Warm Up Time

Hi, 

Just curious how long it's taking people these days for engine warm up?

This morning it took for my 170 CR 18 mins averaging 32mph over a 10 mile stretch.

Seems kinda extra long.

Those grille covers seem like a good idea but haven't you noticed that the radiator grille is only about a quarter or third open anyway with the rest of it being solid. The main air intake is actually below this in the lower bumper.

Back to the original question it depends on what type of driving you do. I do a motorway commute to work so my car warms up quite quickly. What I do noticed though is that in the winter the engine oil temperature never gets above the high eighties to maybe ninety degrees but in the summer it will be hitting a hundred degrees when I finish my journey to or from work. (25 miles)

Our CR MKII take around twice as long to warm-up vs. our PD MKI as measured on a 4 mile run. 1 mile at around 30mph, 2 at 50mph and another at stop start into Tescos! Upon arrival, the MKII was barely off cold and little heat appearing and the MKI almost on 90 with accompanying toastiness....

The engine needs to be worked to get warm (worked as in under load and not thrashed) if you drive them on very light throttle they can take an age to get warm.

• Like 1

The engine needs to be worked to get warm (worked as in under load and not thrashed) if you drive them on very light throttle they can take an age to get warm.

Cheers Giz.... I'll give it a bit more "welly"....

Also note that the temperature gauge shows 90 degrees C from between about 75 to 95 actual. I think this is to make it more an 'idiot light' sort of thing rather than an actual temperature gauge.  I.e., people might panic if it goes up under a long hill climb etc.

I know this as I have a scangauge showing water temperature.

About 9 miles until mines good and hot . I've noticed on my mondeo it has some sort of thermostat controlled flaps over the rad behind the grill which close off the air flow completely when it's cold

Fit 1 of these 

skoda-superb-ii-08-verhnij-zimnij-ekran-

http://skodadop.com/en/superb-ii-/eksterer-superb-ii/skoda-superb-ii-08-verhnij-zimnij-ekran-heko.html

I am ordereing  the wind deflectors and tow bar and mud flaps and.......from that site

Be warned that though you can not see it in the photograph, this cover has "team heko" engraved on the top left which looks awful. 

(the window deflectors have it too)

I have noticed that the car warms up slightly faster with this fitted and cools slower going down hills but it's not a dramatic change,

I don't think I would want to close off the lower grill at the same time though.

My 2015 greenline tdi takes 3 miles to give any heat to the cabin. Then the temp needle goes from zero to 90 in rapid time and its hot.

Not had this on any previous vehicle, they all progressed slowly.. Dont know about the oil temp procedure. Only just worked the radio out.

Be warned that though you can not see it in the photograph, this cover has "team heko" engraved on the top left which looks awful. 

(the window deflectors have it too)

I have noticed that the car warms up slightly faster with this fitted and cools slower going down hills but it's not a dramatic change,

I don't think I would want to close off the lower grill at the same time though.

Think these 1's don't have "Team Heko" awaiting Email form confirming....

Should stop looking at these sites (have about 200 quid in the basket :notme:

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SUPERB-II/Superb-II-winter-grille-cover

and lower grill  

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SUPERB/Superb-II-winter-grille-cover-for-the-front-bumper-in-OEM-design

Edited by DEL80Y

I just can't see the point in the UK. In Scandinavian countries yes but it never really gets cold enough for prolonged periods here. And I drive when it would be cold as i go to or from work at 5-6am.