Show us your watches

SuperbTWM

My now very inadequate looking group (Ruski watch on order still)

watches.jpg

Edited by Aspman

• 3 weeks later...

My Hydro Conquest 

Spends a a lot of time on my wrist, my other main watch is an original Apple sport watch which is pretty useful for activity tracking.

IMG_0954.JPG

• Like 1

Seiko Automatic Chronograph 6139 bought 1975. Still works perfectly but don't wear it now.

Certina DS Titanium bought 1986. Still keeps perfect time having had numerous batteries (last about 5 years on average), one service and a new spring in the clasp. Lovely watch and in incredible condition considering I wore it every day for 21 years.

Omega Seamaster Co-Axial Chronometer. Got it on now, special watch to me since mum and dad bought it for me as a 50th present.

Christopher Ward Trident Mk 1 Automatic. Fancied a divers watch and this one ticked all the boxes at a fraction of the cost of other watches of the same quality. Actually keeps better time than the Omega.

Bought the wife a limited edition Christopher Ward W70 chronograph RAF Battle of Britain watch about 5 years ago. ETA quartz movement is the most accurate we have (Certina with ETA movement is very nearly as good) but she never wears it, hates watches.

After recently paying my mortgage off early I used the money saved on this. 

Itll be my last 'luxury' watch purchase as I own a Breitling Chrono Avenger auto, a Panerai and a number of very nice Seiko's and Trasers. 'Enough's enough now' my wife told me!

IMG_6210.JPG

The majority of my current collection.

The Corvette was my late stepfathers and needs a strap, it used to be on a very 1960's steel bracelet which unfortunately disintegrated.  The Certina needs a bit of attention as does the Buler.

IMG_1509.JPG

• Like 1

You don't think that is THE Christopher Ward, checking out the opposition? 

If so, you've got his approval. 

Screenshot_20170707-131346.png

On 04/07/2017 at 17:49, skidpan said:

Seiko Automatic Chronograph 6139 bought 1975. Still works perfectly but don't wear it now.

Certina DS Titanium bought 1986. Still keeps perfect time having had numerous batteries (last about 5 years on average), one service and a new spring in the clasp. Lovely watch and in incredible condition considering I wore it every day for 21 years.

Omega Seamaster Co-Axial Chronometer. Got it on now, special watch to me since mum and dad bought it for me as a 50th present.

Christopher Ward Trident Mk 1 Automatic. Fancied a divers watch and this one ticked all the boxes at a fraction of the cost of other watches of the same quality. Actually keeps better time than the Omega.

Bought the wife a limited edition Christopher Ward W70 chronograph RAF Battle of Britain watch about 5 years ago. ETA quartz movement is the most accurate we have (Certina with ETA movement is very nearly as good) but she never wears it, hates watches.

I still wear, from time to time, the Seiko I had on my 21st birthday back in 1971 and also still going strong.

• 1 year later...

Thought I'd update my watch.   I used wear a Breitling Super Avenger. ( First Picture ) I have now upgraded to a Breitling Bentley BO5 Uni-time

Anyone else upgraded................... 

post-3385-0-90104300-1454146498.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

1 hour ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Thought I'd update my watch.   I used wear a Breitling Super Avenger. ( First Picture ) I have now upgraded to a Breitling Bentley BO5 Uni-time

Anyone else upgraded................... 

Very nice but not really my taste, the case back is cool though. 

Do did you trade in the Avenger or do you still have it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperbTWM said:

Very nice but not really my taste, the case back is cool though. 

Do did you trade in the Avenger or do you still have it?

The avenger has gone to a good home. It was twelve years old when I sold it for 3 times more than a bought it for.........

• Confused 1

@Auric Goldfinger No you didnt sell it,  its just that big fat BR pension burning a hole in your pocket means you dont know what to do with your weekly take home, so you gave away the avenger and bought a new one. With this Weeks ;)

Next week its a hot-tub complete with full time attendant init :D

I usually pick one of these two - Both on aftermarket nylon Velcro™ straps:

dbc-32-1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1391671816

Once almost bought myself an Omega Seamaster 300, but it was a LOT of money back then (still is) and ended up being sensible instead!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

The avenger has gone to a good home. It was twelve years old when I sold it for 3 times more than a bought it for.........

I'm too attached to my watches, could never part with them I don't think.

I think the only watches I have bought since I created this thread are a little JDM Seiko SARB 033 and a Citizen Prodiver. 

53556224_307237099960208_402358435931585

Citizen-Promaster-Diver-on-hand-2-1024x7

44 minutes ago, john999boy said:

Just wondered what people are using to keep their automatic 'weekend' watches wound up as it's such a pain to keep resetting time the date, time etc?

Well, a "watch shaker" for doing that job is actually a thing.

38 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

Well, a "watch shaker" for doing that job is actually a thing.

There appears to be a few different 'varieties' though so I was looking for guidance as to which versions people had bought.

2 hours ago, john999boy said:

Just wondered what people are using to keep their automatic 'weekend' watches wound up as it's such a pain to keep resetting time the date, time etc?

For us watch nerds that's part of the fun. And let's face it, it only takes about a minute so hardly eating into your weekend 😉

I've had too many ins and outs on the watch front to list since I last posted, but I'm enjoying my latest squeeze

48196405821_5ed0fbe600_c.jpg

Seiko SPB077 'Mini MarineMaster'

Edited by Jigger72