VCDS options on Superb III

On 02.05.2018 at 11:27, axd1152 said:

The only problem with this method is that after you can lock/unlock car using only remote control. But, KESSY - "keyless access system" still doesn't work. It would've been great if that worked as well. I hate getting my remote key fob out of my pocket open/lock the car with running engine when I have keyless entry option in the car. 

I was suggested to use the coding below to activate Kessy when engine is running by octavia club members. But, unfortunately they don't have 4-th bit in the 0 byte in octavias. Can anyone with vcds check if we have it in superb?

Block B7 – Long coding – Byte 0, bit 4 – activate (please check if there is bit 4 in byte 0 of block b7 in our superb)

On my MY18 L&K I've successfully coded up traffic sign assist, offroad display and stopping tailgate beep, however the High Beam Assist has me stumped.

In the note's  on the pinned adaptations  page it talks of:

Controller 09 - Central Electronics;  10 - Adaptations;  (2) Assistant light functions - Menu light assistant  - Change to Present

When I browse in vcds I dont see this option.   The nearest guess I could think of is:

5aec6c248d26c_Untitledpicture.png.2e0430cfcaca2d68d3265709654b0247.png

When I look at the next step it suggests:  07 - Coding; Byte 3, Bit 2 aanvinken

I don't have anything like that listed and there's multiple data options 

Can anyone supply advice or guidance for this??   Thanks

14 hours ago, nodigital said:

On my MY18 L&K I've successfully coded up traffic sign assist, offroad display and stopping tailgate beep, however the High Beam Assist has me stumped.

In the note's  on the pinned adaptations  page it talks of:

Controller 09 - Central Electronics;  10 - Adaptations;  (2) Assistant light functions - Menu light assistant  - Change to Present

When I browse in vcds I dont see this option.   The nearest guess I could think of is:

When I look at the next step it suggests:  07 - Coding; Byte 3, Bit 2 aanvinken

I don't have anything like that listed and there's multiple data options 

Can anyone supply advice or guidance for this??   Thanks

I see u have vcds, can u please check if we have this bit in superb? Full message is above urs.

Block B7 – Long coding – Byte 0, bit 4 – activate (please check if there is bit 4 in byte 0 of block b7 in our superb)

3 hours ago, axd1152 said:

I see u have vcds, can u please check if we have this bit in superb? Full message is above urs.

In Controller 07; Coding 07 I see a drop down which presents three sets of values so I dont understand what Block B7 is ???

Capture1.PNG.092c55ac31b61563800ce272e94ad08b.PNG

Capture2.PNG.3c333d677bfaceacd458d961756ed84d.PNGCapture3.PNG.c34b06cf63396ff694681f3de22d2393.PNG

1 hour ago, nodigital said:

In Controller 07; Coding 07 I see a drop down which presents three sets of values so I dont understand what Block B7 is ???

Can you try:

Controller 07 -> Coding -> Long coding -> press lcode2, a new window will open up with all the bytes. In byte 0 find bit 4.

And thank you very much for trying!!!

Edited by axd1152

this is what i used to active HBA. Hope it helps....

Activating High beam assist

Controller 09 - Central Electronics

16 - Security Access - enter 31347

10 - Adaptations

Go to:

(2) Assistant light functions - Menu light assistant         

Change to Present

ENG10578-ENG116637-Fernlicht_assistent-Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent adapted from "Not Present" to "present"
ENG10578-ENG116641-Fernlicht_assistent-Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent Werkseinstellung adapted from "Not Present" to "present"

ENG10578-ENG10901-Fernlicht_assistent-Erweiterte_Fernlichtsteuerung - AFS: BCM-Fernlicht Erweiterte_Fernlichtsteuerung auf "AFS: FLA: BCM-Fernlicht" setzen

07 - Coding 

Byte 3, Check/Tick Bit 2

Controller A5 (Front / front view camera)

07 - Coding

Byte 21

Change to High Beam Assist or change to "20"

Address A5
3Q0 980 654 G
recoded (Long Coding) from
0204080200000401002223508040A80090000E100000 to
0204080200000401002223508040A80090000E100020

You also need to change:

Controller 09 - Central Electronics

07 - Coding

Byte 2 Bit 0-2. Change to 03

OK, so controller 09 adaptations all good.  controller A5, 07 coding good.   The problem I hit is controller 09 and the 07 coding for byte 3, bit 2.   When i go into the coding I see:

image.thumb.png.cd650719b56942746913f9cbeea08874.png

In the second dialog dropdown that says '0 - 5Q... etc', the other options are shown in my previous post.   Shows that its not supported, hence "07 Coding, byte 3 bit 2" doesnt make sense to me. 

Edited by nodigital

On 2.5.2018 at 22:53, Enriquez said:

It does, because old method is not working any more.

Of course it will. The initial test doesn't relate to this light functions

On 5/8/2018 at 20:35, GaSelle said:

All coding is in the adaption channels on new BCM’s. 

So, if that's the case, I am missing a setting somewhere.   I have 

Controller 09, Adaptations 10:

ENG10578-ENG116637-Fernlicht_assistent-Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent adapted from "Not Present" to "present"
ENG10578-ENG116641-Fernlicht_assistent-Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent Werkseinstellung adapted from "Not Present" to "present"

ENG10578-ENG10901-Fernlicht_assistent-Erweiterte_Fernlichtsteuerung - AFS: BCM-Fernlicht Erweiterte_Fernlichtsteuerung auf "AFS: FLA: BCM-Fernlicht" setzen

And Controller A%, Coding 07:

Byte 21 - Change to High Beam Assist or change to "20"

Are there any other 09 adaptations needed?

Thanks

Nodigital, 

Unless I miss my guess, you have a Controller 4B Multifunction Module.  If so, you need to do the following, in addition to what you have already done;

Controller 4B

Coding 07

Byte 11, Bit 6 ->Enable High Beam Assistance

You may get an error regarding Headlight Range Control or Cornering Light, go to Controller 4B, Basic Settings

--Select 'Basic Headlamp Setting' -> Go

--Select 'Acknowledge Basic Setting' -> Go

It worked for me in a MY18 Superb in Australia.

6 minutes ago, Rubberknuckle said:

Nodigital, One more thing I just noticed.  Do you have LED headlights?

Superb does not offer option for LED headlights, only LED DRL.
I expect to get them with facelift.

Ok good. 

I have one issue left to solve; when I select high beam manually, in the garage, the cornering light feature is disabled on the Columbus screen.

Edited by Rubberknuckle
I forgot a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24.04.2018 at 22:12, MartiniB said:

what adaptations can enable do leaving Bi-Xenon in auto mode when front fogs are turned on?

when mode `Auto`
-> Daylight Running Light = On
-> Bi-Xenon = Automatic, depends on ambient light
-> Front Fogs = Off

when mode `Auto` + `Fogs` On
-> Daylight Running Light = On
-> Bi-Xenon = Always On, i would prefer Automatic here
-> Front Fogs = On

Hi, did u find solution for this?

4 hours ago, MartiniB said:

^^^

just compromise:

added Fogs to DRL,

now Fogs are always On at daytime, but becomes dark when Bi-Xenon turned on by `Auto`

So, now u can't turn off fogs at day time when the switch is at auto mode? Or u still can turn off them at daytime using switch at auto mode?

13 hours ago, axd1152 said:

So, now u can't turn off fogs at day time when the switch is at auto mode?

yes, Fogs all day on,

but i like that better than single fog comes on and off on each turn cause corner light doesn't care is there darkness or daylight

38 minutes ago, reedfarmer said:

Having fog lights on with no reduced visibility is illegal? see http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/regulation/27/made

Certainly in the UK, where it's also generally the hallmark of a boy-racing oik, but to be fair it may be entirely legal/normal in Kazakhstan where the poster is.