VCDS options on Superb III

I did not have a chance to test this on Superb 3 yet, but on Passat B8 it did not work.

Not looking good also for Superb 3 then. :no:

Oh... I really hope it does though! Please keep us posted?

I did not have a chance to test this on Superb 3 yet, but on Passat B8 it did not work.

Not looking good also for Superb 3 then. :no:

I have tried Bit 4 ‘Locking for Door Slamming active’ but without success, not had chance to see if anything else needs to be activated as well yet though and I may be another week and a half before I get chance.

Can the eyelashes be coded to come on as part of DRLs?

I think Gizmo mentioned somewhere that the eyelashes are always on with the DRLs if you have a car with SLA equipped? Or do the eyelashes only come on for SLA equipped cars when the dipped beams are on?

Eyelashes are not on with DRL.

It should not be a problem to use them as DRL.

Not sure if it is because my rear DRL's have been coded to come on (as I coded them from new) but the 'eyelashes' are certainly on with just my DRL's.

Not sure if it is because my rear DRL's have been coded to come on (as I coded them from new) but the 'eyelashes' are certainly on with just my DRL's.

These two are not connected (if you used my instruction for DRL activation). But it could be related with regional market factory setting ;). In Slovenia they are not turned on with DRL's. Check this video (and the car in the video has rear lights activated as DRL's):

Edited by mtl

Post in the VCDS Forum is as follows:

Enabling rear lights with DRLs

Controller 09 - Central Electronics

16 - Security Access - enter 31347

10 - Adaptations

(6)-Daytime running lights-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht - change to active

This will enable parking lights (sidelights, rear lights, number plate lights and dash illumination)

As is stated above if parking lights are activated in DRLs and eyelashes are on with parking lights it would follow what Gizmo68 says. Unless there is another way to enable rear DRL without activating parking lights mtl?

Edited by l4wrence

This is the ''easiest'' way to turn on the rear DRL-s, but I do not like it, because also license plate lights are turned on and I think (not 100% sure) also front parking lights.

Better way is to manually add DRL function ONLY to rear lights. That way only front DRLs and rear lights are turned on as DRL.

Edited by mtl

I am 99% certain that I checked the eyelashes were lit when the car was delivered (obviously before i coded the rear DRL’s) and they were lit, as this was the easiest way to check if SLA was fitted.

I hear what you say about the number plate lights, not sure what you mean by front parking lights though (dimmed down front DRL’s??) my front DRL’s are full brightness and i prefer the dash to be lit up all the time which AIUI you do not get unless it is coded the way I did mine (with the rear number plate lights)

I am 99% certain that I checked the eyelashes were lit when the car was delivered (obviously before i coded the rear DRL’s) and they were lit, as this was the easiest way to check if SLA was fitted.

I hear what you say about the number plate lights, not sure what you mean by front parking lights though (dimmed down front DRL’s??) my front DRL’s are full brightness and i prefer the dash to be lit up all the time which AIUI you do not get unless it is coded the way I did mine (with the rear number plate lights)

I understand, this is completelly depends on your personal preferences. I always offer both options to my customers: until now all have gone for my suggested option.

• Like 1

My l&k 150 hatch is due in 5 weeks and although i love tec and am very lt literate I do not have tbe cable or confidence to reprogram vcds does anyone know anyone they could recomend doing mine in the Andover or Camberly areas any help apreciated

Russell take a look at the VCDS owners map (link in my signature) just ask them if they have coded a MQB platform car. (It's not the end of the world if they have not .... providing they are an experienced user of VCDS)

• Like 1

Typically what do members charge for VCDS coding? I'd like several options sorted on my new Superb.

There is no ‘typical’ fee, anything from free, ‘a drink’ to £30 seems to be the norm though, a lot depends on the time taken.

Personally I do it for ‘a drink’ therefore leaving it to the owner to decide how much it is worth to them (I have given money back when I consider their offer too much)

Just bear in mind a dealer will typically charge around £70 for just a scan, some codings they will not entertain, those they will do are usually free if done on the PDI,

• Like 1

I haven’t forgot ... just not had much time lately, hoping to get some time tomorrow??

The auto door locking (door slam) has been coded for a couple of weeks but does not work, but not had time to recheck the coding yet.

• Like 1