Superb III Sportline

Lol, i can see flames everywhere,some people like sports looking car, u said scooty to get a merc amg or bmw m???... If they will sell this cars in same price i will get one of them, i cant afford audi rs6 but i want big fast family car and I love sporty looking cars, the only reason why i didn't go for vrs its a fact that this cars don't have 4x4.

• Like 1

Forgive me for asking, in what way is an L & K  a bit basic?

Although it is supposed to be the luxury top end model it still uses the same cheap carpets etc as the basic models, especially in the boot.

In fact most of the interior is no different to the cheapest in the range, an embossed L&K here and there is not really enough.

No extra trim on the outside, even the top range headlights are not included you have to order them as an option.

Same cheap looking and feeling steering wheel ( I changed mine it was so bad!)

Just could be a lot more luxurious than it is and a lot different to the lower spec models.

Lol, i can see flames everywhere,some people like sports looking car, u said scooty to get a merc amg or bmw m???... If they will sell this cars in same price i will get one of them, i cant afford audi rs6 but i want big fast family car and I love sporty looking cars, the only reason why i didn't go for vrs its a fact that this cars don't have 4x4.

You can on the Octavia VRS but 4x4 is only available on the 184PS Diesel.

I do agree that they specced the SEL and L&K to close,forget the waste of time t.v on the L&K,costly on other models as an option,wrap the dash in leather instead,would have cost the same as the t.v,and rather than the soft touch vinyl on the doors,some nice alacantra,that would have really lifted the ambience and given the interior the lift the L&K deserves.my mini clubvan has the leather wrapped dash,an expensive option but well classy,and thats a van!! Dont think the carpets are too bad.also,as i have said before,the base of the tailgate needs a passat/audi A6 chrome strip to give it a lift.(pic of my octy with one fitted that i got from skoda,dont do for the superb,bizzare!) Provided.still more than happy with my choice though.kevin.

• Like 1

Although it is supposed to be the luxury top end model it still uses the same cheap carpets etc as the basic models, especially in the boot.

In fact most of the interior is no different to the cheapest in the range, an embossed L&K here and there is not really enough.

No extra trim on the outside, even the top range headlights are not included you have to order them as an option.

Same cheap looking and feeling steering wheel ( I changed mine it was so bad!)

Just could be a lot more luxurious than it is and a lot different to the lower spec models.

Thanks.

The headlights option, would that be the Smart Light Assist @ £100?

As for material & trim quality, it's quite probable that Skoda are constrained by VW from offering the good stuff.

DC

Thanks.

The headlights option, would that be the Smart Light Assist @ £100?

As for material & trim quality, it's quite probable that Skoda are constrained by VW from offering the good stuff.

DC

That and the fact the world isn't ready for a £50,000 Skoda! 

People go off and spend £50k on Audis, Mercs and BMWs. Badge image still reigns supreme. 

• Like 2

That and the fact the world isn't ready for a £50,000 Skoda! 

People go off and spend £50k on Audis, Mercs and BMWs. Badge image still reigns supreme. 

Don't forget, a fully loaded L&K 280 Estate is well over £38k full price....not exactly cheap!

Don't forget, a fully loaded L&K 280 Estate is well over £38k full price....not exactly cheap!

Indeed. Mine was north of £36k, and some people I know have already raised eyebrows at the cost. It wasn't too long ago that people would have scoffed at spending £20k on a Skoda. 

The Superb L&K is the extreme end of the scale. Most people are spending less than £20k-25k on a Skoda. 

There are still plenty of people out there that scoff at a £25k Skoda, let alone a £50k Skoda 

Mine was £38,040 and I could easily have taken it over £40k with a few more extras and ordering the winter wheels and tyres at the same time.

An equivalent E class would have been 10k more and I don't think it would have been a much better car as Mercedes quality is not what it was.

Also, no 4x4 and no decent petrol engines unless you go for the AMG which is nearer 60K!

Perfectly happy with what I have bought but I do think that the L&K could be just that little bit different and that little bit better quality in some areas to the lower spec cars.

All that is needed is some extra trim etc on the outside and some better quality carpets and a better option than the plasticky piano black inserts in the dash, maybe a wood alternative.

Oh and a better choice of colours for the L&K, we know Skoda have over 60 you can choose from in CZ.

As was said, make the TV an option and spend that money on a little more luxury! (I still would have ordered the TV though!!)

Yes the top headlights are the '£100 Smart Light Assist' option, I ordered this but it was not fitted to my car, there seems to be some confusion at the factory on these as others have ordered and not got them.

Edited by philsmith

Again, I agree entirely.

And yes, the quality of the carpets is disappointing – especially as they have, in my view, been downgraded from the S2.

But the overall feel is still ‘luxurious’, and is that little bit extra together with a ‘premium’ brand really worth 10,15 or even 20k more? Not to me.

Besides, as said before, it’s the discreetness of the Superb - despite its bulk - that's so appealing. So sticking flashy 'sport' stuff all over would just undo that virtue. Leave that to the AMG, M and S heroes; they clearly have that need.

I know somebody that recently specced a Superb 190 DSG 4x4 L&K Combi fully loaded at over €60K !!That's a lot of money for any car regardless of badge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know somebody that recently specced a Superb 190 DSG 4x4 L&K Combi fully loaded at over €60K

Must have ticked every option box, some maybe twice! even then I don't see how he got it to that figure!

I would buy a sportline over a style if the spec/price was similar.  I like the way it looks and it doesn't have anything to do with speed, as I'm sure it will be available with engines other than the 280bhp petrol.  Just the same way BMW owners buy M sports and Audi S Lines it appeals to other tastes.  Plus it looks like the seats will be more supportive which is welcome on twisty country roads.

I know somebody that recently specced a Superb 190 DSG 4x4 L&K Combi fully loaded at over €60K !!That's a lot of money for any car regardless of badge

Must have ticked every option box, some maybe twice! even then I don't see how he got it to that figure!

Dont mis read the price above... its Ireland so euro.. not GBP.

But.. just done a price config and got to within 500 euro of €60k  around £46k GBP

http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/CarCard/80971757

Surprised on what kit is missing on the L&K in Ireland.

Edited by RickTT

But.. just done a price config and got to within 500 euro of €60k around £46k GBP

Yes I think with delivery etc it brings it over €60k. Sorry I meant to include the conversion for comparison but it's still a hell of a lot of money. All options were ticked I think. The L&K isn't as good value over here

• Like 1

Because I'm anal and boring with nothing better to do, I just configured  a 280 L&K Estate with every single available option on the configurator and it came to £42,020!....and that's just the car, not including extended warranties and servicing packs!!

What does that come to in sterling?

DC

Absolutely loving this...

I love my gen2 elegance estate but in all honesty I would have preferred a Vrs Octavian estate only it wasn't big enough for me. The sportier stance of the sport line and interior touches appeals to me, I'm early thirties with a young family. An nice spec and smart looking sport line with say 190bhp diesel 4x4 dsg and maybe a remap etc would be my perfect family work horse as I have some other classic cars which I can use as 'toys'

Will def be following these when or if they get a uk release

Would still hope they retain some comforts such as heated front seats and Columbus would be nice

Edited by M00k
  • Like 1

Because I'm anal and boring with nothing better to do, I just configured  a 280 L&K Estate with every single available option on the configurator and it came to £42,020!....and that's just the car, not including extended warranties and servicing packs!!

Well I'm probably equally as anal and just to take it to the extreme, I configured a 280 4x4 Combi Style (SE L) with every option ticked and in Ireland it comes to €64,500 - that's just over £50K sterling!!  The 280 is only available in Style over here therefore all the options (to get to L&K spec) you have to tick makes it even more expensive than the L&K.  That sort of money would get you a decent spec 3.0TDI A6!

Edited by Superb170

But.. just done a price config and got to within 500 euro of €60k  around £46k GBP

Should open my own Skoda dealership in Ireland.

Went through configurator, choosed the same car 190 L&K 4x4, ticked EVERY available option and got the pricetag of 48 825 EUR (£37 700):

http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/CarCard/80985778

Edited by linni