Model year 2017

I am very much hoping that the rear wiper has not become mandatory in Aus spec cars (reverse camera is standard equipment on all models here). It just doesn't look right to me.

Sadly my dealer still seems to have no idea about spec changes at all! Sadly Skoda is not exactly a priority for VW in my country :-(

I am very much hoping that the rear wiper has not become mandatory in Aus spec cars (reverse camera is standard equipment on all models here). It just doesn't look right to me.

Sadly my dealer still seems to have no idea about spec changes at all! Sadly Skoda is not exactly a priority for VW in my country :-(

I feel your pain as same here in Taiwan. I show them about the MY2017 changes and asked if we getting any and they said need to see the cars arriving to know what have changed. 

• Like 1

I feel your pain as same here in Taiwan. I show them about the MY2017 changes and asked if we getting any and they said need to see the cars arriving to know what have changed.

I can't believe how uninformed about their own product they are & how little interest they show in finding out...

I can't believe how uninformed about their own product they are & how little interest they show in finding out...

Maybe they know but strategy is to move old first then roll in new so they don't release information. The only thing i wish is the 8" Bolero instead of 6.5" , bezel free rear view mirror or the new additional ambient light options are not so interesting to me.  

Indeed, i'm looking at options to have the wiper removed and the hole plugged.

https://www.gecleant.de/shop/glasstopfen-fuer-audi-vw-seat-skoda.html this might be it.

I guess it's fine to have the motor there and the option to "unplug" again and put the wiper back for winter or when you realize you do want it after all.

It's not just the wiper arm the reason you have to spec it is now the camera is pressure washed at the same time as the rear window.

It's not just the wiper arm the reason you have to spec it is now the camera is pressure washed at the same time as the rear window.

I am aware, that is a good thing. But i believe one can remove only the arm, plug it up and keep the camera washing in place.

The Dealer I am buying through has informed me the MY17 models sold in Australia don't get the rear camera washer. I guess that means the wiper and the washer aren't tied together in the system.

The Dealer I am buying through has informed me the MY17 models sold in Australia don't get the rear camera washer. I guess that means the wiper and the washer aren't tied together in the system.

Sounds like a MY16 spec then.

I'm reading this with interest, as I have just ordered a SE Business (company car). The brochure says it has a 6" screen, so it will be nice if it actually comes with an 8".

The first MY2017 models are arriving in Belgium these days. The confirmed changes:

1) 10 colors for led-strip: colors.jpg

2) frameless rear view mirror

3) virtual pedal to close the trunk

4) No confirmation of progressive steering, but hard to compare if you only have 1 car.

• Like 1

Can the frameless mirror be bought as a part and easily replace the old style one? I'd like the frameless type but not if it is a faf to fit it.

• Like 2

Does anyone know the car comes with 1 or 2 umbrellas?  i know both front doors have place to put but how many umbrellas supplied with car?

thanks