VCDS options on Superb III

Does anyone know  once the acoustic confirmation is activated on a car without alarm so the confirmation tone comes from the horn, can the horn strength changed like make it a very quick short bip instead of the standard beep?

which channels can't be recorded back in A5?

Sadly I do not remember currently, but I think that there are two add. channels problematic.

Does anyone know  once the acoustic confirmation is activated on a car without alarm so the confirmation tone comes from the horn, can the horn strength changed like make it a very quick short bip instead of the standard beep?

There is a setting for that, but according to my experience it does not work with a horn, so the answer is no, you are stuck with really loud sound.

(3)-Acknowledgement signals-Dauer der Akustischen Rueckmeldung vom Einfachhorn,kurz

Are there any news regarding the road sign recognition WITHOUT navigation? I tried to code it in my car (which has Bolero), and it worked as it should - apart from the error message in the MaxiDOT at startup. Has anyone succeeded to remove this warning? It must be a matter of coding somewhere, so the camera only uses its internal database, and does not look for nav-data.

Using VCP Activator go to Filemanager and then just download the file

superb_decklid_5q0959107g_autoclose_test.zdc

then upload to the 6D parameter set
DATA_PART_720D_LIMO

or for wagon

DATA_PART_720D_Kombi

That's it. The only con is you must hold the button all the time the lid is closing.

Edited by Enriquez

Sadly I do not remember currently, but I think that there are two add. channels problematic.

There is a setting for that, but according to my experience it does not work with a horn, so the answer is no, you are stuck with really loud sound.

(3)-Acknowledgement signals-Dauer der Akustischen Rueckmeldung vom Einfachhorn,kurz

Thanks, i find mine is already Kurz (short)  except inside my garage, outside its fine but is there a way i can just install the alarm siren without the full alarm system and just use the chirp sound? 

DATA_PART_720D_LIMO

or for wagon

DATA_PART_720D_Kombi

That's it. The only con is you must hold the button all the time the lid is closing.

VCDS cant do this is because you need to modify the factory coding? and VCDS only allows to select from factory allowed list which doesnt have close function? is this correct? 

This is not clear for me as well, however it is not coding or adaptation. It's something like parametrization in the same way as You unlock Video In Motion. Some memory cell needs to be modified ant that's it. VCDS has an philosophy not touch anythng deep or dangerous. This is safety reason not to enable it by factory, so I'm not expect VCDS will do it at all in the future.

Not vcds, but Vag Can Pro. Rear LiD opening from inside.

That's great.

Did you maybe experience some unwanted side symptoms as for example disappearing Green Menu when activating VIM?

Edited by mtl

Thanks, i find mine is already Kurz (short)  except inside my garage, outside its fine but is there a way i can just install the alarm siren without the full alarm system and just use the chirp sound? 

I think not, because to use alarm siren also alarm should be activated (I am guessing this one), which would result in trouble codes if everything is not installed.

No. Maybe the reason is that my green menu is disappearing little time before, during making VIM last month :)

They are working on to fix it.

I didn't mean if you lost Green menu because of electrict trunk ''fix'' but if you have maybe experiencee some other side symptoms?

Is it possible to revert back to factory configuration?

• 3 weeks later...

DATA_PART_720D_LIMO

or for wagon

DATA_PART_720D_Kombi

Enriques, could I use this file for this 6D control modules: 5Q0 959 107 J?

Edited by dimp

I'm new to coding / adaptations but I do have an up to date VCDS. So I've done a couple of changes, the relevant one being the activation of road sign recognition. That seems to work fine, however I've noticed that since I did this the windscreen wipers no longer come on automatically in rain. The option is still ticked in the infotainment menu. Is this related to my changes? If so, is there a way to have both road sign recognition and rain sensing?

2016 TSI 280 L&K estate.

I activated TSR on my MY16 L&K without issues and still have auto wipers.

Ok thanks, I'll go through the setting again. It hasn't rained much but before, it seemed like a small amount of drizzle would set the wipers going.