New Golf R - Part 2

john999boy

Yesterday it got worse as the car was driven around but no difference on fuel level, its always there seems to get more noticeable as the day wears on.

Keith this is fairly well documented as a fault on the MK7, always on multi link suspension cars with no DCC, mine is a base model with no DCC.

I moaned as they claimed it was fixed and it was my doors creaking which was the noise, this was something else, which they eventually sorted after soaking everything in silicone spray!

They did replace the shocks after they had the car the second time and said it was fixed, I drove 100 yrds from the dealership and took it back as it blatantly wasn't.

They then kept it for a week and was told they had used sophisticated listening equipment and sent me a recording to confirm if the noise they had identified was what they had recorded, which it was and also sounds the same as this chaps findings:

http://www.vwgolfmk7problems.uk

There is a link in his page to his recording, mine sounds worse as VW had the microphone close to what they said was the issue. They said it was a valve in my fuel tank rattling.

I do not want to go through that again as they managed to soak the rear passenger foot well behind my drivers seat in Tesco momentum, which is not a nice smell and I scrubbed my carpets to get rid of the nauseous smell.

thats annoying isnt it.. and that petrol incident is insult to injury. 

Can you give them the car back in exchange for another? I mean, it wouldn't be easy, but is it something to aim for? 

Yesterday it got worse as the car was driven around but no difference on fuel level, its always there seems to get more noticeable as the day wears on.

Keith this is fairly well documented as a fault on the MK7, always on multi link suspension cars with no DCC, mine is a base model with no DCC.

I moaned as they claimed it was fixed and it was my doors creaking which was the noise, this was something else, which they eventually sorted after soaking everything in silicone spray!

They did replace the shocks after they had the car the second time and said it was fixed, I drove 100 yrds from the dealership and took it back as it blatantly wasn't.

They then kept it for a week and was told they had used sophisticated listening equipment and sent me a recording to confirm if the noise they had identified was what they had recorded, which it was and also sounds the same as this chaps findings:http://www.vwgolfmk7problems.uk

There is a link in his page to his recording, mine sounds worse as VW had the microphone close to what they said was the issue. They said it was a valve in my fuel tank rattling.

I do not want to go through that again as they managed to soak the rear passenger foot well behind my drivers seat in Tesco momentum, which is not a nice smell and I scrubbed my carpets to get rid of the nauseous smell.

That's very disappointing with any new car, it really takes the shine off. I was frustrated just listening to the noise in the link, it wouldn't take long to get cheesed off with that! Unfortunately VW are no strangers to releasing vehicles with known faults. I had a Golf TDi that needed new injectors not long after I bought it from new.

I always find Trading Standards a good place to start for advice on these things. I'm thinking with a view to a replacement vehicle given the one you have is not fit for purpose. I dare say the noise may even exceed acceptable levels when on a motorway for example, could this be used as another angle?

Alternatively, if you have GAP insurance...........I'm only kidding but it must drive people to think like this? I hope you find a timely resolution and report back with good news.

That's very disappointing with any new car, it really takes the shine off. I was frustrated just listening to the noise in the link, it wouldn't take long to get cheesed off with that! Unfortunately VW are no strangers to releasing vehicles with known faults. I had a Golf TDi that needed new injectors not long after I bought it from new.

I always find Trading Standards a good place to start for advice on these things. I'm thinking with a view to a replacement vehicle given the one you have is not fit for purpose. I dare say the noise may even exceed acceptable levels when on a motorway for example, could this be used as another angle?

Alternatively, if you have GAP insurance...........I'm only kidding but it must drive people to think like this? I hope you find a timely resolution and report back with good news.

Here you go.......

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vca/fcb/cars-and-noise.asp

Why did they make the dsg make the annoying noise on gearchange??

Does the DSG R always make a noise during gearchanges, or only under certain circumstances?

We might be buying one next week, but we are not going to enjoy owning a noisy car!

DC

Does the DSG R always make a noise during gearchanges, or only under certain circumstances?

We might be buying one next week, but we are not going to enjoy owning a noisy car!

DC

Plenty of YouTube video regarding the DSG "fart"

Not a proplem in my experience!

Can also be affected by settings and driving mode - eco,Normal or Race or indivdual.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

Plenty of YouTube video regarding the DSG "fart"

Not a proplem in my experience!

Can also be affected by settings and driving mode - eco,Normal or Race or indivdual.

Thanks Keith.

'er indoors is partial to a nippy car, but prefers to "blend in" most of the time, which is why she fancies the Golf rather than 

one of the more extrovert competitors.

DC

Downside is they are still easy to pick out for the nasty people of the world

Kenny

Haven't seen that as an issue in my neck off the woods. Quite happy to

Hand that mantle over to the Honda Type R (when I see a sold one) and then of course to the up coming Focus RS when they start to deliver after recommencing production shortly.

Oh! Also the M2 after the launch in April,think they are being design with a force shield as a low cost option!! lol

The R to "most" people looks like a bog standard Golf, there are no big wheels,spoilers, spliters, side skirts or bright colours, normally associated with super sporty cars of which there are plenty.

Add to the desirable thief list: Audi S3/RS3....Fiesta ST and on and on and on

• Like 1

Downside is they are still easy to pick out for the nasty people of the world

Debadge, choose a "normal" colour, change the wheels perhaps?

It's something of a worry for us, maybe we should choose something less attractive to 

the unmentionables?

Back to a nippy Skoda, or a SEAT Leon ST?

DC

The R to "most" people looks like a bog standard Golf, there are no big wheels,spoilers, spliters, side skirts or bright colours, normally associated with super sporty cars of which there are plenty.

Add to the desirable thief list: Audi S3/RS3....Fiesta ST and on and on and on

That's half the attraction as when stolen it doesn't shout look at me.

That said you under estimate most as I think many will know it's a fast golf

Not scaremongering it's just something people should be aware of these days. Member on here suffered this

Mines back home after 2 days with my VW dealership.

They now say they have replaced the centre silencer exhaust rubber bracket and "modified" another rubber exhaust mount to stop the rattle.

Time will tell, it seemed OK on my route home.

Missed my DSG parp and my overrun pops n' bangs, had a Golf Bluemotion diesel whilst it was away.

Edited by Defenderben
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I made contact with an online broker re the 'R' last week - turned out the price quoted was incorrect, albeit saving £10 pcm!  So 12 months deal at 8k miles, manual 5Dr hatch, was £2099.99 deposit plus £189.99 pcm.  This actually worked out a tad cheaper pcm than the 24 months deal.  Very tempting, just long enough to give me a fix without ploughing too much money in.

• Like 1

Unfortunately my allocation is up on downloads so can't present the full article.

However, on browsing the mag today the article appears to be a well balanced back to back comparison review.imho

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/comparison/2016/rs-is-the-kingdom-vw-golf-r-vs-ford-focus-rs-car-march-2016/

Evo.co.uk has a similar back to back comparison  with a similar conclusion..

Edited by vrskeith

My R arrived on Friday along with my Dad's GTI! Didn't even know there was a part two to this thread so have missed 9 pages!

20160226_125916.jpg

Looks lovely in the white and on 19s. Enjoy! :-)

Looks like a discounter/dealer delivery before the midnight manic pick up / new reg allocation day. Good move! Great photo!

Looks like a discounter/dealer delivery before the midnight manic pick up / new reg allocation day. Good move! Great photo!

They couldn't fit me in for collection so offered to deliver on Friday. Done 60 miles so far and love it.