build/delivery times?

aernala

The dealer's just informed me my car has landed at UK port (though he didn't say which one) and handover should be 2-3 weeks away. Inching towards completion.....

They gave me my reg. number, so I can at least get insurance and GAP sorted.

I have ordered a Yeti Outdoor 1.2 TSI SE L DSG it was a 'stock' meaning already built but still outside the UK.

I was told it is now in one of the ports waiting the next shipment to the UK.

Any idea of how long it would take to get here?

Should be 2-3 weeks but dealer will be able to give you a better idea.

My dealer told me that the final bit of trim arrived and was fitted today. It now just needs to be valeted. Fingers crossed for delivery this weekend...

The dealer's just informed me my car has landed at UK port (though he didn't say which one) and handover should be 2-3 weeks away. Inching towards completion.....

They gave me my reg. number, so I can at least get insurance and GAP sorted.

That's interesting.

Our dealers get the vehicle unregistered and that is done as part of the PDI ( for which we pay hundreds of $A ) using 'trade-plates' to get to the nearest registration branch.

Do your dealers have their own supply of plates?

If you're delaying to get a latter plate, how do you calculate that?.

Dealers in the UK register new cars for customers before delivery from a list of allocated reg numbers they get from the licensing agency. I got my reg number a few weeks ago but haven't got a confirmed delivery date yet.

Dealers in the UK register new cars for customers before delivery from a list of allocated reg numbers they get from the licensing agency. I got my reg number a few weeks ago but haven't got a confirmed delivery date yet.

It'd be a long waiting game to be assured of a newer series plate I'd have thought.

Registrations are dated in the uk by adding the year of first registration as part of the vehicle registration number. These change twice a year in September & March so it's very easy to anticipate which "year" number you will have on your new car.

eg AA16ABC will refer to a car first registered from March to August 2016. AA15ABC = the same period of 2015.

The 2 letter prefix refers to the registration district, the 3 letter suffixes are issued randomly AAA, AAB, AAC.....  through to ZZY, ZZZ, usually with several gaps to prevent offensive words being shown.

The "half year" numbers are currently shown by adding a 6 in front of the second digit of the year, so AA65ABC would be a car registered from Sept 2015 to April 2016, AA64ABC was registered from Sept 2014 to April 2015.

It's so simple that most people understand the significance of the 15 or 16 regs, but a great number find the "half year" (64 or 65 etc) registrations confusing!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_the_United_Kingdom,_Crown_dependencies_and_overseas_territories

Edited by speedsport

The "half year" numbers are currently shown by adding a 6 in front of the second digit of the year

To be pedantic, you actually add 50 to the simple year to get the half year number. eg 03 + 50 = 53, 15 + 50 = 65, etc :-)

Edited by rriggs
  • Like 2

I placed an order for a 1.4 TSI L&K, with only metallic paint as a variation, last week.  I have been given week 15 (April 11th) as a build date.  There seems to be a wide variation, probably due to engine selected and trim level.

Curious times, but I can't wait to get my hands on it.  At least the weather should be better by then.

3 days in and the yeti is covered in snow and ice .

Great!!

1st chance to get the heated screen and seats into action.

Justified decision to specify the extras lol

Jack up the heating and bring it on

Edited by aernala

Shiny grey Yeti safely parked on my drive now. First impressions really good - looks great, leather's great, sat nav/DAB works well, FL sports steering wheel really nice but best off all it drives so well. Really smooth, quiet and plenty responsive enough for me. Xenons look great and puddle lights, folding mirrors, etc are just icing on the cake. Feels light years ahead of my old car in terms of build.

I'm a very happy chappie! :-)

Edited by rriggs
  • Like 3

Shiny grey Yeti safely parked on my drive now. First impressions really good - looks great, leather's great, sat nav/DAB works well, FL sports steering wheel really nice but best off all it drives so well. Really smooth, quiet and plenty responsive enough for me. Xenons look great and puddle lights, folding mirrors, etc are just icing on the cake. Feels light years ahead of my old car in terms of build.

I'm a very happy chappie! :-)

Congratulations . it's a great feeling isn't it.

I've had numerous new cars over the years but it's always great to be sitting behind the wheel of a new car.

• Like 1

just picked up the new car .trying to put up some pics but my files seem to be too big. ??

will try again later

meanwhile im very pleased with everything as you would expect. looking forward to the weekend when i can really get to grips with everything and get a good run out.

Does that make it just 10 and a half weeks from order to delivery?

Seems very quick given that SteveRawlinson in post #136 placed his order in week 2 and was told the car is in build week 15. Presumably you then need to add 2 weeks or so for delivery, so that would be 15 weeks in total from order to delivery.

I hope my new SM is as quick as aernala's

Edit

I hope my new SM's is delivered as quickly as aernala's :notme:

Edited by speedsport

Does that make it just 10 and a half weeks from order to delivery?

Seems very quick given that SteveRawlinson in post #136 placed his order in week 2 and was told the car is in build week 15. Presumably you then need to add 2 weeks or so for delivery, so that would be 15 weeks in total from order to delivery.

I hope my new SM is as quick as aernala's

Edit

I hope my new SM's is delivered as quickly as aernala's :notme:

Ordered at 10-30am ,31st October (Saturday morning)

First sighting on 9 th December reported at emden docks

At the dealer 5th January

Finance details settled 7th January

On my drive 12 th January

Take 7-10 days out of that for Christmas disruption so not too bad at all. I'm happy with that

• Like 1

Thanks folks..... looks as though most have recently been taking 9 - 12 weeks from order to delivery. I can only assume that by currently quoting 12 / 15 weeks from order to build date (and then you have to add another couple of weeks to get it to the dealer & registered), either Skoda has had a rush of sales since Mid-December or they are being overly pessimistic on likely build dates so they can look good & impress customers by delivering 'early'.

I hope it's the latter reason!