New Golf R - Part 2

john999boy

Unfortunately these case seem quite common, stolen to order.  I'm convinced there are insiders within companies or the DVLA who leak info as to where the cars are.

Was just going to post a deal on a new R if anyone's still got the bottle to own one:-

https://www.contracthireandleasing.com/car-leasing-companies/independent-brokers/carleasing-online/volkswagen/golf/70921380/

Claimed to be in stock and quoted for 12 months too.

Christ all mighty!..........I think use the garage to keep the car in...............how many people state on the insurance that their car is garaged when it is parked on the driveway in full view for potential thieves to view....I bet the insurance lot will start to refuse to pay out in these cases...............as not kept as per the insurance..............

Not unless they've a specific garaging warranty written into the policy and that's unlikely unless it's a very expensive motor. I told my insurer my car is kept in a garage - which it is - that doesn't mean it has to be in there before midnight Cinderella fashion - otherwise I wouldn't be able to go and stay elsewhere overnight e.g. at a hotel or a friend's house.

Won't be long before the GTD/GTI/R are seen as the old cossie in the eyes of the insurance industry.............

i thought that exact same thing just a few months ago when i heard of them all getting stolen. 

I guess its because they blend in well, quiet, and relatively pokey. 

Not unless they've a specific garaging warranty written into the policy and that's unlikely unless it's a very expensive motor. I told my insurer my car is kept in a garage - which it is - that doesn't mean it has to be in there before midnight Cinderella fashion - otherwise I wouldn't be able to go and stay elsewhere overnight e.g. at a hotel or a friend's house.

You'll still be insured, but if you have stated its being kept in a garage the policy might have a clause. 

Example.. this is what is says on my motorbike insurance documents... 

" Garaged Vehicle Clause, increased Excess

You have agreed that you will keep your motorcycle in a locked garage or building either at your home address or an address declared and speci cally agreed by us when your motorcycle is not being used. If a theft or attempted theft of your motorcycle happens within the proximity of your home address or the garaging address when your motorcycle is not in a locked garage or building, we will double the theft excess. "

My cars are very rarely in the garage and are insured for parking on the driveway. Gave a cheaper price too for some reason. 

The garage is actually full of the neighbours garage content while his new one is being built. It's all in the hands of the insurers now. Good news is we have CCTV footage of them, one with a major limp which I hope is a sign of broken bones from the jump.

He walked into the bedroom while I was in the en-suite, mid pee, I gave chase, shouting, ****ERS!!! they shut themselves in the front bedroom, I tried the handle but they were holding it up. At first I thought there was only the one but there were 2 voices, armed with only boxer shorts and a half full bladder I retreated and went back to grab my phone, called 999 and got dressed. I then heard a car screech away. 

Anybody want to take over a lease on an R estate for the next 20 months?  

Utter scumbags! Bet they shat their pants when they opened the bedroom door and realised they weren't alone though :-)

CCTV shows them knocking on the door (when I'm on nights I usually ignore it anyway) If someone answers, they hand out a flyer and pretend to be a window cleaner/gardener etc offering services. You then shut the door and think nothing of it. 

I'm glad I was on the toilet to be honest and not still in bed. 

Really sorry to hear that!! I had similar happen to me few months back. Tried to smash in front door for keys to S3. Horrible event and one that still has me on edge. 3 guys used slab.

Door held and they gave up.

Thoughts with you not a nice time

Ps I leave my car keys downstairs. Not visible from doors or windows but in sight should they break in

I did think about that but my keys are still within my reach. I've thought about the consequences and it probably isn't worth the hassle but I'd like to at least see the ***** who thinks it OK to behave like that and damage people goods for their own gain. 

Have you still got the S3? 

Hi mate, yeah still got it. I have two young kids and tbh my car is replaceable very easily. A local guy killed in larkhall trying to stop a car thief. Sorry but I would rather they took my car and went without risking my family.

• Like 2

Hi mate, yeah still got it. I have two young kids and tbh my car is replaceable very easily. A local guy killed in larkhall trying to stop a car thief. Sorry but I would rather they took my car and went without risking my family.

Yeah, your right. The car will be going in the next few weeks, simply not worth the hassle 

I should have stuck with the idea of a Yeti L&K

• Like 1

Just had a call and another Golf R went today, about 3 miles up the road and just after lunchtime. 

I wouldn't mind but I got the golf to blend in and be un-noticed, obviously it didn't work

• Like 1

Yeah, your right. The car will be going in the next few weeks, simply not worth the hassle

I should have stuck with the idea of a Yeti L&K

Being honest mate organised ones will be after certain cars but then there are just opertunists!

There was a Honda CR-V, Clio, focus and a Hyundai stolen near here recently. Don't think there is a safe car to have these days. Coppers said they will take most things if not for order

Agree with Kenny.

No matter what you have some scumbag will have a go.

I have had alsorts and no matter what you have, you hear horror stories. Even my humble Defender 90 was on a highly desirable list of most stolen vehicles and it was no performance vehicle and only worth £6.5k!

My Fiesta ST is stolen all the time just read other forums we are not alone. Even Yetis get stolen.

Edited by Defenderben

I have had alsorts and no matter what you have, you hear horror stories. Even my humble Defender 90 was on a highly desirable list of most stolen vehicles and it was no performance vehicle and only worth £6.5k!

Defenders have big demand. Maybe because they're easy pickings and easy to split and sell parts on, i dont know. 

Nah. Get a Roomster. Leave the keys in the ignition, nobody will touch it. 

• Like 1

Give it a few years & the criminals will have moved onto a newer more desirable car............going back to the cossie same happened, most proper owners hide them or sold to get rid of the potential of that is happening these days to the R owners............now it's a "classic" status car with people re-discovering them as good cars to drive etc...........not many around so value goes up..

However I do think that parking the cars on a drive at the front of the house next to a main road in this day in age is advertising too much...............nice set of gates would have helped as a deterrent....

When I used to run my shop (high end climbing/mountaineering clothing/equipment) I have watches costing up to £350, jackets up to £380.............I was regularly "cased" by criminals every year........you could spot them looking (surreptitiously) at the CCTV looking for dead spots........then the security tagging on all the items.............grills on the windows & doors............& then the one thing they DO NOT like ...............the door opened inwards only.............so to get out you have pull the door inwards........they hate that, much prefer double hinge doors for fast exit.....plus the fact I had good sight lines in the shop from the counter & ice axes behind the counter with in easy reach........only ever had a couple of sub £50 items nicked in the time I was open, got one thief who was drugged up on smack when he tried to exit the shop..........that was fun..NOT!

Having been brought up in Croydon & worked in retail there & having some of my classmates involved in shop raiding gangs, I know quite a few of the scams, tricks etc...........am I paranoid?......maybe, but as I was a scout I like to be prepared & NOT give the thieves an inch otherwise they will take a mile!.........and the shirt off your back!!

http://golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10127&page=2

Cheers, 

i will go on much more of a Forum / Google search on them but i think i have the answer.

It is a Seat Leon Cupra i want and a Estate Really but it will need to be a Dealer Warranty and then a Seat / VW extended one as it is a minefield finding Seat's that were not Remapped or Seat Media cars that they call Management and have already been treated like it will get by me.

Just need to wait and see next month how desperate Seat Dealers (Seat UK) are to shift old or not so old stock.

Buy mine, it has a brand new turbo fitted, and was untampered with since that update! It's not the estate though unfortunately....

Out of the Blue this week, a VW Dealership offered me a New stock Golf R Estate , reasonable spec at nearly 20% discount on Retail Price.

Pretty good PX on mine.

So do I want an Estate and a DSG box??? Am I tempted??

• Like 1

16 Golf R estates at the dealers............

95 Golf GTD estates................

according to the VW used car locator...........

mind you with the new Ford Focus RS the thieves might get distracted & leave the R alone..............

• Like 2