The Superb III Picture thread

My MY18 Superb 206tsi in not the prettiest condition. Superbs sure are built strong.

Off the road for 10 weeks thanks to damage to the lower door sill that needed a few new bits and pieces replaced. Not exactly off the shelf parts hence the wait. Back to new condition now with perfect paint match/blend.

Interestingly zero injuries to people or airbags. Everything on the damaged door (Drivers Side) still working - mirror - window up/down - door latching - door open & closing etc

The other car was a Mitsubishi Lancer that was written off - the engine had shifted off its mounts and pretty much every front panel and guards badly deformed.

Worst part was having to drive a new model Toyota Camry for 10 weeks (Insurance paid for that). Made my old 2004 Mazda6 feel modern.

IMAG0042sml.jpg

IMAG0025sml.jpg

IMAG0023sml.jpg

Superb III [3V] 2016-2017.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

Awesome resistance to side shock, which is usually the weak point of many cars! Especially if one compares to front damages on the Lancer 😳...
Thanks for sharing, makes our Superbs even more trustworthy! 👍

• Like 1

Damn that sucks mate!

Glad to hear all are ok and the car is back up an running.

As I have the same car as you, it is rather reassuring that it can cope with such an impact as it has done.

What surprises me though is why side / curtain airbags did not release?

I am sure there are certain triggers, but I would have thought this would activate them for sure...

Was the Lancer a "P" plater by any chance?

Prefer the scientific side impact test to this method but at least real world.

Airbags not deploying likely because the car was shunted sideways on impact as I was travelling approx 30mph at the time, so after initial impact the Superb was not in contact with the other car so no ongoing forces. The Superb easily recovered and pulled up without any drama - not pleasant seeing a large red object heading for your door though. A small or medium SUV would have been tossed on it's side - lots to like with traditional low slung cars like Superb and Octavia.

The luckiest part other than no injuries was where the car was hit given it was moving at the time. A split second either side and the drive train/wheels etc would have taken the impact which would have severely impacted chances of a decent repair.

Yes a it was a 'P Plater'  Both rego and P plates both fell off in the impact.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Sorry to hear about your trouble @sjabs101 but thank you for posting. It's very reassuring to see how robust our cars are. 👍 Glad it's all up and running again.

+1 With Jeff on this very important point we all hope our Superb's offer good protection for our friends and family and the impact on the driver's side would have caused major injuries in many lesser built cars. Sorry you had to drive a Camry for so many weeks my deepest sympathy for having to put up with such an awful experience.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Jujvrs said:

Traded In my Rio Red Octavia VRS for this Meteor Grey 272 Superb. Absolutely Love it!!  

SUP.jpg

5hi7 colour! Oh wait....😂

Looks great with the Supernova's.  Enjoy :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

Yes just under 360bhp and 378lb/ft (514nm).:thumbup:

i want mine doing and i'm so indecisive on whether to your not as 1. the price and 2. warranty as i have a year left 😞 

4 minutes ago, Raymundo91 said:

i want mine doing and i'm so indecisive on whether to your not as 1. the price and 2. warranty as i have a year left 😞 

Reliability is very important to me and after having at least 6 cars remapped with well over 100,000 miles covered never had a single problem with any of them. Our 26 month old standard Karoq has been back to the dealer several times already and all the problems we've had fixed under warranty were engineered into it at the factory. You won't believe the difference it makes and on 99 octane fuel yours will probably make 370-380bhp as mine as the dual GPF in the exhaust system which robs it of some power. Now does 0-50mph in 3.2 seconds which is very funny as you hang onto the wheel.:biggrin:Still got 39.2mpg on my 27 mile commute this morning.

12 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Reliability is very important to me and after having at least 6 cars remapped with well over 100,000 miles covered never had a single problem with any of them. Our 26 month old standard Karoq has been back to the dealer several times already and all the problems we've had fixed under warranty were engineered into it at the factory. You won't believe the difference it makes and on 99 octane fuel yours will probably make 370-380bhp as mine as the dual GPF in the exhaust system which robs it of some power. Now does 0-50mph in 3.2 seconds which is very funny as you hang onto the wheel.:biggrin:Still got 39.2mpg on my 27 mile commute this morning.

Mines the 280 so not sure what the difference is between the 272 and 280. i struggle to get 30mpg on my 85 mile commute :sadsmile:

28 minutes ago, Raymundo91 said:

Mines the 280 so not sure what the difference is between the 272 and 280. i struggle to get 30mpg on my 85 mile commute :sadsmile:

The 280 has a much less restrictive exhaust system with flaps that open as the revs rise or is in Sport mode so is not strangled like the 272. The 280 makes 276bhp as standard whereas the 272 makes 268bhp according to Skoda. So mine actually made 283bhp (+15bhp) on Tesco Momentum and gained 91bhp over standard with the remap. The 280 should make at least 91bhp more than 276bhp standard but could make as much as 100bhp over standard (circa 376bhp).:o

9 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

The 280 has a much less restrictive exhaust system with flaps that open as the revs rise or is in Sport mode so is not strangled like the 272. The 280 makes 276bhp as standard whereas the 272 makes 268bhp according to Skoda. So mine actually made 283bhp (+15bhp) on Tesco Momentum and gained 91bhp over standard with the remap. The 280 should make at least 91bhp more than 276bhp standard but could make as much as 100bhp over standard (circa 376bhp).:o

The 272 has a GPF

Just now, Essexben said:

I’ve got 66 plate superb 150 sportline with a remap what sort of figures would I be hoping to achieve

Is it diesel or petrol. The 1.5TSi on 99 octane petrol could probably achieve 200bhp and 300nm whereas the diesel should manage 185-190bhp and 450nm.:thumbup:

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Oooooo! Nearly 380hp sounds  like serious fun but tbh i think anything over 350hp is going to make a big difference.