BT Broadband and the Call centres! LOL

ChrisRs

Don't know if this is familiar to others.....

My Broadband went off at the weekend due, I believe, to the thunderstorm

I found a number on my Phone...4G...and discovered that there was an outage

I checked back later and it worked again..but was slow

It then kept dropping out lots of times..several resets of the Hub, did nothing...(I know what to do...Had an outage several months ago)

So.....I rang BT and was dealt with by an Indian lady who attempted to tell me that the Hub needed resetting despite the fact that that I had done this many times

"What Hub is it please?" ...Its a Hub 3....I tried in vain to tell her all this started after a Thunderstorm, she appeared to ignore this and did lots of line testing

She came back and said that there was no problem in your area and I had full megawottsits entering my house, the Hub must be faulty

She then started to tell me she would send me a new Hub5 if I paid for a new contract because it had expired

At this, I began to get angry..I said that it has not expired at all and I would NOT be paying for a new Hub

She made me wait a few minutes and came back to tell me they would send out a new hub free of charge..."Goodbye"  ...as quick as that..LOL

I rang the original number I used at the weekend and discovered that Engineers were working on a problem at the exchange and it would be fixed asap...WTF!!!

To cut a long story short....Broadband is working fine again with no issues...and the new Hub is coming today to replace the Faulty good Hub 3

Don't you just love BT!!

Oh man BT, that is exactly why I binned them off.  Along with any other service provider who conducts their customer service from 4000 miles away.  AVIVA (India) wanted to send workmen to fix my house from Glasgow to Elgin daily (I mean they're both in Scotland right?) - about 5 hours each way in a van!!.

Back on topic - BT do have UK customer service numbers they just don't publicise them - if you are having awful trouble with India they sometimes give you a UK call centre number - write it down and use it as a first point of contact in future ;)

• Like 1

The people in the call centres read the diagnostic from a piece of paper in front of them so as soon as you say BROADBAND they quote word for word from it.

The BT that handles the internet sales and phones is actually a different company to the BT that handle the lines and network infrastructure. You'd think they'd share information between each other..... Obviously not!

I despise Indian call centres, I'd quite happily pay more for a service and be put through to an English speaking one.

I had problems last night with my EE Signal booster as we get very little mobile phone signal in the house

I was asked the same questions by there Tech 1 team, the Tech 2 team, team three and team 4.  With the problem not sorted Tech team 5 are ringing me later to sort the problem.  I asked the Tech team bloke why have Team 1, 2, 3.  Go straight to team 4.  Wonder how many Tech teams EE have    :notme:

Don't know if this is familiar to others.....

My Broadband went off at the weekend due, I believe, to the thunderstorm

I found a number on my Phone...4G...and discovered that there was an outage

I checked back later and it worked again..but was slow

It then kept dropping out lots of times..several resets of the Hub, did nothing...(I know what to do...Had an outage several months ago)

So.....I rang BT and was dealt with by an Indian lady who attempted to tell me that the Hub needed resetting despite the fact that that I had done this many times

"What Hub is it please?" ...Its a Hub 3....I tried in vain to tell her all this started after a Thunderstorm, she appeared to ignore this and did lots of line testing

She came back and said that there was no problem in your area and I had full megawottsits entering my house, the Hub must be faulty

She then started to tell me she would send me a new Hub4 if I paid for a new contract because it had expired

At this, I began to get angry..I said that it has not expired at all and I would NOT be paying for a new Hub

She made me wait a few minutes and came back to tell me they would send out a new hub free of charge..."Goodbye"  ...as quick as that..LOL

I rang the original number I used at the weekend and discovered that Engineers were working on a problem at the exchange and it would be fixed asap...WTF!!!

To cut a long story short....Broadband is working fine again with no issues...and the new Hub is coming today to replace the Faulty good Hub 3

Don't you just love BT!!

You would have done better ringing Lee01 on Briskoda, he's a BT Engineer

My Infinity 2 and HomeHub5 from day 1 and over a year kept dropping and resetting itself after it appeared to crash etc etc. I have recorded over 8 hours of calls to those choppers in India and NEVER EVER did a thing. Ombudsman is involved now as a result. BT refused a letter of deadlock to let me take it to them as such and said as a blank statement "we don't give those out" and "we WON'T give those out". That's ok I said as the floor manager swore at me and I along with the ombudsman consider that a valid breakdown in communication! 

It was a fresh install days after I moved in, I had issues with the install as cable to the master socket was hammed in through the wall essentially flattening the cable pinching it so much at one point. Then all my issues of it cutting out made streaming movies etc impossible. They refused to send a new HH5 and said an engineer must visit but I must accept the terms of the visit being a £150 charge 'if' said engineer doesn't find a problem. As it had never worked from day 1 and it took over a year of calls and complaints to get to this stage all the while me paying keeping my end of the contract up for a service they were not providing, I said "I will not accept the possibility of any charges". This sent the Indians into melt down, I explained that I felt any charge under any circumstances was not appropriate in my case and I politely refused. This resulted in being read the scrip and asked to accept the charge again and again and again and again and again (this takes up about 5 hours of calls. I asked to speak to someone who could make that decision and got a floor manager who just said the same thing. As she was being cheeky and rude getting more and more annoyed at me saying no I still don't agree to it. I said if you are not given the power to wave the call out charge thats fine, just pass me over to someone who can. To which she then believed she was the CEO of BT and no one on earth could do so if she couldn't and swore at me (all recorded). 

Today my internet has been working fine for a couple of months with no issues. LOTS of people in the county had similar issues and all of them got fobbed off the same way. There must have been a fault and it has now been rectified. I went through UK call centres who were much more helpful and they in turn with regards to a defect installation inspection contacted BT Openreach to contact me and arrange a visit to inspect the installation to check it was ok. I pointed out that I would like to redecorate and the socket will need to be removed from the wall while doing so and with the cable to badly pinched I was afraid it would go totally and they would then require me to pay to have the same CHIMP come out and fix it. Openreach have failed to contact me or visit on 6 occasions now where I have been assured and promised they will and on each occasion after they have failed to before. 

BT with the BT Sport change in terms recently I called and said cancel BT sports totally please I don't want the new 'lite' one and I don't want to pay more for the current/new one thanks. They instead of cancelling it put me on the new lite one which I didn't do as it required me to agree to a new contract for BT Sport alone which is a rolling 1 month one and conflicted with when I could cancel my entire bt package at end of 18 month contract...... As well they overcharged me on my last bill for BT Sports when I should never have paid a penny. 

I personally hope that BT as a ship sinks like the Titanic, it's policies alone with its staff have all been CHIMPS in my experience. I have been ripped off paying £50 a month for a service I never received. They knew about it immediately and never lifted a finger to help. 

TalkTalk are even worse than BT. I'm stuck in an 18 month contract with them since agreeing to have their YouView service - which doesn't work properly - so now I'm paying for Sky as well (half-price of course)(every cloud...)

My service is with PlusNet. No problems at all ~50mB download, 13mb upload. English call centres (0800 number) . Strange really cause they are a wholly owned BT subsidiary.

Recently, after I bought a new router & couldn't get it to work, I phoned PlusNet Tech support & they called me back & spent a good half hour talking me through the configuration. Brilliant service.

Dad had an issue with BT - the BT vision box wouldn't record correctly, it would miss the start and then miss the end, never recording a full programme.

They didn't even swap out the boxes, just offered Dad the option to leave IF he paid the balance of the contract. He refused and escalated to CS Manager who said fine, nothing to pay,v released contract and he's gone back to Sky.

I left BT broadband last year after endless problems inc a faulty hub that took 3 weeks to get replaced (1st order vanished they said,2nd was delivered they said & signed for.....er not by me it wasnt......3rd one finally arrived & was left on my rear door step) & i had lots of problems with the advisors & the internet connection & strength,i changed to sky broadband & all the issues went away......muppets! 

My service is with PlusNet. No problems at all ~50mB download, 13mb upload. English call centres (0800 number) . Strange really cause they are a wholly owned BT subsidiary.

Recently, after I bought a new router & couldn't get it to work, I phoned PlusNet Tech support & they called me back & spent a good half hour talking me through the configuration. Brilliant service.

PlusNet here too - was a little suspicious after them being bought by BT but they are very good, have been impressed by their tech support - friendly and knowledgable. When I moved house the BTNI engineer left without the FTTC working, saying 'must be PlusNet's fault', but between us we troubleshooted the issue and worked out it was BT's end, not my kit or PlusNet. Next BT engineer turned up, looked at the modem, said 'not BT' and left after 2 mins (I was out at the time) and PN were very good at chasing it up for me with BTNI. Third engineer actually investigated and discovered someone at BT hadn't set up the FTTC order properly.

Hopefully BT will continue to leave them alone operationally.

TalkTalk are even worse than BT. I'm stuck in an 18 month contract with them since agreeing to have their YouView service - which doesn't work properly - so now I'm paying for Sky as well (half-price of course)(every cloud...)

Have to agree with you. Worst broadband customer service I've ever experienced. It's cheap for a good reason.

One reason I am glad I went to Virgin Media - I don't have the issues with problems on the phone line and whose fault it is as I had had  in the past with Sky (was it Sky, BT or Openreach?)

Now it is simple - if the broadband goes it is VM that get the call and deal with it!

The BT that handles the internet sales and phones is actually a different company to the BT that handle the lines and network infrastructure. You'd think they'd share information between each other..... Obviously not!

I despise Indian call centres, I'd quite happily pay more for a service and be put through to an English speaking one.

They're not allowed any special arrangement to share information - Openreach has to treat BT retail as though it was any other supplier. 

Been with PlusNet now for 14 years, and always had brilliant service from them. Moved house several times without probs, and for the latest move I signed up to their landline service as well. Long may they be able to act separately from their owners!

There's no wonder my dividends aren't what they should be lol.

And my pension annual increases less than inflation :notme:

Seroiusly- when you get this obvious script reading -hang up, dial again and INSIST on talking to a manager. Then if not satisfied- hang up and find the "I'm leaving BT" OPTION ON THE MENU. I found it mostly directs you to a UK agent, who I've found will get you through to a UK technical centre. I've found with both BT and Virgin ,that Agent India only wants to get rid of you to get the caller rate up.

Latest:

I found it strange that I had never had an eMail with a tracking number for the Parcel (New Hub5)

I managed to get onto Live Chat...Lo and behold, there was no record of the Hub ever being ordered, despite the fact that they could see the record of my conversation from the other day!

I almost told her to stuff their contract, but she assured me that it would be with me within 24 hours

So I said ok

She gave me an order and tracking number..so when I had said' Goodbye', I checked the numbers to discover it would be delivered on 2nd Sept!!

Great!! I'm on holiday next week!!

I've had similar issues trying to get a faulty hub swapped - quite a painful experience having to go through pointless tests that you know are going to make no difference at all.

Same here.  Permanent red light on hub,  No self-test at switch-on.  Reset button inactive.  Obvious hub fault.  Still had to go through pointless tests via India.

To be fair to BT, an engineer visited the following day.  He changed the hub and fitted an updated BT socket, which has vastly improved the reliability of wireless connection to the hub.

They're not allowed any special arrangement to share information - Openreach has to treat BT retail as though it was any other supplier. 

Actually, the communications between BT Internet and BT OpenReach are WORSE than those for other ISPs, but the issues all appear to be at the BT end.