near 150 mph (indicated) like some of us have. Both brakes and suspension were certainly up to the job under those demanding conditions! There's no tougher test for brakes than repeated, sharp deceleration from such speeds. The car gave me more confidence in that situation than any other I've driven near such speed.

I haven’t seen the article, but the comment strikes me as yet more journo waffle – making it up as they go along.

• Like 2