Does this screen grab mean windows 10 is on my PC?

justinbarrow

My win 10 upgrade on laptop went fine, having to use it as my desktop (win 8) crashed and is going through a lengthy recovery

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Well downloaded Windows 10 Home changed to ISO and selected both 32 and 64 bit versions just so I had both rather than doing individually. It took all of a few minutes to download but then realised the 6gb iso is too large to fit on a dvd. So now im downloading just the 64bit version as that's the majority of PC's it will be used on but even though its half the size @ 3gb its taking forever. I suspect because its the most popular download and there are literally millions downloading this version. On our business infinity connection its took 1 hour to get to 14%. I should have just mounted the 6gb iso image on a usb stick. Grrrr deleted it now.

I did that as well = ended up burning to a Bluray disc and then to a 16GB USB drive,  But haven't used that - main PC seems to have Updated OK.

My Samsung NF210 Atom netbook with Win7 starter failed twice with auto update to Win 10. Tried and failed at noon. I went to the media tool after uninstalling AVG. some of you said it took minutes, my update took hours finishing at 1.30am! I reinstalled AVG and Spybot with updates and all seems OK. Fingers crossed. I need the onscreen keyboard because normal keyboard has many buttons that do not work. Such as Esc, W S, Del, Backspace and others. Think I need a new faster model. The laptop still uses Win XP! The desktop is on Win 95.

• Administrators

Bloody hell you still using disks!

Shouldn't take to long to download and put on a usb (depending on internet). Using disks now is just an extra long process that doesn't need doing anymore. USB's are so much easier.

I also had a painless upgrade, but I will do a fresh install at some point but atm it seems just as fast and having no issues. Really pleased with Windows 10 so far!

• Administrators

When presented with the options which did you choose?

Windows 10 Home

Windows 10 Home N

Windows 10 Home Single Language

Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 Pro N.

Im guessing that because 10 Pro is business focused then its not free. Also whats The N for?

Langers beat me to it!

Shouldn't take to long to download and put on a usb (depending on internet). Using disks now is just an extra long process that doesn't need doing anymore. USB's are so much easier.

I also had a painless upgrade, but I will do a fresh install at some point but atm it seems just as fast and having no issues. Really pleased with Windows 10 so far!

I'm not but, Im creating them for my colleagues who aren't particularly computer savvy and I don't trust enough to give them any of my usb drives. I doubt they would be able to navigate bios to choose boot sequence and early windows 7 PC's I suspect will already be set to dvd in the boot sequence so I though it would just be easier to give them all DVD's.

I was just thinking that yesterday, the DVD drive packed up on one machine (while installing a new GFX card) and I started looking on-line for a replacement and thought "why"?? I can get the files directly from the AMD website and they will probably be newer as well. Most films wont play on a PC drive due to copyright protection, so what is the point??

• Like 1

I am still a semi happy camper this evening with all going swimmingly after my fury ordeal with it all yesterday. Got to sleep at about 07:32 then it would appear next door was getting new double glazing fitted from 07:55  :dull:  :coffee:

Start menu is still not to my liking, I used the iobit one in Win 8.1 (nicer than that 'classic shell' xp looking one). Going to have  shot at finding a nice one of those again for Win 10 as, I am not liking the 'All Apps' thing one little bit and refuse to have to type into the search bar like it seems to want me to do, to find anything. Just a pain in the hole with an alphabetical layout for EVERY program. 

For those who haven't seen it yet and want a look, here it is.......

Installed today on my Surface Pro 3 all was quick and straightforward and all our corporate software works fine albeit after a bit of registry tweaking. Performance wise very slick and new browser Edge is great. I'd certainly recommend it.

Thumbs up from me.

I updated yesterday on my Toshiba U840W ultrabook.

The performance sucked and was taking about a minute to boot up along with some other problems.

I bit the bullet and did a fresh install today. Got the intel rapid start all setup again (30GB caching SSD drive setup) and it's back to booting in about 20 seconds again.

Overall very pleased with it.

Phil

Can anyone on 10 confirm chrome working?

So long as that works, she won't be upset at any other niggles.

Yup. Chrome installed and working fine for me.

Phil

• Like 2

Can anyone on 10 confirm chrome working?

So long as that works, she won't be upset at any other niggles.

My Chrome now working as of early hours this morning in end. No idea wtf it's problem was. I uninstalled it and purged any registry trace of the sod, but still wouldn't play ball or me on first update, then a fresh install. So went back to factory reformatted partition etc and when win8.1 was just in and no more, killed it and used ISO I kept from start and booted from that. All been fine since. No one else on earth seems to have had that Chrome issue I did though googling around. The new 'edge' browser is nice and slick, might have a poke at it see what sort of add ons can be sorted for it with a view to jumping off Chrome. 

I am not liking the 'All Apps' thing one little bit and refuse to have to type into the search bar like it seems to want me to do, to find anything.

Use Cortana  HAHAHAHA , Sorry

"Cortana; give me directions to Drumnadrochit"

"Would you like a Drum?"

"Searching for road kill"

Paraphrasing, but that's what it's like. I'm sure if I had a mid Atlantic accent and lived in New Jersey it's work just fine.

• Like 1

"Would you like a Drum?"

"Searching for road kill"

Paraphrasing, but that's what it's like. I'm sure if I had a mid Atlantic accent and lived in New Jersey it's work just fine.

Perhaps a Scottish version is required Kiltana? Once again sorry I will get my coat.

• Like 1

-Scottish Windows 10-

User - "Morag; search inbox for emails from Brian"

Morag - "F*** Off and do it yourself".

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 3

Pin the Apps you want to the start menu, then you don't need to touch "All Apps".

As per the video it won't let me pin any I choose annoyingly :( 'pin to taskbar' is only option in the 'all apps' list. 

Does Cortana do a "When Harry Met Sally in the restaurant" when you get your joystick out?

Ask her about the Master-chief and she'll tell you how he invaded her ring