The Superb III Picture thread

Actually I've started using sport mode !

Plan was to keep in D until oil upto temp then use full range of revs in manual mode upto 4.5k.

I've discovered Sport Mode does a pretty good job of that. Just careful not to exceed 4.5k.

Also hangs onto the gears longer which is what I want while in the 'running in' period....

Played on a twisty country road. Tried Comfort but too much wallow for the type of road. Tried Sport, came out of a double bend onto a short straight, opened the throttle slightly and it leapt up to 90. It's an animal in Sport. Best not do that again for a while!

• Like 3

Played on a twisty country road. Tried Comfort but too much wallow for the type of road. Tried Sport, came out of a double bend onto a short straight, opened the throttle slightly and it leapt up to 90. It's an animal in Sport. Best not do that again for a while!

Haha fantastic :-) I made a slight mistake overtaking a couple of cyclists. Thought I was in D but was actually in M 2nd gear. Broke my 4.5K limit and suffered organ compression :-D

• Like 1

Arrived last week:

Superb Estate L&K Trim

Engine: 2.0 TSI 220 PS DSG

Quartz grey

Rear side airbags

19" Phoenix anthracite alloy wheels

Temporary space-saver spare wheel

Smart light assist with Lane assist and BSD

Crew protection assist

SmartGate

DSG paddles

Only done about 350 miles in it, and am very happy. I can confirm I got the boot to close using the KESSY key fob whilst behind the car.

Here are some pics I snapped in the fog this morning. The brown leather looks much darker in reality, the flash really accentuates it.

22685315961_ea9b6d4ee8_k.jpgDSC_0448_PerfectlyClear

22052950153_9072aa19fd_k.jpgDSC_0447_PerfectlyClear

22674036485_50cc9472d1_k.jpgDSC_0444_PerfectlyClear

22673987225_cc3f65b5dc_k.jpgDSC_0442_PerfectlyClear

22647962446_a569aec297_k.jpgDSC_0449_PerfectlyClear

Haha fantastic :-) I made a slight mistake overtaking a couple of cyclists. Thought I was in D but was actually in M 2nd gear. Broke my 4.5K limit and suffered organ compression :-D

The older cars have a gear selection indicator in the top R/H corner of the Maxidot, can come in useful at times......

Came in handy today driving around a very foggy Essex, if only to see how long it would hang onto a high gear behind the trundlers....

I'll admit to leaving it in "D" most of the time, 'cos it's learned my "laid-back" / OAP driving style, but I do use the paddles as & when require, + "S" when the red mist returns! 

I'm wondering if the running-in info has changed since my car was made, I'll  have to read the manual....  

I wish happy early days to all you lucky early-adopters.

DC

• Like 2

Looking forward I think I'll be using manual mode and the paddles most of the time with the odd flirt with D and sport mode for fun at the lights.

Loving dsg though. Im driving it exactly like a manual without messing about with that far left pedal ! What's it called again ?

Superb Estate SE L Exec 150TDI Manual. Moon White metallic. 19" Sirus alloys, Hill Hold, DCC, Trizone climate, Light assist+HBC, Variable boot floor, Virtual pedal, Rear backrest release, KESSY.

It's not exactly the spec that I would have gone for but I needed a car fairly quickly and that was what was available. Picked it up today.

8EF3DDC7-9E47-4898-A2FE-8BD8DC35C47A_zps

A pick of the interior.

2DB10C06-943C-467F-A4C4-EDF5B4662DEF_zps

Not that you can se it in this pic but it has the Alcantara/Leather mix.

I'm sure I've seen you around Dunfermline. At Tesco. I won't get more specific than that. Great looking car.

I have been pondering on which colour to go for when my current lease ends and have considering a L& K petrol DSG in magnetic brown. I came across this site whilst looking for better images of the brown and they have images of the cars in all the colours available although I think some may be enhanced somewhat but still maybe worth a look. Interestingly they are still showing the Rosso Red which may of been a choice for me. http://www.teintes.fr/2015/04/skoda-superb-couleurs-colors.html

I have been pondering on which colour to go for when my current lease ends and have considering a L& K petrol DSG in magnetic brown. I came across this site whilst looking for better images of the brown and they have images of the cars in all the colours available although I think some may be enhanced somewhat but still maybe worth a look. Interestingly they are still showing the Rosso Red which may of been a choice for me. http://www.teintes.fr/2015/04/skoda-superb-couleurs-colors.html

They are all CGI and not to put too fine a point on it they are not very accurate either (especially the Business Grey)

• Like 1

Brown is what I've gone for. Expecting delivery mid January so can't bring you a real life photo anytime soon.

Brown is what I've gone for. Expecting delivery mid January so can't bring you a real life photo anytime soon.

Will defo be interested to see some pics of your car when you take delivery.