The Superb III Picture thread

28 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Is it the proper 306bhp Golf R or the slower 296bhp version. Looks good in white even with the standard 18" alloys.

Meant to be 306 but most are 320+ (With 99 RON) according to the tuners I’ve been speaking to this week. 

It’s f’ing quick though. Even coming from the 280. Total different animal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, penguin17 said:

Meant to be 306 but most are 320+ (With 99 RON) according to the tuners I’ve been speaking to this week. 

It’s f’ing quick though. Even coming from the 280. Total different animal. 

Makes perfect sense as my Superb made 15bhp more on 99 octane before tuning. Did you go DSG or manual because the manual probably 5.0 seconds to 60mph and the DSG around 4.6 seconds. One final question is the estate about 30kg heavier than the hatch (1,495kg) at around 1,525kg and what size is the fuel tank?

5 minutes ago, freelunch said:

Now, where's that "ignore" button?...

😃👍

Not until he's shown us the pictures (and dimensions) of the exhaust back boxes 😀

Good luck with it Penguin 👍

16 hours ago, boydeee said:

Fantastic! Enjoy sir. And don't leave this forum please. It's much better than the R owner club one 😉

But they don’t have MPG threads 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

But they don’t have MPG threads 😂

Penguin you need to update that grey Superb photo to the Fabia or the Golf and change the other bit. Noticed that 6 speed Golf R's have a 55 litre tank but the later 7 speed DSG cars have the smaller 50 litre tank. Research shows hatch weighs 1,408kg with the manual box and 1,430kg with the 6 speed DSG box. Surprised to see the 7 speed DSG Estate R weighs 1,575kg. Funnily it has the same 39.8mpg combined figure as the 272 hatch and almost identical emissions at 162gm/km. The hatch Golf R must get stolen more as they are in Group 39 whereas the estate is only Group 34.

On 15/05/2020 at 09:05, penguin17 said:

Imposter! 

696E6D0D-9744-4242-BA0A-0F6BC634476A.jpeg

Very nice!

Was considering getting a Mk7 Golf R but the hefty insurance premiums and the 'nickability' put me off. The sheer size of the Superb, plus the 'boring' looks to most swayed the decision.

Definitely looks best in white with the standard wheels IMO - so good choice. 😃

28 minutes ago, Rantzzz said:

Does anyone have a set of Triglav wheels from the Kodiaq on their superb? Please post! Thinking of getting them on lol

Not sure, it will match. Triglav are 7Jx19 ET43, whereas Superb 19" wheels are 8Jx19 ET44.

23 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

It's actually the second fastest as the 560bhp sleeper featured in Briskoda did 0-60mph in 2.9 seconds whereas this 530bhp car takes 3.3 seconds to 62mph (100kph).:happy:Watch the LLF video about the quick one.:thumbup:

You can tell him to stop making wild accusations then lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rantzzz said:

I might be wrong but aren’t these Triglav wheels?! Please take a look at the picture I just found 

40A7C271-F28A-417B-8038-E1B87D8C349A.jpeg

As @shyVRS245 said, these are Vega wheels. They look like the Triglav, but they aren't.

Take a close look to both. On Triglav, the machine parts have a Y-shape, where they have a V-shape... Quite subtle, I give it to you! ;) 

Edited by Bap33

17 hours ago, ChrisCh said:

Very nice!

Was considering getting a Mk7 Golf R but the hefty insurance premiums and the 'nickability' put me off. The sheer size of the Superb, plus the 'boring' looks to most swayed the decision.

Definitely looks best in white with the standard wheels IMO - so good choice. 😃

Sorry, methinks that Limestone Grey (AKA Resale Grey...) with the 18"std. Cadiz wheels looks better. It really is a sleeper..... 

(I don't own one of these, but SWMBO does... We selected the colour & wheels to keep it invisible but spent £8K on options inside the car instead...)

FWIW I own a Tornado Red hatch, on the optional 19" wheels & it's not a sleeper at all...

Just to confuse everyone, I still prefer my old Superb as a daily, 'tis cheaper to run, much quieter & attracts zero attention.   

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Found some polish in the garage so after 2 hours detailing the Black Magic paint really sparkles now. Time for an ice cream.

D4795D50-103A-4FDA-BB51-7D012D879487.jpeg

F6F30C81-EC53-431F-B2D4-AB783DB1DA7B.jpeg

Same colour as mine....that looks well shiney 😄  What polish/applicator have you used?  I'm reading up on all of this stuff at the minute...it's hard going, so much to read and so little time!

• Thanks 1

Armor All shield easy to apply with sponge provided and buff with the microfibre also in the box. Think I got it for free with Auto Express subscription deal.

E27A7A9F-EF94-4F79-B0F3-AFDF3C80E7C1.jpeg

Edited by shyVRS245
spelling mistake