The Superb III Picture thread

Just had the car detailed and coated with Gtechniq Crystal Serum

What did it cost, certainly has a deep shine, on black very effective. Have you been given any assurance re long term advantage?

That arrived in plenty of time!  Nice colour!  Are you happy with the wheels? Is that white strip along the B pillar some of the wrapping from delivery?  Make sure they don't end up sticking it in the showroom as dealers sometimes do with cars that arrive early and stick a sold sign on them.  You don't want to end up with marks on the car or the car being poked and prodded for a few weeks by prospective customers. 

Edited by Superb170
  • Like 2

I am actually very happy with the wheels but I was unsure at first. It took a second visit to the yard and a few pictures later I made up my mind on it. The car is locked in the back section of the yard away from everyone and staff. The salesperson has kept the keys locked in the desk so no one can open it ! They said it was a lot of money to have up front on display in showroom or near the door. They'd probably be afraid of something happening just like you said superb170. Imagine a customer's kids or someone sitting in or against it scratching it !

The order was quick surely. Ordered Sept 13th. In dealers on October 28th and yes, that is packaging that's yet to be removed. Everything is still covered inside too

Edited by BennyS3
  • Like 2

I am actually very happy with the wheels but I was unsure at first. It took a second visit to the yard and a few pictures later I made up my mind on it. The car is locked in the back section of the yard away from everyone and staff. The salesperson has kept the keys locked in the desk so no one can open it ! They said it was a lot of money to have up front on display in showroom or near the door. They'd probably be afraid of something happening just like you said superb170. Imagine a customer's kids or someone sitting in or against it scratching it !

The order was quick surely. Ordered Sept 13th. In dealers on October 28th and yes, that is packaging that's yet to be removed. Everything is still covered inside too

Good stuff, it will be an anxious wait so!!  I'll be on the countdown myself soon, I'm told orders are much quicker now and it might even be in the dealer before Christmas.

• Like 2

What do you think of the ride on 17 inch rims compared to the others ? Softer? Less harsh ?

Hi Rick, sorry for the delay. Wanted to drive the car for at least a week before I gave you an answer.

It has been snowing quite a lot here in our Town so most of the journeys have be slow driving. First time with non-studded tyres for a very long time. What a difference in noise comparison. Now as to whether the ride is good or not. I like it. I would like to take a longer journey to test them out but I'm very happy so far. Not harsh and not too soft. My trims have completely different types of tyres on them so the comparison is not going to be fair. I am with both.

I'm very interested to see how you get on with the pedals and footrest, please keep us updated

Pedals are easy enough (immerse them in hot water to make them easier to fit)

The footrest is LHD only, RHD are totally different (and no DSG ones are available yet)

I'm very interested to see how you get on with the pedals and footrest, please keep us updated

Will do, I hope I get my Superb till the end of december :) this was gift from my wife :D

Pedals are easy enough (immerse them in hot water to make them easier to fit)

The footrest is LHD only, RHD are totally different (and no DSG ones are available yet)

Or little grease :) for footrest I have to take off hood hook to install it :(

I got my upgrades for my Skoda Superb :) I am very thrilled, I cant wait to get it and install this things... Have anyboy installed footrest yet? is it hard :) ?

I have done the foot rest and it requires you to remove the bottom trim panel of pillar A, which in turns requires you to remove the bonnet lever as well as lift the bottom part of the door panel.

Not too difficult, but a little fiddly (for someone like me who has never removed any car paneling before) ;)

• Like 1

I have done the foot rest and it requires you to remove the bottom trim panel of pillar A, which in turns requires you to remove the bonnet lever as well as lift the bottom part of the door panel.

Not too difficult, but a little fiddly (for someone like me who has never removed any car paneling before) ;)

Did you do it like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMLFvK1vIYE