OBDeleven

Hi enceph....

Many thanks for that I'll get it ordered !

Why was hba fiddly ?

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

see post #49 there aren't the long code descriptors visible in obdeleven like in vcds which meant i had to enter hex code manually rather than choose from a dropdown list

• 2 weeks later...

Help i'm confused!

I am trying to turn on HBA. I follow the instructions and go into 09 central electronics, but there is no long coding option? there is a coding option that if i go into I can switch things on and off, but no long coding.

Am I doing something wrong?

• 3 weeks later...

Good afternoon encephalopathy

having trouble getting HBA to work, got everything else on my list donr successfully

can you remember how you did it and what was the fiddly bit

many thanks

John

Thanks enceph .....

nearly there i think

got light assist in amundsen, enable it

try it

comes up with light assist fault

any ideas

ive checked the settings and all look ok 

one thing the bi xenons are they with AFS?

John

hopefully this will help - follow the instructions exactly in the VCDS howto thread then in OBDeleven do the bits below that are slightly different to the vcds layout (with same end result)

i did all the coding with ignition on and drivers door closed

i have managed to enable high beam assist as well using the OBDeleven

the tricky bit is the instruction for the 2nd part

"Goto Controller 09 - long coding - change byte2 bit 0-2 to a value of 03 using the dropdown menu for models with xenons"

there is no dropdown menu for this dongle and i had to click on long coding, toggle the 0/1 icon to switch from descriptive text to the coding layout,clicked across to byte 2, clicked the hex value heading, entered '03' and it ticked the relevant bit boxes

here are a couple of screenshots of what to do after selecting controller 09 followed by clicking on coding so you can compare to your own

post-20314-0-33184000-1468694934_thumb.png

post-20314-0-07819400-1468694943_thumb.png

• Like 1

nope checked everything and the fault still occurs

the indication in the maxidot appears then reports the error

the coding for the two channels below - any help much appreciated

09 Central Electrics

System description: BCM MQBAB H
    Software number: 5Q0937084AJ
    Software version: 0137
    Hardware number: 5Q0937084AJ
    Hardware version: H18
    Serial number: 01011435304841
    ODX name: EV_BCMCONTI
    Long coding: 0F000366C24722FB07A04082B11C07280000000000000000000000000000

A5 Front Sensors Driver Assistance System

System description: MQB_MFK
    Software number: 5Q0980653F
    Software version: 0052
    Hardware number: 5Q0980653
    Hardware version: H06
    Serial number: 00000269414
    ODX name: EV_MFKBoschAU370
    Long coding: 0101010001030304000400000000010100

many thanks

John

• 4 weeks later...

Both rear fog lights

Traffic sign recognition

John, or any other that could help with OBDEleven ;), where did you activate the both rear fog lights? I've been looking around but still no way to find where to do it :'(

Regarding the signal recognition, is it giving any problem based on the fact that, I assume, you don't have the recognition camera?

Many thanks!!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 18:14

star_big.png
POPULAR

Enabling both rear fog lights

Controller 09 - Central Electronics

16 - Security Access - enter 31347

10 - Adaptations

Change the 2 channels listed below - scroll to just over halfway down the long list of adaptation channels to find them. Do them one after the other, and do not come out of the adaptations until you have finished. If you do, you will have to close the controller and go back in and enter the security access code again.

You have a couple of options here - the original values are

(4)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lichtfunktion A 26 - Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt und Rechtsverkehr 

(4)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion A 27 - Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt und Linksverkehr 

which translate roughly as rear fog lights when trailer not connected and right hand traffic and rear fog lights when trailer not connected and left hand traffic

So, for use on the continent you could just swap the values over and the left fog light would light up.

A third option is available - Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt - rear fog light when trailer not connected. I set both of mine to this value and they both come on, but if you set them both to Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt und Linksverkehr they both come on as well.

This has been tested on LED Hatch & Combi rear clusters, and standard Combi.

Change (4)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lichtfunktion A 26 to Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt

post-61868-0-95179900-1388336859_thumb.p

Change (4)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion A 27 to Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt

post-61868-0-96726200-1388336860_thumb.p

Link to original thread

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/299462-enabling-both-rear-fog-lights-with-vcds-led-cluster/

Edit: Following feedback, check the behaviour of the rear fogs after making the coding change. If you change the side of the road in Infotainment you could end up with no rear fog lights if they are both set to Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt und Linksverkehr in the UK and you go to the continent.

The safest setting seems to be setting both to Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt

UPDATE FOR MY2015 CARS

Having met up with vrsalan as the above didn't work on his MY2015 vRS, it seems VAG have tried to get clever and altered the adaptations on the new 5Q0 937 086 AA BCM.

You also need to set the brightness for the near side fog light, as VAG have left this channel completely disabled on this BCM. You will notice that (4)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lichtfunktion A 26 isn't set to any function before you change it.

So, change (6)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Dimmwert AB 26 from 0 to 100 and the near side fog will work. For left hand drive cars this will be change (6)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert AB 27 from 0 to 100.

post-61868-0-50875300-1409597836_thumb.p

this you can do in OBDeleven without a problem, just be careful you pick the right options as some are very similar to others

• Like 1

traffic sign recognition

you need lane assist to enable it - but it doesnt work quite right as there is no link with the sat nav data, vcds cant do it properly either apparently

good luck

john

• Like 1

traffic sign recognition

you need lane assist to enable it - but it doesnt work quite right as there is no link with the sat nav data, vcds cant do it properly either apparently

good luck

john

Have done this with no problems on VCDS

Have done this with no problems on VCDS

interesting as many (including me) report problems. essentially lack of fusion with the navigation data

can you relay the steps you did to get it to work?

many thanks

I followed the steps on the adaptations page exactly as laid out. I have been running it now for roughly 3 weeks and I have had 1 error message pop up something about dynamic road signs but apart from that all working fine.

I was using software version 15.7.4 if that helps

Edited by MR99VXR

I followed the steps on the adaptations page exactly as laid out. I have been running it now for roughly 3 weeks and I have had 1 error message pop up something about dynamic road signs but apart from that all working fine.

I was using software version 15.7.4 if that helps

yes i get that message about a minute into every trip

do you get the error reported in the amundsen screen - like when the TPMS goes wrong

yes i get that message about a minute into every trip

do you get the error reported in the amundsen screen - like when the TPMS goes wrong

No I don't get any error messages on the Amundsen, well none that I have seen anyway

Ok found it:

Breaks 03 - long coding - byte 29 hex set to 06 (bit 1 and but 2), works like a charm!

Apparently this enables display of turbo pressure - does anyone know if this is possible with VCDS, and more importantly, of any side-effects?

• Like 1

Why don't you just try and let us know? :)

Keep track of what you change and, if needed, change it back to what it was.

But if I understood what you talking about, I would say it won't work. I think it applies to the Golf GTi, which has a "performance" screen or something and that's where the turbo pressure is then displayed. To my understanding, this screen does not exist on the Octavia and it is not possible to enable it.

Here you go about the boost gauge:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7247311-MIB-II-Has-Digital-Boost-Gauge-in-quot-Performance-Monitor-quot#/topics/7247311?_k=qjgisg

I also saw that on the Audi, when you enable the laptimer, you also see a bost graph at the top of screen, but this varies from model to model and it surely does not apply to all cars, even less to Skoda.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all, being interested in the OBDEleven myself, is it able compete with the Rosstech VCDS?

I ask this question as I have a yellow steer light in the dash, I've had a look at the videos on youtube about the OBDEleven, as far as I understand, might be very wrong, it can scan fault code, and reset them as well?

• 1 month later...

Feel like an idiot - but exactly where are the ads you can click on, to earn free credits on obd11 ?

Is it on the forums, the website, in the app itself?

I haven't seen any ads in the app, and nowhere can I see a total of my remaining credits.

Can anyone enlighten me please?

You just have to click on your profile name, in the app, on your phone. There you should see remaining credits and be able to add some (including 5 free credits per day, by seeing ads) ;)