VCDS options on Superb III

I have tried Bit 4 ‘Locking for Door Slamming active’ but without success, not had chance to see if anything else needs to be activated as well yet though and I may be another week and a half before I get chance.

OK I have now got this working .... BUT the mirrors do not fold in when the car locks.

• Like 1

OK I have now got this working .... BUT the mirrors do not fold in when the car locks.

Great, though according to experience with Octavia if using this function also:

- fuel cap does not lock

- factory alarm is not armed

So check all these things.

You can fold the mirrors, lock the fuel cap and also arm the alarm (for this one I am not 100% sure) by locking the car as usual.

Edited by mtl

Good point!

Fuel cap is locked  :thumbup:

However the dead locks and alarm are both not activated!  :thumbdown:

As you pointed out, locking the car (again) by touching the door handle (KESSY) the car dead locks, alarm arms and the mirrors fold. 

• Like 2

Good point!

Fuel cap is locked  :thumbup:

However the dead locks and alarm are both not activated!  :thumbdown:

As you pointed out, locking the car (again) by touching the door handle (KESSY) the car dead locks, alarm arms and the mirrors fold.

Nothing's ever simple is it, defeats the whole object if you have to touch the door handle to arm the car.

I was looking to invest in getting the VCDS capability to use on my Brothers Mk3 Octavia VRS TSI and my Mk3 Superb when it comes, however with all the hassle that seasoned users are experiencing I think that I'll kick that idea into touch and either wait until Carista catches up or take it to a pro when all the wrinkles are ironed out.

Thanks for updating the thread Giz. With the Foglights as ch/lh coding, is it the same as the Octy's? Or is there a different coding for the MK3 Superb?

Someone on our forum - Skoda Klub Slovenija (I thinks it is also member on Briskoda) posted this video:

I don't know if this was already on forum but anyway I will post it also in here.

STG 09 central electrics
Access authorization: 31347
Adaptation

(31) -Innenlicht 2nd Generation-Red value Color 1
(32) -Innenlicht 2nd Generation Green value Color 1
(33) -Innenlicht 2nd Generation Blue value Color 1

Default values - (RGB):

- Color 1 (warm white): 160/167/18
- Color 2 (green): 58/245/4
- Color 3 (Blue): 20/170/254

Some of other colers (RGB):
- red (255/0/0/)
- orange (255/170/20)
- warm white (255/170/30)
- cold white (130/220/100)

Thanks to @svizec

• Like 3

I will also add this here (again maybe there was also post about that):

Tested and working on our Superb - the post before wasn't tested (yet) by me.

Disable orange LED / Light at mode option

Select STG 09 (vehicle power)
STG coding -> function 07
Byte 15
Disable Bit 7

Someone on our forum - Skoda Klub Slovenija (I thinks it is also member on Briskoda) posted this video:

I don't know if this was already on forum but anyway I will post it also in here.

STG 09 central electrics

Access authorization: 31347

Adaptation

(31) -Innenlicht 2nd Generation-Red value Color 1

(32) -Innenlicht 2nd Generation Green value Color 1

(33) -Innenlicht 2nd Generation Blue value Color 1

Default values - (RGB):

- Color 1 (warm white): 160/167/18

- Color 2 (green): 58/245/4

- Color 3 (Blue): 20/170/254

Some of other colers (RGB):

- red (255/0/0/)

- orange (255/170/20)

- warm white (255/170/30)

- cold white (130/220/100)

Thanks to @svizec

I was just in the process of writing this up as I have also changed mine!

And will that make the SLA eyelashes light up too? I think I will code the DRLs so the eyelashes are always lit up like you said

Yes the DRL’s and eyelashes also light up with the foglights. 

So you can have additional colours in the Ambient Lighting by coding it on VCDS?? Anyone in the South of Ireland who can do this for me??????

Cheers Gizmo, will do, I hate that warm white colour, it's pretty pointless seeing as the dials & buttons are a 'cool' white so surely that would have made more sense..... or Red!

Correct, you can still only have 3 colours, but now YOU can choose what they are.

The LEDs are clearly capable of showing the full spectrum so why Skoda insist on limiting this to three basic colours is beyond me. My 2012 Mini Cooper had a toggle switch to change the ambient lighting colour shown in the door pockets, door handles, C pillar and submarine downlighters. You just held the switch until the desired colour arrived then changed the brightness to suit. Simply clever I'd say.

Edited by Pete T

Just ordered OEM VCDS Micro-Can from Gendan.co.uk. So now I just need the car...

I have had to "chinese" VCDS cables in the past. Neither of them has worked perfect, and could of course not receive any updates. And since the Superb requires the latest version, there was only one thing to do...

Don't try to code new Superb (or Passat, etc...) with "chinese" type of cable. :o

In 15.7. version (first one that supports new Superb) there is nasty bug that was quickly resolved in original update but it is still present in "chinese" cables. Bug removes nearly all existing assistance systems from your car. Only solution is to get some with original cable to manually code them back. 

Edited by IgorDeLuxe

Since we are not using clone cables, we do not have this problem (anymore).

Exactly! One of the reasons I ordered an original VCDS cable.