The Superb III Picture thread

2 hours ago, aidangill said:

Thanks for the reply, looking like I can't order them Supernova wheels from Ireland! :( Sickened.

Anyone consider ceramic coating the car? Reading various reviews

Really ? I'm sure I saw those supernova alloys on a display rack in my supplying dealer last January. I'm open to correction on that though!

I have the carpro cquk kit for my car but have, nt had the time to apply it yet. There is a lot of preparation to be done to the paint before applying it and I have,nt had the time or the weather conditions to do it yet. 

I regret not doing it the day I picked it up tbh  ,as time goes on the more prep work has to be done , detar ,  decontamination ,maybe light polishing in places to get rid of light swirling etc. It's probably two days work to do it properly at this stage ! 

Should be worth the effort though ,big fan of carpro gear myself ,any of their products I've used so far have been really good .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SportlineBri said:

Really ? I'm sure I saw those supernova alloys on a display rack in my supplying dealer last January. I'm open to correction on that though!

I have the carpro cquk kit for my car but have, nt had the time to apply it yet. There is a lot of preparation to be done to the paint before applying it and I have,nt had the time or the weather conditions to do it yet. 

I regret not doing it the day I picked it up tbh  ,as time goes on the more prep work has to be done , detar ,  decontamination ,maybe light polishing in places to get rid of light swirling etc. It's probably two days work to do it properly at this stage ! 

Should be worth the effort though ,big fan of carpro gear myself ,any of their products I've used so far have been really good .

Ya I asked and they are not factory standard. :( Its a pity as I love them. I'm going to ask the garage to see if I can do a swap.  

25 minutes ago, fluffmeister said:

My Moon White 280 Sportline, replacement for my Moon White Mk3 Octavia vRS, have I mentioned I like Moon White :)

IMG_0573.JPG

How different is that to the Lazer white? 

Is Lazer the replacement for Candy White? if it is, then Moon White is "Whiter" If you put a Moon White and Candy White side by side, the Candy White looks almost cream in comparison. Moon is metallic as well, and in bright sunlight you can see that.

You can see the difference in this post from the Yeti Forum with a Candy White (now Lazer??) Yeti next to a Moon White Yeti, Moon White in the foreground

Edited by fluffmeister

@Fluffmeister

Candy White isn't same as Laser White

https://www.google.lv/search?q=candy+white+vs+laser+white&espv=2&biw=1400&bih=772&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjr6Oi09IjTAhXIbZoKHQxOAHsQsAQIFw

and price too were different:

Candy 150e

Laser 300e

Moon 400e

Pearl 1k+

On 8/16/2016 at 11:25, Bilgic said:

Candy-Wei%C3%9F-Moon-Wei%C3%9F-und-Laser

Moon white is metallic, candy white is as like cream. Laser white is a perfect white :)

Edited by MartiniB
  • Like 1

Cool beans, I'd never heard of Laser White before this thread :) Ironic that the first picture in that google search is the post I linked to showing Candy vs Moon :)

Edited by fluffmeister

Laser White is colder, also Metallic paint with no Pearls in it as opposite to Moon White

Candy = More Yellowish 

Laser = Pure white without pearls

Moon = White with Pearls and a bit Smoked style white compared to Laser 

Edited by Blindek

47 minutes ago, CTRob said:

Nice work lukas883 she's a beaut well wear ;-)

Thanks Rob, now just to run the engine and then will see what the dark side of the force means 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lukas883 said:

Thanks Rob, now just to run the engine and then will see what the dark side of the force means 

Indeed I am 600km through this journey ;-)

Yep getting a new car detail next week, hence the dust and dirt, so left it on for now.

Shall i leave the blue bits on the wheel centres?

Edited by Bud

8 minutes ago, Bud said:

Shall i leave the blue bits on the wheel centres?

Personally I would remove them... the centre caps are crap anyway and will require changing in around 18 months as they still suffer with the dreaded whiteworm,

All 4 of mine need replacing and they have only been on the road about 8 months (as I run winter wheels and tyres) mine also had the Crystal Serum applied from new.