ezero1 device (CGON)

dowding

No wuckin furries,. here is the scoop.

The 'Inventor and the publicity guy will appear on the Dragons Den and the tall one and the blonde one will give them all the money for 33% of the company and if they get their money back in 18 months they will reduce that to 25%.

Only after the show they will study the books, see the whole story and pull out of the deal.

Or is that the programme about the Gin Distiller, not sure now.

1 minute ago, Offski said:

No wuckin furries,. here is the scoop.

The 'Inventor and the publicity guy will appear on the Dragons Den and the tall one and the blonde one will give them all the money for 33% of the company and if they get their money back in 18 months they will reduce that to 25%.

Only after the show they will study the books, see the whole story and pull out of the deal.

Or is that the programme about the Gin Distiller, not sure now.

Haha very good put a smile on my face

6 hours ago, tubbyleigh said:

Any chance you guys can give it a rest now? My inbox is so full of irrelevant comments i don’t have time to look through them all.  

The original question was does anyone know if it works. 

The answer to that question  was no! And every comment from them on has been :- if you have anything positive to say we are not interested because we have already made up our mind. 

The only people who have experience with ezero say it works. 

The only people who say it doesn’t work, have no experience with it. 

Thats all. I look forward to your abusive reply’s. :-) 

You can disable thread notifications if it's bothering you.

As for whether the thing works or not, well established scientific and engineering principles say it can't work, period. Any claim to the contrary is wishful thinking from people who don't understand the physico-chemical phenomena at work here.

• Like 1

But yet (from what I've seen with my own eyes) it does work (emissions only, I have no experience with fuel economy). Also interesting on going data from the one guy (forget who now) who has fitted it to his car. Look forward to latest figures as so far people here have explained away his fuel gains with the cold fuel temperature. Don't think that will be a good argument after the weather we've been having!

Now turned off notifications so I can get some sleep. Thanks for thinking of me!

9 minutes ago, chimaera said:

You can disable thread notifications if it's bothering you.

As for whether the thing works or not, well established scientific and engineering principles say it can't work, period. Any claim to the contrary is wishful thinking from people who don't understand the physico-chemical phenomena at work here.

For every person on this forum that say its snake oil, it can't work, people are stupid and so on...there 3  times the amount of people know that it works because they have tried it...if people want to report there findings and there positive they are shouted down. 

11 hours ago, andythechief said:

That’s just my point; it says nothing other than there is no peer reviewed research.

What it means we know versus what it means we think we know are two different things.

Most academics won't bother with testing these devices because there's a substantial body of scientific and engineering knowledge which says it's implausible. If you tried putting through a funding application to do it, the reviewers would laugh it out the door and your reputation would be nicely dented for the next time you want to get funding.

At best, it's the sort of thing we might throw at 4th years if we were stuck for final year project topics.

I outlined what I would consider the minimum level of testing that would be needed to properly evaluate this device in this post much earlier:

This post is a good summary of the science around it:

5 minutes ago, Gibx33 said:

For every person on this forum that say its snake oil, it can't work, people are stupid and so on...there 3  times the amount of people know that it works because they have tried it...if people want to report there findings and there positive they are shouted down. 

No, there are people who have sunk money into the device either as customers, resellers or others, and who now need to justify the expense to themselves so they'll clutch at anything that might just maybe show something positive from the device.

You also have to ask yourself, with the long history of devices of this type, why have the world's automotive manufacturers not adopted this device on all engines? If it works as well as its proponents claim, it would be a far more cost effective option for them compared to the after-treatment systems needed on modern engines to meet emissions regulations.

Also I find the science interesting. You all say it can't work due to scientific and engineering principles but science and engineering experts build on principles. If the hydrogen changes the way the fuel burns it not about the power gains of just burning the hydrogen. Modern engine designs are always changing to improve the combustion. From the atomisation of fuel before combustion (all injected fuel) to changing the angle of air flow within the manifold and onto the valve with little flaps (vw fsi engine) and all the other tweaks we non engineer and science peeps just don't know about. 

I like to trust what I see rather than what I haven't seen yet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chimaera said:

No, there are people who have sunk money into the device either as customers, resellers or others, and who now need to justify the expense to themselves so they'll clutch at anything that might just maybe show something positive from the device.

You also have to ask yourself, with the long history of devices of this type, why have the world's automotive manufacturers not adopted this device on all engines? If it works as well as its proponents claim, it would be a far more cost effective option for them compared to the after-treatment systems needed on modern engines to meet emissions regulations.

There lies the problem manufacturers are blinkered with after treatment systems. The Cgon system works the opposite way by changing the chemistry pre combustion.. 

7 hours ago, chimaera said:

Most academics won't bother with testing these devices because there's a substantial body of scientific and engineering knowledge which says it's implausible. If you tried putting through a funding application to do it, the reviewers would laugh it out the door and your reputation would be nicely dented for the next time you want to get funding.

At best, it's the sort of thing we might throw at 4th years if we were stuck for final year project topics.

I outlined what I would consider the minimum level of testing that would be needed to properly evaluate this device in this post much earlier:

This post is a good summary of the science around it:

So you’re an academic?

9 hours ago, Gibx33 said:

The Cgon system works the opposite way by changing the chemistry pre combustion.. 

When there's some credible scientific evidence to support this statement about 'your' device, feel free to say it again with links to the evidence.  In the meantime, you may as well say it works by magic and pixies. Or simply "It doesn't work, as far as we can demonstrate scientifically".

Edited by Wino
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wino said:

When there's some credible scientific evidence to support this statement about 'your' device, feel free to say it again with links to the evidence.  In the meantime, you may as well say it works by magic and pixies. Or simply "It doesn't work, as far as we can demonstrate scientifically".

He’s got a good point. Why hide the genius? 

• Thanks 1

Maybe it hydrogenates the diesel. That would change the chemistry prior to burning.

What do you think @chimaera   ?

Hydrogenation of oil is a well established chemical process. Not sure how the quantum properties of the H matter much though.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wino said:

My Device?

14 hours ago, Wino said:

@fabdavrav, Way back on page 2 you made reference to some fabulous results that Eddie Stobart were getting from this device. You didn't mention the source of this info, I don't think?

I emailed them to ask about their experiences but sadly got no response. Where did you find this info, please?

Can't refind the info on ES..google foo is coming up nada...& I know it was on ES website.

my original quote on pg2:-

""I already linked to Emission Analytics who have tested the device....also Eddie Stobart have trialled the device and noted 3%-7% better MPG & 25% to 50% reduction in adblue usage with the device...."""

Slightly improved MPG but up to 50% reduction in AdBlue usage...which is the main point of the device...to reduce emissions....& you can do this by cleaning up the combustion process, or use more expensive better quality fuels...or flue gas wash the after the combustion process (ie cats)….

BTW Emissions Analytics are a totally different company & they are the ones who have come up with the PEMS testing:-

https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/fleet-management/case-studies/industry-profiles/emissions-analytics-living-in-the-real-world-of-emissions

Edited by fabdavrav

Emissions Analytics has one of the former directors of CGON as a director and was set up while he was still a director. So they aren't independent.

Which is not to say the testing by EA was invalid only that in-house testing does not carry the same weight as proper independent testing.

However testing data from Cornwall Council is sitting with DEFRA right now. That should give a truer indication either way.

9 minutes ago, andythechief said:

Always the same- positive but it admits a lack of good data:

http://writingaboutcars.com/can-hydrogen-injection-save-the-diesel-engine/

Unfortunate some of what is written is just sci-fi babble and nonsense. Might as well have taken it from Star Trek.

the efficacy of the system relies on generating quality Hydroxy Gas. This requires a higher spin state of HHO, close to the level of deuterium to achieve consistent fuel consumption gains, and cells that can run 24/7 without heating up. Significant gains are achieved when the HHO bonds to hydro-carbon molecules, thereby completing the burn.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aspman said:

Emissions Analytics has one of the former directors of CGON as a director and was set up while he was still a director. So they aren't independent.

Err NO....

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07576124/officers

I've just double checked & all the directors for this company have never been listed for Cgon..

6 minutes ago, fabdavrav said:

Err NO....

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07576124/officers

I've just double checked & all the directors for this company have never been listed for Cgon..

Ah indeed, it was Applied Emissions not Emissions Analytics

• Like 1