The 280PS Thread

41 minutes ago, Martin201 said:

I’d get that in writing if I were you as I believe as others have said that the 5 year manufacturers extended warranty must be part of the original order or very shortly after. 

Good luck and hope all goes well for you. 

did the same on my octavia , so long as the request is made before the car is built and shipped from factory as it becomes part of the build list ,in the same way added options are and as Fctory Warranty Terms .  

34 minutes ago, johnmb said:

did the same on my octavia , so long as the request is made before the car is built and shipped from factory as it becomes part of the build list ,in the same way added options are and as Fctory Warranty Terms .  

It’s good to hear your actual experience. I ordered my car with the extra warranty luckily as it was built soon after quite unexpectedly. Ordered 12th Jan 18 at dealership before the end Feb 18 but quoted 3 1/2 months delivery.

Edited by Martin201
Extra info

4 hours ago, Nick_H said:

Wow someone needs to get a sense of humour …. and perspective ! :D OK i'll come clean.... It's 250GTO in the garage ….

That would be the famous Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason, one of his many Ferrari's including an F40.:)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

That would be the famous Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason, one of his many Ferrari's including an F40.:)

Closest I’ve ever been to a 250GTO was watching Ferris Bueller 😂

Edited by Nick_H
Crap typing

15 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Send us a picture to prove it or join the club.:thinking:

If UR says he has an RS6 on the drive then believe me he does 🙂

Just now, Nick_H said:

Closest I’ve ever been to an 250GTO was watching Ferris Bueller 😂

Everyone should visit the Goodwood Festival of Speed at least once in their life if they are a true petrolhead. Got invited by Top Gear Magazine in 1996 and parked next to someone's F40 in my BMW 325i Coupe. Me jealous you bet.:D

• Like 1

Think we ought to let this thread get back on track now. Enough of this frivolous and inane banter ! ..... Even if I’m very good at it 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Nick_H said:

Think we ought to let this thread get back on track now. Enough of this frivolous and inane banter ! ..... Even if I’m very good at it 😎

THIS.

There have been several reports regarding posts in this thread, most if not all are regarding someone who appears to be on a mission to get banned, despite previously being warned about their conduct.

Oh and BTW the previous childish remarks you made towards myself and another mod did not go unnoticed, we just didn’t react as it’s usually better for members to ban themselves. 

BACK ON TOPIC... 

• Like 1

Lowering Springs

I had to take my combi into the dealership this week (Marshalls) and whilst getting my Skoda Connect app set up properly (both the dealership I brought the car from and my local one seem to struggle with this), I asked them if they could supply and fit Skoda approved lowering springs.

The news is they do indeed sell and fit Eibach lowering springs - but only for Octavias and Fabias!

Apparently they don’t think Superb owners would wish to do anything so crass as to modify the suspension….

• Haha 1

@Littlewiz I know others have already mentioned their extended warranty, but just so you know, I did not add the 4th year factory warranty until I was close to picking the car up. My dealer informed me that it had to be done BEFORE the car was registered in the UK. 

My dad recently bought a new Seat. It had already been built and was allocated to a different dealer. I got the dealer to add the 4th year factory warranty before the car was moved over from (I presume) Emden.

Hope that helps a bit!

• Like 1

As above....

I tried to add an extended warranty to mine before taking delivery but after the car was already registered by the dealer; I was categorically told it can’t be done. 

You can add factory extended warranty up until the car is registered. You do not have to add it at the point of ordering (factory order)

Edited by TonyTonic
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, boydeee said:

@Littlewiz I know others have already mentioned their extended warranty, but just so you know, I did not add the 4th year factory warranty until I was close to picking the car up. My dealer informed me that it had to be done BEFORE the car was registered in the UK. 

My dad recently bought a new Seat. It had already been built and was allocated to a different dealer. I got the dealer to add the 4th year factory warranty before the car was moved over from (I presume) Emden.

Hope that helps a bit!

Thanks Boydee I'm starting to feel more relaxed about it now. It would seem it is not likely to be an issue. Car should ship from Germany next week so i should get a collection date hopefully still in May.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TonyTonic said:

You can add factory extended warranty up until the car is registered. You do not have to add it at the point of ordering (factory order)

I think you are confusing dealer provided with factory provided warranty. They may work the same for the most part but not the same thing.

Unless UK cars, as opposed to rest of Europe, have a particular agreement with the Skoda factory (not very probable)

Thoughts after nearly 2,000 miles?

I’ve been meaning to write my impression of the 272 Sportline plus combi for a while, especially as I’m newcomer to VAG cars.

Performance: Having come from driving another Sports estate I was pleased that the car can definitely move when pushed and although rarely used so far, the launch control definitely puts a big grin on my face – especially when I’ve got out late at night and found a quiet A road. It’s also a very fast motorway cruiser and eats up the road at a decent speed, which is where I think the DSG box comes into its own too. The downside is that the standard throttle is awful. It doesn’t’ feel progressive at all and I feel I have to depress over ¾ the way down to get it to go  - and then obviously it takes off!  I will definitely need to get a pedal box fitted. I also find the DSG box holds the gear too high for my liking when around town or going up a steep gradient (a lot of hills where I live), so I have to manually change down the gear or again mash the accelerator to get it to kick down.

Handling: The handling is better than I thought it would be and is generally pretty responsive – I think it’s better than a lot of the reviewers give credit. What I find disengages me from the road more is the high seating position, which is great for doing the school drop off and commuting but does mean I feel more detached from what’s going on with the car on the rare occasions I get to have some fun. I suspect I just need to get used to it. The non—DCC suspension is not great when driving more aggressively, even with the lowered suspension on the Sportline. When on occasion I do throw it around a corner I can feel the front nose dip and the car can get very unsettled on rough roads (such as mine), wobbling all over the shop. All I can say is the DCC must make all the difference based on what others have been saying as I’m really not that impressed.

Comfort - The car is very comfortable and I do like the Sport seats a lot – really supportive and easy to do a lot of miles in. The space in the back is massive so great for my daughter and the car is very comfortable to drive sedately.

Practicality: Very practical – love the massive boot. I’ve just done a couple of car boots to get rid of old tat and it was no problem to fit tables, clothes rails etc. in the back. I like the little touches like the hooks, Velcro fasteners, variable floor etc. Basically does everything I need – I was going to get a roof box if we go camping this year but not sure if it will be necessary unless we are taking friends in tow.

Economy: Not great given that I haven’t exactly been ragging it around every weekend. Some days I’ve had as low as 17 MPG, although that is as much to do with he joys of living on the edge of South London where getting over 15-16 mph average speed is rare when you’re chained to school pickup and drop off times! On the motorways it does improve to the low thirties without having to watch the speedo.

Specification: I’ve been impressed with most of the kit on the car too which does all seem to work as advertised (not always a given), especially the ACC, parking assist (I thought it was a bit of a gimmick but actually quite good when trying to park in cramped South London roads) etc. The virtual cockpit is also really lovely and overcame the issue with that horrendous analogue dash (sorry – just my opinion). My only gripe is that while Skoda is meant to be a ‘substance over style’ brand, some of speccing came across as a bit cheap for the marque’s flagship model.  I was surprised to find that the passenger front seat was not electric as standard on the Sportline Plus even though the front seats are heated – similarly what’s the story with a manually adjustable steering wheel? Whilst I love the virtual cockpit I noted I had to pay double the price for the upgrade compared to the same upgrade for an  A5? Given the list price of the car was a smidge below £40K with all the options, I think Skoda could do better.

Anyway very happy overall but some niggles that I suspect will need some modifications in the future to fit my preferences.

• Like 2

You will enjoy a pedal box, I have the 220 but my throttle experience was the same on stock. Now that I fitted the pedal box, it really transformed the way the car drives. A little bit of throttle is all it needs now 🙂

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, paul_7_7_7 said:

Pedal boxes are a recurring theme here - what affect have people seen on their insurance?

Only paid admin fee, no premium change.