2018 facelift prediction thread

Why would Skoda wait three years to introduce a technology that is already available and on the road in the form of the Golf and Passat GTE, that are fundamentally the same car? It makes no sense.

'cause VAG won't let Skoda use the latest technology, that is reserved for the upmarket Audi and VW cars, otherwise everyone would just buy a cheaper Skoda!
So, as an example, no self-levelling rear suspension on the current Superb, something I hope will be on the upgrade though.

The seats are already comfortable.
Edited by philsmith

How about a boot that doesn't open randomly just because you opened a rear door! Happened to me on a petrol forecourt today, I was like WTF! Unlocked the car by touching the inside of the drivers door handle then opened the rear drivers side door to put my coat onto the hook. Then the boot decided it was feeling left out. It most definately wasn't becuase of the button on the key remote.

'cause VAG won't let Skoda use the latest technology, that is reserved for the upmarket Audi and VW cars,

I think that is about to change.

A Skoda pr-dude said in an interview that those restriction was liftet. They would soon have Access to more of the high end toys.

I reckon that the driver aids are pretty much exhausted now...

Far from it, 5* NCAP 2018 requires front assist to recognise pedestrians, cycles and motorcycles as well as cars so we'll definitely see further developments in this area; the front camera will probably become standard equipment.

The newish Volvo XC90 effectively has a full sized iPad grafted into its dashboard and not much else.

Having just spent the whole Easter period driving a new XC90 I can do without the touchscreen that does pretty much everything, after less than 24 hours the fingerprints all over the screen made it almost impossible to read, especially when the sun caught it, maybe the screen material didn't help, maybe the angle of the screen relative to the driver as well. It does do nearly everything from the radio, sat nav, climate, seats etc so many prints all over it very quickly.

I obviously get prints over the Columbus screen but not to the same extent by quite some way. 

I did however like the digital dash in the Volvo, the sat nav appears between the dials like the Audi/VW system, very neat.

I much prefer the BMW iDrive system which the wife has in her car

Edited by cnc

• 4 months later...

Yes, not sure about that front end, looks a little chubby. Like a hampster!

Rear end is nice it seems to me that they have extended the bottom edge of the tailgate to be flush with the bumper.

Edited by philsmith

I think the 1.8 TSI engine will be dropped for the 2.0 TFSI 190hp. The latter is on the A4 now, uses the Miller cycle and it targets fuel efficiency. 

The 1.4 TSI will be dropped in favor of the 1.5 TSI Miller engine. The same efficiency it's targeted.

Time will tell.

Edited by kpk1

First pictures with LED headlights: http://www.autobild.de/artikel/skoda-superb-facelift-2018-vorschau-10615055.html

That face looks fatter rather lifted to me...

I don't like the new look, but I do like the Superb Combi RS seen in the gallery via link above! I'd but that with a 190 TDi of the price were right! Sadly it will be well outside my price range of it comes at all.

I'm pretty sure that's a comgen image at this point... I think it's too early to know how it will actually look. I agree though - based on those images I think the rear end would be a successful update... The front less so.

I assume following option will become available:

Digital display

Passat's "Trailer Assist"

360 degree cameras

RGB LED's everywhere in the interior

Seats with extendable leg-area

And a "Simply Clever" option i would build is the built-in dashcam using the front camera. Extra hardware cost would be an extra HD, I assume the resolution of the camera is adequate enough as it can also read road-signs etc.

• Like 3