EU referendum/Brexit discussion - Part 1

gadgetman

Gibraltar 84% turnout and their polls closed an hour ago as they are on CET, reckoned to be 90% for remain when asked during campaigning. 

Edited by lol-lol

YouGov poll today came out with figures off 52% remain and 48% leave so bookies maybe got it right.

Final%20poll.jpg?w=660

Newcastle and Sunderland to report earliest and workers for for Nissan backing remain but many disgruntled council dwellers voting leave over much of the country according to IDS.

Edited by lol-lol

Weirdest trip to my polling station today and the same scene having driven past dozens of them this morning, no assault rifles in sight, felt so wrong!  :bandit:

Judging by the share of votes cast, this might be the start of the end of the UK as a country as we know it, with the calls for a second Scottish independence vote already starting and even rumblings about Northern Ireland too. I hope the politicians can keep the country together, but we have shown that we are anything but a United Kingdom on this key issue.

The markets also look set to react very badly this morning to the result, pound already down 10% and predictions of 12-19% drop for FTSE100.

We can only wait and see now how this will turn out in the fullness of time...

• Like 1

:dance:   :beer:   :cocktail:   :clap:   :happy:   :party::dance: 

OH HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Judging by the share of votes cast, this might be the start of the end of the UK as a country as we know it, with the calls for a second Scottish independence vote already starting and even rumblings about Northern Ireland too. I hope the politicians can keep the country together, but we have shown that we are anything but a United Kingdom on this key issue.

The markets also look set to react very badly this morning to the result, pound already down 10% and predictions of 12-19% drop for FTSE100.

We can only wait and see now how this will turn out in the fullness of time...

It tears up the good Friday agreement and the scotland act both of which have EU law at their heart. Sinn fheinn have said repeatedly they will call a border poll. In Scotland we were promised that our EU membership was secure. Just shows you should trust yourselves not England

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You can now get 5 to 1 on Leave but 2/11 on Remain.

I do hope you put a bet on Leave so you have some winnings to commiserate with!  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

So it's leave, and pound has already fallen to 35 year low against the dollar.

Fun times ahead today on the stock market.

The nikkei in Japan has been suspended after it fell 8%

Yesterday I could pay my German suppliers with £1 = 1.30 euros. This morning £1 = 1.22 euros. If the exchange rate continues at this rate I and many other small companies will lose a lot of business.

Anyone predicting the result yet?

I'm going for 52% remain, 48% leave, with a turnout of 72%.

Well, I was close, just the result was the other way.

It tears up the good Friday agreement and the scotland act both of which have EU law at their heart. Sinn fheinn have said repeatedly they will call a border poll. In Scotland we were promised that our EU membership was secure. Just shows you should trust yourselves not England

Your poison dwarf of a leader will now have to show us the size of her balls. Personally, I don't think she'll call for another referendum, despite the usual rhetoric, as she's no more likely to win it than last time.

Sinn fein will be bought off like they have been in the past.

Turnout in both Scotland and Northern Ireland was quite a bit lower than England and Wales.

Yesterday I could pay my German suppliers with £1 = 1.30 euros. This morning £1 = 1.22 euros. If the exchange rate continues at this rate I and many other small companies will lose a lot of business.

Find some UK suppliers instead.

But small business, red tape, small businesses don't deal with europe.

Expect the little guys who don't deal with europe to feel the hit first as their customers who do suffer financially.

The real impact in my opinion will take a few weeks to hit people. The nasty scaremongering companies Cameron supposedly bribed to support remain who will be busy doing their final sums before deciding to move back inside the EU.

I do hope you put a bet on Leave so you have some winnings to commiserate with!  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

Not a betting man but I have put much of my pension in to International Bonds and not UK equity so it will be interesting to see how the value of my pension changes over the next few weeks and years and have I hedged enough.  Pity those who have not hedged.

Working in international logistics we were already planning at scaling up systems to cope with all the millions of extra customs entries that will be needed on goods movements to and from Europe so likely to be very busy, it will be time to demand a pay rise as those of us with customs knowledge and systems will be a much in demand over the next two years.  Good bye IntraStat, hello full customs entries.  Thank God I can get an Irish passport as well as my UK/English one and be dual national and avoid Visa controls!     

Edited by lol-lol