The Superb III Picture thread

On 20/05/2018 at 20:14, wedgeman said:

2 weeks into ownership very pleased, 220 DSG Petrol

IMG_20180520_194934.jpg

6 hours ago, jaggafredde said:

Woah! Love that color! What’s it called? Factory painted? 

That was one of the colours of the pre-release cars at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show but sadly wasn't available to order in the UK at that time. :sadsmile:

Geneva2015 457-2.JPG

Geneva2015 458-2.JPG

6 minutes ago, john999boy said:

That was one of the colours of the pre-release cars at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show but sadly wasn't available to order in the UK at that time. :sadsmile:

Geneva2015 457-2.JPG

Geneva2015 458-2.JPG

:( Probably not in Sweden either, I’ve never seen any Skoda with that color. Anyway it looks absolutely amazing!

And when looking in this thread, dare I say that the current Superb design beats any Audi and VW in pure looks? I really think it does. I read somewhere that they have a new designer now though. It won’t be easy to come in and try to improve things at this point..

7 hours ago, john999boy said:

Its a SportLine only colour that’s why (the SportLine was not available from launch) 

On 08/08/2018 at 06:21, Gizmo said:

Its a SportLine only colour that’s why (the SportLine was not available from launch) 

Looking at the picture from the Geneva Motor Show, I don’t think it was initially intended to be a Sportline only colour. (Look at the chrome trim around the windows, chrome inserts in the grill, lack of the spoiler on the trunk), but t may well have turned out that way.

Dragon Skin would have been my colour of choice as well, but I found the Sportline to offer too little extra for the rather steep price increase to justify it, so it wasn’t an option.

No pics but id have had an l&k if money allowed. I have a sportline (pre sportline plus was introduced) very happy but i would have loved all the extra spec you get in the l&k. So it depends whether u want the sportline bits..... Exterior bits and interior, or more spec.  Id have loved the extra assist systems lane assist smart light assist etc and dcc all which arent on the sportline. But i guess you can spec all this on a sportline.  I bought mine used so didnt have the option

On 26/07/2018 at 12:35, MidVRS said:

This is exactly the change I will most likely be making later in the year, Octy VRS to Superb Sportline 150 DSG...Interested in your comment re quality, also, is the performance hit noticable?....Cool color by the way!

Where can you get the red trim please 

2 hours ago, dgward_uk said:

Does anyone have any pictures of Superb estate (combi) in Emerald green?  I'm planning on a 280 version but am in negotiations with the kids on colour...:whew:  I'm not sure between Sportline plus or L&K.  Any views?  Thanks :thumbup:

No pictures (my L&K is red), but I chose the 190HP L&K instead of Sportline for two reasons.

Firstly, the number of extras fitted as standard in the L&K were way beyond the Sportline, and if I specced up the Sportline with the options that were available for it, it would have been more expensive than the L&K... so I went L&K.

Secondly, I hate DSG, so the Sportline being DSG only, it ruled it out for me anyway.  If it ever had a manual, I'd seriously consider it.  I've driven DSG (not in Sportline) before, but I felt it was too slow to change and pick-up again, and not very good at knowing what I wanted from it at any given time.  It felt more reactive than proactive.  Just my opinion... others will disagree :)

Edit : I know manual is available on the 150 Sportline, but I had a 140 Superb Elegance previously, and felt it wasn't near enough power for the weight of the car... and anything over 150HP with Sportline is still DSG-only I believe.

Edited by Mikeworcs
  • Like 1

A DSG is indeed a rather different beast to a manual transmission. To get the most of it, a little more planning is required. It does take a little while to get used to.

A throttlebox does do wonders as well.

All of that being said, I would have loved the Sportline trim, but it was rather expensive for a limited set of extras where I live (Belgium). We settled on a Style (SEL, I think?) with pretty much every option specced.

Reason being: I really wanted Alcantara seats.

On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 22:15, jaggafredde said:

:( Probably not in Sweden either, I’ve never seen any Skoda with that color. Anyway it looks absolutely amazing!

And when looking in this thread, dare I say that the current Superb design beats any Audi and VW in pure looks? I really think it does. I read somewhere that they have a new designer now though. It won’t be easy to come in and try to improve things at this point..

BMW must have been impressed with Skoda's former Head of Design as they offered him a lot of money to join them and improve recent dreadful BMW efforts!:biggrin:

I'm normally pretty fastidious. What's worse is my detailer can't fit it in for two weeks... That said, I've got another festival gig next weekend so don't want to tempt fate by getting it done. This happened as the car in front of me also heading for backstage artist parking was crawling along, but he had narrower tyres and less weight... so I sort of just slid to a halt and it wouldn't go :sweat: