Anyone used Carwow or similar?

I currently have an Octavia VRS and a Fabia Monte Carlo (both with a few toys on) on order from a dealer in Lincoln (Dennis Horton Skoda) using CarWow. All in all I saved around £5k on the list prices and whilst I have yet to take delivery of the vehicles thus far it has been a very positive experience. The only slight drawback is that I live 200 miles away from Lincoln but their's was the best quote by far.

I used Carwow for my VRS which I picked up a couple of weeks ago. Made the whole process really easy, and I saved about £4k. I was lucky as my local dealer was one of those on Carwow that can back with an offer so didn't even have to travel. Also got a £20 Amazon voucher for using the service - every little helps!

I used Carwow as well to get an idea of the best price possible for an Octavia VRS. However, I never actually did the deal with garage that quoted the cheapest price, it was with my local Skoda garage who matched the Carwow quote. Worth bearing in mind if it's not a garage you know or actually want to deal with.

• Administrators

In case you missed it, we're offering a pilot program for finding a 'deal' on new cars. Very generally speaking, a similar idea, you tell us what you're after, I find you a dealer who can do it at the best price... location, delivery etc

I'm only using our trusted dealers, normally I've met a director or owner at least. You get all the details of who to talk to and actually talk to them directly around everything including money stuff.

Details here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/388347-buy-your-new-skoda-here-exclusive-prices/

• Like 1

I used Carwow whilst trying to get a deal on a Merc C Class. (gave up and came back to Skoda)

However upon contacting the dealer and passing on my details that wonderful offer was no longer available and the dealer tried to sell me a different car.

That's just my experience of them, many have had good experiences (to be fair Mercedes dealers are the worst I've ever come across!!).

I tried them all, brokers (who couldn't come up with a hard price until I'd placed my order and they'd placed their bulk order - err no thanks), carwow etc.  I got the better deal by just going to my local Skoda dealer and haggling hard.

A lot of the broker/carwow type places won't be able to offer you the current 0% finance deal either.

• Like 1

I used carwow to buy a Mondeo in December, there is little competition for business up in Inverness so it's a captive market. I got a quote from the local dealer and a few from down south via carwow, I went to the local dealer and we sat down, I haggled and I ended up £500 away from the best deal from carwow but I was able to get a reduced APR. I did my research with carwow and just used that to negotiate and bought locally. Weirdly thou carwow emailed me in Jan and asked if I bought a Ford, I said yes and gave them the dealership details and they checked then gave me the £20 Amazon voucher.

So, my experience is trust their numbers but haggle and buy with a trusted dealer using he carwow figures. Get your tank of fuel and flowers then too [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tried them, the dealer offered discounts were no where near as good as the online brokers so went with one of them instead.

Did you ask the broker if you will be the first registered keeper. I did and they never replied. I had read another report where the buyer ended up as the second owner. They did not get the V5C for about 6 months. My best saving was 12% from a near local dealer not my very close one. He would not match it...so I bought the Passat and saved myself £8K

A lot of the broker/carwow type places won't be able to offer you the current 0% finance deal either.

Carwow is dealers, they get local ones to quote you but our discount via broker was huge and even at 5.9% apr it still worked out cheaper even with interest than the discounts offered at dealers (via carwow or not) with the 0%.

Good experience for me. Carwow provided a range of quotes with decent discounts - the cheapest was in Liverpool, but eventually it was matched by a local dealer. Interestingly, they would not reduce the price for cash versus credit - as the dealer gets commission on these arrangements - in fact the cash price was slightly higher.

i just did a carwow quote this weekend.  I got quotes for a basic DSG TDI vrs hatch with no options,

List price £25,865 best carwow offer was £23,062 so about 10% saving.

If you look around there are better deals to be had, there is a seller on ebay for example, offering new VRS for £21k but I have no idea if they are preregistered or not....

I used Carwow whilst trying to get a deal on a Merc C Class. (gave up and came back to Skoda)

However upon contacting the dealer and passing on my details that wonderful offer was no longer available and the dealer tried to sell me a different car.

That's just my experience of them, many have had good experiences (to be fair Mercedes dealers are the worst I've ever come across!!).

Funnily enough I just bought my new C Class via Carwow. Painless buying experience, and the cheapest Carwow dealer just happened to be my local dealer as well!

Like using them (and similar brokers) as you are really dealing with the dealers which takes the risk out of the transaction.

Did you ask the broker if you will be the first registered keeper. I did and they never replied. I had read another report where the buyer ended up as the second owner. They did not get the V5C for about 6 months. My best saving was 12% from a near local dealer not my very close one. He would not match it...so I bought the Passat and saved myself £8K

The V5C arrived about 2 months later and we were the first registered owners :)

My BMW V5C only came 2 weeks earlier and that was a straight out dealer purchase.

Edited by skyjawa
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Yup and it will come with a tank of fuel, mats and a sticker :) Some offers will vary, but that's one in preparation today :)

My goal is to be better, peace of mind, :) using known dealers, deliveries to your door if you want, or a day out if not. Or your local, all depends on the amount of hassle you want in buying... plus you get great advice from folks on here about what options are worth it and which are better left alone.

I of course encourage you to visit your local dealer, they should be the best, but sadly it's not always the case.

• Like 1

I used car wow to buy my vrs with about £5k extras and the 2 local dealers were not within £3k of the quote I had and sticking to their guns as there was a 6 month waiting list. The Skoda dealer in Mansfield were superb and must have been looking for numbers to get some added kick backs I guess.

Steve

i just did a carwow quote this weekend. I got quotes for a basic DSG TDI vrs hatch with no options,

List price £25,865 best carwow offer was £23,062 so about 10% saving.

If you look around there are better deals to be had, there is a seller on ebay for example, offering new VRS for £21k but I have no idea if they are preregistered or not....

Try broadspeed.com

That model is £21909.

• Like 1

Genuine question here - I appreciate what the likes of car wow et al can do but can this still be combined with decent trade in values and dealer and manufacturer promotions? I guess it all comes down to the total cost to change. I've always taken the view that Carwow are best when you have no trade in.