A near exact Yeti sized Audi SUV: the new Q2

At just over 4,1m long with a 405 litre boot this new Q2 is natural fit to upgrade to from a Yeti. If you like compact crossovers that is. And 200mm ground clearance is good.

The silver C-pillar is ghastly but when that is done in black it looks fine. Great interior too. Hmmm. I like it. A 190hp DSG 4x4 diesel for me ta.

a161039-large-1.jpg

a161038-large-1.jpg

a161022-large-1.jpg

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/audi-q2-%E2%80%93-new-compact-crossover-revealed-geneva

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/03/01/audi-q2-geneva-official-4321

Quote " the fitment of Pirelli P Zero road tyres "   Interesting. Wonder why there are using these tyres?

Price, compared to the new Yeti?

"starting prices will comfortably exceed the norm for the compact crossover class, with entry-level Q2s expected to start at about £21,000. Not only is this a significant £4000 more than the similarly sized Skoda Yeti, it also places the Q2 into the firing line of larger models such as the Mercedes B-Class.

Yep starts at £21k which means you will have to spend close on £30k or more for something with a few extras.

I do like it, but I'm afraid most of us will not fit the targeted demographic [if that is how you explain it]:-

"Audi says the new model has been built to cater for the demands of young, urban drivers, and hopes it will draw new buyers to the brand. As such, it gets a distinctive exterior that introduces several new design traits.

That's Graham out for a start then  - as regards the urban bit.

Also not sure if it will tow 1200kg of van.

If it does and somebody wants to donate a fist full of money to a deserving cause I will give it a look.

Colin

Edited by eribaMotters

I wonder if this is even smaller than the Q3,which I found smaller inside than the yeti and had difficulty getting my size 9 boots out of the rear doors?

Looks ridiculous to me. Audi and a special ability of removing size/practicality in exchange for increased cost. The Yeti is a far more useful vehicle than the Q3 and this looks even less practical!

Looks like a nasty case of style over function - which the Yeti certainly doesn't suffer from (in a nice way of course!).

If the new Yeti when it arrives is wider than the present one then I will be looking at this one, they my have ironed on any faults by then

When it arrives the Yeti will be difficult to replace if Skoda listened to current owners requests.

Some want a bigger boot and as such a bigger car.

Some want the same size as we  have at present.

Others might like something a little smaller and nimble.

As they wont bother I don't think we should worry.

This Q2 looks like something the latter members might like, if a bit on the posh side, so should be knock it?

Colin

Edited by eribaMotters

Luckily for VAG they have Skoda, SEAT, VW and Audi brands so are quite able to meet all requirements by building four different cars (based around the same engine/drivetrain/engineering).

A really stupid thing to do would be to build the same car, a nasty compromise pleasing few, then stick four different badges on the front.

Not sure about the styling? I think the Seat Ateca looks the best of the new crop of SUVs - but none seem to have the load space flexibility of the Yeti!

I think the Seat Ateca looks the best of the new crop of SUVs

+1

(I might be the only one but I really don't like the looks of the concept 'Kodiak'. Those headlights AND rear lights! :sick: . I really hope the REAL car will look different. If not – then my choice will be Ateca.)

• Like 2